Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Dec 2011, 23:52 (Ref:3001408)   #26
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I would say there are better drivers around, but maybe this is part of SEAT's return in WTCC in 2013.
I'd love so, but STCC is moving towards NGTC...
Old 19 Dec 2011, 09:53 (Ref:3001794)   #27
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
The DTC had a few Leon's as grid fillers a few years back, followed by DTC Light (off the top of my head it was Clio Cup, but Denmark has god knows how many spec series so it might as well have been the Pugs). Neither worked particularly well if you ask me and I would rather have done without them. Having a B-class to field does not work well in sprint racing as many of the tracks will be short enough for them to become a factor as lapped traffic. Unless you go for the Leons, but I'd be surprised to see even one appear. I would preferably have seven cars (as DTC had in its last year) and no B-fillers than a run what you brung to make the numbers look good. I have yet to see a last-minute field filling act like this work out and look professional. Lord, they're even in the way in ETCC!
The reason I suggested the Leons because IIRC if you play around with the electronics and take some ballast out you can get them to around Super 2000 speeds (someone here posted some stories about how the UK Seat Cup cars had extra ballast thrown in them because they'd be as fast as BTCC gear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'd love so, but STCC is moving towards NGTC...
That's a point - which year will NGTC motors be allowed, and when for full NGTC cars?
Old 20 Dec 2011, 11:24 (Ref:3002186)   #28
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So... IPS have pulled out of TTA and rejoined STCC under the VW banner. Interesting !
Old 20 Dec 2011, 11:35 (Ref:3002192)   #29
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
So... IPS have pulled out of TTA and rejoined STCC under the VW banner. Interesting !
He wasn't ever officially under the TTA banner but it's still an interesting change in direction for him. Probably the best deal him and his dad could have gotten out of it, so good on them.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 13:25 (Ref:3003549)   #30
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thomas Engström and Honda Racing/Seco Tools will do STCC 2012 in an ex-Dynamics Civic (2011 car). They plan to replace it with a 2012 NGTC Civic somewhere around the Gothenburg round. Great news for STCC!
Old 23 Dec 2011, 14:06 (Ref:3003557)   #31
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news indeed for STCC. It seems like both series might be pretty competative next year, I wonder how that is going to work out.

I might just be overly pessimistic but I have a hard time seeing how a country wich such a limited interest in motorsport is going to cope with two series like this.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 09:18 (Ref:3003840)   #32
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
Thomas Engström and Honda Racing/Seco Tools will do STCC 2012 in an ex-Dynamics Civic (2011 car). They plan to replace it with a 2012 NGTC Civic somewhere around the Gothenburg round. Great news for STCC!
Brilliant news! Since the Civic was a pretty dominating car last year in the BTCC it will be interesting to see how it gets on on different tracks.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 09:27 (Ref:3003844)   #33
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks very interesting ... would that make it the first full NGTC car in Sweden?

Is there anything from the rumour mill as to if anyone in Sweden's planning on building a full NGTC car?
Old 24 Dec 2011, 12:08 (Ref:3003879)   #34
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Brilliant news! Since the Civic was a pretty dominating car last year in the BTCC it will be interesting to see how it gets on on different tracks.
Should do well on the tight, twisty tracks over there. Turn-in has always been a strong point of the recent Team Dynamics cars.
Old 25 Dec 2011, 00:12 (Ref:3004067)   #35
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is good to see the real touring car championship in Sweden getting the entries now. Looking forward to seeing some more over the Winter!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3021197)   #36
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
So while TTA has been dead quiet for the past weeks, STCC has not stoped with the newsflow.

STCC secures new four-year TV deal which means STCC will be shown live in "Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland with start in 2012 to 2015."

