Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Apr 2022, 17:57 (Ref:4105100)   #1626
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It's aliiiiiiive!
Said i think in a Brian Blessed roar
Old 2 Apr 2022, 08:40 (Ref:4105138)   #1627
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm sure there's other voices I can think of apart from Brian Blessed
Old 2 Apr 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4105146)   #1628
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's aliiiiiiive!

Honestly I can't understand why people are so surprised that this "new" car can actually move... if CLM can move, why shouldn't this car move? You're all watching the same car with just a differnt bodywork.
Don't know if they could ever get ACO/FIA LMH homologation, but I hope for them they would be allowed to run with the same 940kg/600hp bop of alpine since that tub was made according to lmp2/lmp1 specs of 10 years ago... ballast it up to >1030kg would be a chassis/setup suicide.
Old 2 Apr 2022, 10:41 (Ref:4105149)   #1629
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Honestly I can't understand why people are so surprised that this "new" car can actually move... if CLM can move, why shouldn't this car move? You're all watching the same car with just a differnt bodywork.
We're being largely facetious......
Old 2 Apr 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4105154)   #1630
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They are basing it on an old chassis and mechanicals and they are only just getting to track. Progress is slow. This old car wasn’t that competitive before either.

They are basing it round an inappropriate and old chassis that is unsuitable for the current rules. It’s not grandfathered in the rules it is meant to be for the new rules. Bopping it will be a nightmare.

I suspect many will continue to be facetious on this topic. I get it.

I’d probably still let it race, but I can see why the ACO have the position they do. For this and other reasons.

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Apr 2022 at 12:25.
Old 2 Apr 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4105156)   #1631
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm sure there's other voices I can think of apart from Brian Blessed
Paula Abdul?
Old 2 Apr 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4105159)   #1632
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...es-remain.html
Old 2 Apr 2022, 14:34 (Ref:4105160)   #1633
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Graham.
Old 2 Apr 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4105162)   #1634
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for a sound voice in the debacle Graham!
It is a bit pathetic of ByKolles to use the public opinion to put pressure on ACO for a car that is scrapped together by old bits.
They have sponsor obligations and this is probably the best way to do it, but they should stop playing a victim, when they made their own bed.
Old 2 Apr 2022, 15:28 (Ref:4105163)   #1635
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Lovely picture of a Vanwall.
Old 2 Apr 2022, 15:55 (Ref:4105164)   #1636
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can anyone point to a source that this car is a rehash of their lmp1 chassis? I thought the tub dimensions were different in hypercar. And there are nearly no engine limitations beyond power, so the Gibson isn't an old bit necessarily. The bodywork is clearly all new, just curious to find out more about the car.
Old 2 Apr 2022, 15:57 (Ref:4105165)   #1637
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Besides the CLM and 'Vanwall' looking somewhat similar, do we have actual proof or valid statements they share the same chassis/tub?
Old 2 Apr 2022, 16:25 (Ref:4105166)   #1638
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No idea. But the minimum weight of a non-hybrid LMP1 was about 830kg. The minimum weight of a non-hybrid Hypercar is about 1030kg. The idea that they have bolted in 200kg of lead or tungsten or depleted uranium seems crazy even by ByKolles's usual standards. Doesn't it?
Old 2 Apr 2022, 17:06 (Ref:4105176)   #1639
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Can anyone point to a source that this car is a rehash of their lmp1 chassis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Besides the CLM and 'Vanwall' looking somewhat similar, do we have actual proof or valid statements they share the same chassis/tub?
Link.

Quote:
No idea. But the minimum weight of a non-hybrid LMP1 was about 830kg. The minimum weight of a non-hybrid Hypercar is about 1030kg. The idea that they have bolted in 200kg of lead or tungsten or depleted uranium seems crazy even by ByKolles's usual standards. Doesn't it?
As pointed out in that link. Pure madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
I thought the tub dimensions were different in hypercar. And there are nearly no engine limitations beyond power, so the Gibson isn't an old bit necessarily. The bodywork is clearly all new, just curious to find out more about the car.
Some stuff from 2020. It has really been a whirlwind of development:
May 2020.

On the engine:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S365 May 2020
“So we were trying to find a different solution for an engine and there was not really another option. Because our car is built like a Formula 1 car, we need a stressed engine.

“So it’s not like I take an engine from an Alfa Romeo and I put it in the car, because our hypercar philosophy is different to Glickenhaus’ philosophy.
Some vague stuff about the monocoque
Quote:
However, the engine uncertainty resulted in a delay in the delivery of the first monocoque, which was due to arrive at ByKolles’ facility in Germany three months ago.

“We are finalizing the electronics,” explained Kolles.

“We now know which engine we will run, and we know the gearbox and the suspension.

“We are now in phase seven of the hypercar program. It started in phase one, but we are now in phase seven.”
By May 2020 they were already in phase 7 of development. What is the the testing phase we’ve just seen. Phase 62?

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Apr 2022 at 17:12.
Old 2 Apr 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4105191)   #1640
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That's a post from a member here, not actual proof though.
Old 3 Apr 2022, 08:49 (Ref:4105214)   #1641
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's good that it's coming out to test, it's a start at least. If they can't make the series this year, hopefully they can make the series next year
Old 6 May 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4109044)   #1642
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kolles are at Spa this weekend talking to the ACO etc

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...ting-cast.html
Old 6 May 2022, 10:05 (Ref:4109045)   #1643
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Were at Spa - left after the meeting I understand
Old 6 May 2022, 13:43 (Ref:4109059)   #1644
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Were at Spa - left after the meeting I understand
I hope they drove the road version of their LMH car to the talks!
Old 6 May 2022, 22:47 (Ref:4109097)   #1645
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Of course, I mean, why wouldn’t they?
Old 9 May 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4109358)   #1646
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Of course, I mean, why wouldn’t they?
I for one can see no reason why they wouldn't drive the road version (that definitley exists) of their future race car (that also definitely exists) to a meeting about definitely racing said car.
Old 9 May 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4109413)   #1647
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
I for one can see no reason why they wouldn't drive the road version (that definitley exists) of their future race car (that also definitely exists) to a meeting about definitely racing said car.
We know the car exists, seen it running even!

I'm just glad to see they haven't given up on trying to make the grid. I do wonder if we would be in a different position if there were no issues with the Vanwall name, or would the ACO still have found a reason to reject the entry?
Old 9 May 2022, 14:48 (Ref:4109423)   #1648
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
We know the car exists, seen it running even!

I'm just glad to see they haven't given up on trying to make the grid. I do wonder if we would be in a different position if there were no issues with the Vanwall name, or would the ACO still have found a reason to reject the entry?
Hypercar constructors need to be tied to a car manufacturer as I understand it (which is probably why Kolles is trying to go with Vanwall in the first place) so there might be your possible obstruction as the car won't be accepted as a simple 'ByKolles'. It's clear (and has been for a while) independent racing car constructors are not on the ACO's priority list.
Old 10 May 2022, 08:29 (Ref:4109505)   #1649
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Hypercar constructors need to be tied to a car manufacturer as I understand it (which is probably why Kolles is trying to go with Vanwall in the first place) so there might be your possible obstruction as the car won't be accepted as a simple 'ByKolles'. It's clear (and has been for a while) independent racing car constructors are not on the ACO's priority list.
That is the main obstruction - it's been fairly widely reported. Obviously people want to see the car on the grid but I imagine the ACO meeting went something like "make your entry comply with the rules and you'll be in".

Of all the random, niche marques they could have pursued maybe Vanwall isn't the one.
Old 10 May 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4109513)   #1650
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Of all the random, niche marques they could have pursued maybe Vanwall isn't the one.
It's so random it's actually pretty bizarre.....