Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jul 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3101024)   #2351
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How do you watch iplayer in Sweden? I thought it only worked in the UK. Do you use a fake IP address? Your posting from Sweden now.
Old 2 Jul 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3101026)   #2352
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
How do you watch iplayer in Sweden? I thought it only worked in the UK. Do you use a fake IP address?
Yeah, I use ExpatShield!
Old 3 Jul 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3101196)   #2353
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Yeah, I use ExpatShield!
Other VPNs are available
Old 3 Jul 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3101208)   #2354
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i was about to put my righteous hat on and get all daily mail about the licence fee and it being unfair that you use our services and footage without one but... fair play, it's a licence to own a television in the uk and you're not in the uk.

as you were
Old 3 Jul 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3101251)   #2355
mikestow
Rookie

mikestow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have now suffered watching the Non BBC Races long enough with the dreadful Lazenby ,but faintly amused by the shuffling and lip biting Brundle,when the ill informed Lazenby tries his hand at interviewing.The arrival of Races fully covered by the BBC now ,means I will watch the Free Practice sessions on Sky to convince myself the Sky HD was worth it,then watch the Race with Edwards,Coulthard,and EJ together with Jake.Always good value,and I now like even better EJ in there,with all his witicisms.The Expertise in Gary Anderson,when you can hear him,puts the cherry on the top.Compare the two Productions,and it just does not work for the Sky Team,although I do watch Georgie!!!!!!!!!
Digressing,but concerning the Sky HD Box,how may out there hate the non user friendly way of pressing buttons time and time again to change channels or trawl through the other rubbish Sky pushes out to find the odd program that may be enjoyable.The old Sky system and guide with one button press and quicker operation we found much better than this one.It harps back to the real old Sky days in the early 90s
Old 3 Jul 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3101254)   #2356
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I am happy enough with the Sky production and am pleased I could get the F1 without having to pay for the prima donna kick ballers, I think some people will never be happy whoever commentates unless they wheel old Murray Walker back out then you will be moaning when he gets it wrong when you are not laughing at him. I truly wonder what will satisfy some of you.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3101331)   #2357
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the BBC F1 coverage... but can someone help them with their article?

I was under the impression that a flywheel KERS has never been used in F1. Williams being the only team to develop one, but never used it in anger?

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2012...ng-the-wheel/1

I tried to help, but that resulted in this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC future
However, the Although it is still allowed, and used in some cars, many teams don’t use it – preferring to use well understood battery alternatives
Old 3 Jul 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3101343)   #2358
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i was about to put my righteous hat on and get all daily mail about the licence fee and it being unfair that you use our services and footage without one but... fair play, it's a licence to own a television in the uk and you're not in the uk.

as you were
Vikings, still the same crowd of looters they ever were.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3101385)   #2359
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post

I tried to help, but that resulted in this...
AFAIK, Williams didn't use a flywheel KERS because of packaging issues.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3101497)   #2360
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't think anyone had used a flywheel KERS in race trim.

Seems that BBC link is not available in the UK (how odd!).
Old 4 Jul 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3101732)   #2361
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
I didn't think anyone had used a flywheel KERS in race trim.
Not in F1 but 2 Audi's finished 1,2 at Le Mans with a Willams based flywheel system.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3101990)   #2362
jamieshilling
Racer

England
Larkfield, Maidstone, Kent
jamieshilling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confused?

I dont see the point in getting Sky Sports F1 because you pay for it when on BBC 1, they still show the highlights or the live race. You don't miss the race at all. I dont get it? The BBC wanted to save money, so they got rid of something that millions of people watch instead of something small that not a lot of people watch, but they still show the race and qualifying? Confused?!
Old 5 Jul 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3102192)   #2363
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
My overall objection to ITV would not have changed if they'd stopped the whatsit.
And Tiswaz,
Old 5 Jul 2012, 07:02 (Ref:3102258)   #2364
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshilling View Post
I dont see the point in getting Sky Sports F1 because you pay for it when on BBC 1, they still show the highlights or the live race. You don't miss the race at all. I dont get it? The BBC wanted to save money, so they got rid of something that millions of people watch instead of something small that not a lot of people watch, but they still show the race and qualifying? Confused?!
Welcome, but i think you are a little late to the feast. Perhaps we can offer leftovers?
Old 7 Jul 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3103251)   #2365
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know why qualy wasn't on BBC iPlayer?
Old 7 Jul 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3103257)   #2366
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Free practice?
Old 7 Jul 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3103260)   #2367
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post
Does anyone know why qualy wasn't on BBC iPlayer?
The BBC usually delay qualy on iPlayer. So far they are showing Practice1 and Practice 2.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3103261)   #2368
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe you mean P3. I don't think BBC have ever put P3 on iPlayer, but maybe I am wrong. By the time it is uploaded, qualifying has started so most people will be more interested in what happens in that. Viewing figures for P3 would probably be so low that it wouldn't be worth their while uploading it.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3103263)   #2369
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The BBC usually delay qualy on iPlayer. So far they are showing Practice1 and Practice 2.
Not for the races they show live. At least, not untill today.
None of TV stations over here is showing F1, so I watch it on the internet, and BBC's iPlayer has the best picture quality by far (I'm very gratefull for Expat Shield, who ever made it), and now I'm worried it might be the same for the race tomorrow...
Old 7 Jul 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3103267)   #2370
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Not for the races they show live. At least, not untill today.
None of TV stations over here is showing F1, so I watch it on the internet, and BBC's iPlayer has the best picture quality by far (I'm very gratefull for Expat Shield, who ever made it), and now I'm worried it might be the same for the race tomorrow...
Can you access the BBC sports page, there's a live feed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-video/p00vnlhh
Old 7 Jul 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3103269)   #2371
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Can you access the BBC sports page, there's a live feed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-video/p00vnlhh
Yes, thank you!!!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3103270)   #2372
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Yes, thank you!!!
No probs .
Old 16 Jul 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3107199)   #2373
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The BBC is to save £150 million over the length of the current deal with sky for UK TV rights.

http://www.pitpass.com/46804-BBC-sav...gh-Sky-F1-deal

This article also says overall viewing figures are up with BBC down but increasing in recent races.
Old 16 Jul 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3107205)   #2374
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I have just received notification in the post of an increase in Sky fees from Sept 1st - £1.00 extra per month for the Sports package.

Not a lot, but multiply by 12 and then by the number of subscribers. So is this an acknowledgement that they're not making as much as they thought out of it? I've hardly watched the channel since the initial fuss - they simply repeat the races, and the "legends" interviews. There's nothing new, which isn't what they promised.
Old 16 Jul 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3107227)   #2375
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
I have just received notification in the post of an increase in Sky fees from Sept 1st - £1.00 extra per month for the Sports package.
For the UK isn't that the first price rise in a couple of years though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
I've hardly watched the channel since the initial fuss - they simply repeat the races, and the "legends" interviews. There's nothing new, which isn't what they promised.
I have to admit I like the Legends interviews, and enjoy the fact that I can easily see the GP2/GP3 races without having to dig around for them. I also like the way they have been showing the footage of old races where possible, the 1964 European GP from Brands was a hoot, even if was just for the phrase "The sky is standard British Racing Grey" in the plummiest of 60's TV accents.

So far it's done everything it's said on the tin.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky