Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Aug 2000, 17:02 (Ref:28968)   #1
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
JOHN CLELAND TO WITHDRAW FROM Y2K BRITISH GT CHAMPIONSHIP

Front running British GT driver, John Cleland, has reluctantly decided to withdraw from this year’s Privilege Insurance British GT Championship. John was forced to miss the Brands Hatch round of the Championship at the beginning of June when his father fell seriously ill, and missed the recent Croft round due to ongoing commitments abroad.

“The first thing to say is that I am not retiring!” says John. “With the recent death of my father and increased business commitments to look after, it is a time problem at the moment. Simple as that. However, if the opportunity presents itself for me to make another appearance in the CSi Brookspeed Viper before the end of the year, then be assured that I’ll be back!

“I am sorry to be withdrawing from the team and from the Championship. My co-driver, Dave Clark, and myself have worked hard with Brookspeed Racing to turn the CSi Viper into a genuine front runner in only a few races. With a couple of 3rd place finishes already, I think it is only a matter of time before CSi Brookspeed records its first win in the category.”

CSi Brookspeed team principal, Martin Braybrook, says: “I think any team owner would be upset to be losing someone of John’s calibre. His aggressive style and speed has really helped bring the Championship alive this year and his knowledge and input into our ongoing racing programme has been invaluable. John has certainly been an integral part of the team, and will be missed on a personal front as well as professionally.”

CSi Brookspeed Racing will be announcing Dave Clark’s new teammate prior to the next PowerTour event at Silverstone circuit on 19/20 August. “We are currently talking to a couple of drivers,” says Martin Braybrook. “The decision has to be made by next Tuesday at the latest, so we do have a bit of time.”

ENDS

Date of issue: 7 August 2000

Email: artpr@artpr.btinternet.com For further information please contact Adam Sawell, CSi Brookspeed Racing Marketing & Media Co-ordinator.
Tel: 01608 645 708 Mobile: 07710 153 446
Old 8 Aug 2000, 01:50 (Ref:29047)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thats a shame that JC is quiting ..im sure he has brought a higher profile to the series this year..and of course we know he is an enormous talent so lets hope he decides to continue racing next year.

BTW ..I just saw him on a TV show testing a NASCAR of all things around Donington park..that must of been a strange site for the poms to see..maybe he will take that up as there seems to be a push for it to start in Europe...and of course he is always welcome here in Oz to drive V8 supercar.
Old 9 Aug 2000, 08:27 (Ref:29263)   #3
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was an ASCAR actually, that would be like an American saying that a f1 car and a f3 car where the same.
Old 9 Aug 2000, 15:09 (Ref:29349)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
an ASCAR ????..what are the differences..I do know that it was built in Europe and it looked the same but maybe there is diffences under the bonnett ?????