Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Jun 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3741623)   #8671
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
McLaren are always talking about a GTE entry. That's apparently why Strakka have the works GT3 cars at the moment - to prep for that car being a GTE car in it's next generation.

Honda...with hybrids? They barely last 24 minutes.
Honda, maybe. HPD? Infinitely better at it and importantly can admit oops, we need to try again
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 14:04 (Ref:3741627)   #8672
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HPD Would be awesome, but I imagine they'd need support to do the hybrids. That's if hybrids stick around of course. But I imagine the top brass would want it run out of Japan tbh. I'd think HPD would do a better job though.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3741633)   #8673
StueyB83
Rookie

StueyB83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
McLaren are always talking about a GTE entry. That's apparently why Strakka have the works GT3 cars at the moment - to prep for that car being a GTE car in it's next generation.
Well at this rate, at least they can bypass a number of FIA crash testing simulations.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3741896)   #8674
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Panoz has its own thread. Who'd have thought?http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150639

I'll move the spots from that over to there...
Old 20 Jun 2017, 21:32 (Ref:3745588)   #8675
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
IMSA possibly considering a PFV(Performance Factory Vehicle) class for Weathertech series? Sounds like wishful thinking to me, but the rumor's making the rounds with the contacts I talk to.

But I won't lie... I'd love to see it. I think that's the only class IMSA could add that could actually improve things. (not to mention a PFV class could make a great fallback should Stateside interest in LMP2/DPi falter)
Old 20 Jun 2017, 22:30 (Ref:3745604)   #8676
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stupid question - what is a PFV (Performance Factory Vehicle)?

Never heard of that before.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3745606)   #8677
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fast road car made by a car company?
Old 20 Jun 2017, 23:08 (Ref:3745615)   #8678
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting...Assuming this thing has to have a roll cage, then it seems like GT3 and GT4 already take care of this...
Old 20 Jun 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3745618)   #8679
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
IMSA possibly considering a PFV(Performance Factory Vehicle) class for Weathertech series? Sounds like wishful thinking to me, but the rumor's making the rounds with the contacts I talk to.

But I won't lie... I'd love to see it. I think that's the only class IMSA could add that could actually improve things. (not to mention a PFV class could make a great fallback should Stateside interest in LMP2/DPi falter)
Is a PFV like late 90's GT1?
Old 20 Jun 2017, 23:42 (Ref:3745621)   #8680
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
There's probably a better term to use, but "PFV" is what the people I've heard talking about it are using so I slipped into that terminology - you could call it an "open" class, but since there are likely to be restrictions that would be a bit misleading.

Anyhow, PFV is one of many terms for semi-open classes featuring factory-built cars, sometimes roadcar based but usually not, which don't fit homologation requirements for any other class. Examples include the Ginetta G57, Renault Sport RS01, and the Radical RXC Coupe. (the latter two have managed to get GT3 homolgations, but both are restricted relative to their normal versions - the unhomologated versions would run in a PFV type of class)

The recently announced Pescarolo 04-LM and Ligier JSP4 would also fit into such a category.

Cars not unlike a late 90s GT1 could make their way to it, but I don't think any such cars really exist right now. Closest I can think of is the aforementioned Renault.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3745627)   #8681
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!
Seems like an answer to a question no one has asked??

Esp since the cars you list wouldn't exactly be leaders compared to GTLM. Seems like they are in the LMPC gap more than a headlining class of cars.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 01:27 (Ref:3745629)   #8682
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Seems like an answer to a question no one has asked??
Personally I stopped worrying about that long ago; Motorsports is full of such things. Probably half the motorsports classes in the world are answers to questions no one asked.

Quote:
Esp since the cars you list wouldn't exactly be leaders compared to GTLM. Seems like they are in the LMPC gap more than a headlining class of cars.
And why not? If LMP2 can be ahead of GTLM, then certainly these cars could be. Performance shouldn't be much of an issue, as PFVs tend to be a bit faster than LMP3 and GT3(in FIA spec as well as IMSA's restricted spec) despite generally being restricted a fair bit, and without any restrictions the Ginetta G57 actually laps on par with the now-retired generation of LMP2s.

If IMSA has a serious reason to consider it, there's in my opinion no reason not to consider it. But therein lies the issue - IMSA's got a good class lineup already, so do they actually NEED it right now? My gut says no, but I hope they're actually looking at it as considering such things and planning for long-term possibilities is not a bad idea.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 01:37 (Ref:3745631)   #8683
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds intriguing. To echo your words Fox, do we need it? Which got me thinking, if this rumor gains traction, is this possibly a counter against competition ie: projected growth of WEC P1-L, or perhaps a domestic organization that's vying for team/cars?
Old 21 Jun 2017, 01:57 (Ref:3745632)   #8684
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
The potential... size of the can of worms this class' BoP could induce is huge.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 02:54 (Ref:3745643)   #8685
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns36699.html

Quote:
As Porsche won at Le Mans last weekend, the fabled endurance race was being attended not only by McLaren executive Zak Brown, but also F1 team boss Eric Boullier.
Is the McLaren GTE rumor still alive?