So, 4 years with live coverage in the whole scandinavia, should have come 15 years ago! Oh well, better late then never. Should encurage new teams to come in!
Just a little update in regards to the TV-coverage: for us getting the Canal+ Sport package via ComHem it just got pricier, increased to 399 SEK/month. A tad steep, at least for the likes of me who only really is interested in IndyCar and STCC of the things Canal+ Sport will air in 2012 (which, as far as I can tell, does not include return of either DTM or BTCC that were dropped before the 2011 season).
Old 3 Feb 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3021264)   #37
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden have bought 2 of RML's 2011 spec WTCC Cruzes. They will test together with the WTCC team very soon. Not sure if they will run a 2 litre turbo unit. There are some speculations about them getting a dispensation for the 1,6T in STCC and that we might see Rydell in WTCC or ETCC... But that's just pure speculation until we get some confirmation.

I thought that was of interest since TcT don't have much interest in STCC these days.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3021427)   #38
c8nay
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, England
c8nay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely they must of been given the go ahead to use a 1.6t in the STCC this year then if they are hoping to do the opening WTCC rounds as well. Unless they plan on doing a lot of engine swapping between testing, the WTCC races and the STCC opener.

I wonder if they have had to change their plans because of RML's BTCC pull out meaning a lack of NGTC car or engine from RML to share.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3021636)   #39
markf8691
Rookie

markf8691 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Seat Sweden still supporting Daniel Motorsport? Just i read somewere else they had withdrew?

And can anybody tell me, will you be able to watch the STCC online for free this year?

Last edited by markf8691; 4 Feb 2012 at 21:51.
Old 5 Feb 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3021679)   #40
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by markf8691 View Post
Is Seat Sweden still supporting Daniel Motorsport? Just i read somewere else they had withdrew?

And can anybody tell me, will you be able to watch the STCC online for free this year?
SEAT/DMS is not listed on stcc.se, they were before but now they're gone. No one really knows what's happening. Rumors says Alx Danielsson will join TTA (for Flash), but that's just rumors. There haven't been any articles or so about DMS, and at least I haven't heard anything else from other sources.

There might be a chance you can watch the races on SVT Play, as the highlights show will be broadcasted on SVT.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3024013)   #41
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
A few news about STCC, since I got an extra 5 mins to spare.

It's been confirmed in Swedish media that STCC will not be able to race in Gothenburg anymore. City Race Arena want to focus on TTA, because "that's where all longterm manufacturers and importers are involved" (?). Do I have to remind you that Volvo and Polestar are owners of the track?

And Volvo apparently had a meeting with STCC (not sure what the purpose of that meeting was, I don't buy the PR crap), and Volvo said on TTA's website that they are happier with their decision on TTA now than before the meeting. Draw your own conclusions based on the interview with Derek Crabb, I don't know what to believe anymore. Silly season hasn't been this silly for a long time
Old 10 Feb 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3024028)   #42
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
A few news about STCC, since I got an extra 5 mins to spare.

It's been confirmed in Swedish media that STCC will not be able to race in Gothenburg anymore. City Race Arena want to focus on TTA, because "that's where all longterm manufacturers and importers are involved" (?). Do I have to remind you that Volvo and Polestar are owners of the track?
Heh. Doesn't anyone in Sweden know how to write proper contratcs? Uphill struggle doesn't begin to describe it
Old 11 Feb 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3024645)   #43
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Heh. Doesn't anyone in Sweden know how to write proper contratcs?
None in the STCC organisation anyway! Doubt you'll be able to pull one of those on lets say Flash or Dick Jönsson Wigroth
Old 5 Apr 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3054061)   #44
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brothers Ahlberg to drive Audi A4 in STCC

So these cars where last used with backings from Audi in 2007 with Stippler and Tommy Kristoffersson as drivers. KMS lost Audi backings for 2008 when Tommy and Lvov drove the cars (Lvov managed to crash his Audi atleast once each raceweekend). 1 car where also used in 2009 by Johan Kristoffersson.

I'm guessing these chassies are rather old, not sure when they where built but either for the 2006 or the 2007 season is my guess, and they have had no developement (or very little) after the 2007 season.

Am I the only one thinking BMS gets to rent those cars from KMS really cheap only so VW will have 2 more cars to beat on the track? Maybe even KMS/VW/Biogas takes money from their own pocket only to see those cars on the track, or lend the cars out to BMS for free even. Why else would anyone hire cars with no developemnt for the last 5 years?

I think this year we will see really big gaps between the top 6 cars or so and the rest of the feild that will be several seconds off the pace, in contrast to last year where we could have top 15cars within 1 second.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3054063)   #45
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
None in the STCC organisation anyway! Doubt you'll be able to pull one of those on lets say Flash or Dick Jönsson Wigroth
Turns out you can

The cars are 06:es with what should be 07 updates. It's the same situation as Mattias' Alfa and that was competitive enough to win races last year. The cars were last used in 09 and were good enough then. And they've actually bought the cars, not rented them.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3054079)   #46
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Thanks, wanst too far off then Why would then buy them? Didnt they say BMS wants to go full NGTC for 2013? Buying 2 S2000 cars for only one season seems odd to me.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3054105)   #47
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess STCC suffers from the IRL syndrome. Fill your field at all costs, even if it means putting five-year-old cars on the grid. What's the current STCC entry list anyway?
Old 5 Apr 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3054123)   #48
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Thanks, wanst too far off then Why would then buy them? Didnt they say BMS wants to go full NGTC for 2013? Buying 2 S2000 cars for only one season seems odd to me.
I do not think they were expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
I guess STCC suffers from the IRL syndrome. Fill your field at all costs, even if it means putting five-year-old cars on the grid. What's the current STCC entry list anyway?
If the car is good enough, it's good enough. For reference, see Andersson's results last year. These are the confirmed entries as for now:

#1 Rickard Rydell / Chevrolet Cruze / Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden
#7 Michel Nykjaer / Chevrolet Cruze / Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden
#2 Jordi Gené / Volkswagen Scirocco / Team Biogas.se/KMS
#3 Johan Kristoffersson / Volkswagen Scirocco / Team Biogas.se/KMS
#4 Johan Stureson / Volkswagen Scirocco / Team Biogas.se/IPS
#5 Patrik Olsson / Volkswagen Scirocco / Team Biogas.se/KMS
#6 Tomas Engström / Honda Civic / Honda Racing
#8 Joakim Ahlberg / Audi A4 / BMS Event
#9 Andreas Ahlberg / Audi A4 / BMS Event

Then there's Hoffsten's Alfa which I don't think has a full season confirmed yet, and Santosh Berggren and Robin Appelqvist who are yet to reveal their packages yet.

To add to that, apparently Danielsson isn't out of the game yet with one NGTC Leon. There's been murmurs that G-Rex will come back with their Mercedes as well.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3054778)   #49
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
According to Eric Lindgren the cars where built for the 2005 season. Even if they are updated to 2007 spec, they will be slow. Kristoffersson didnt have much success with the car in 2009 and when he drove the Scirocco the year after he was instantly much quicker.
Cant see these Audis coming anywhere near the front of the Privateers Cup even, the E90s for example will be so much quicker, if anyone decides to run them.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3054805)   #50
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
According to Eric Lindgren the cars where built for the 2005 season. Even if they are updated to 2007 spec, they will be slow. Kristoffersson didnt have much success with the car in 2009 and when he drove the Scirocco the year after he was instantly much quicker.
Cant see these Audis coming anywhere near the front of the Privateers Cup even, the E90s for example will be so much quicker, if anyone decides to run them.
Well, the TTA teams might have some E90s, but I doubt that they'll sell them to their opposition. But there are still plenty of E90s around in Europe, so that shouldn't be a problem. But even with additional BMWs, the grid still looks sad. Maybe they'll allow Leon Supercopa and Mini Challenge cars, just like ETCC.