Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2017, 06:19 (Ref:3741088)   #106
Lanky Turtle
Veteran
 
Lanky Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location:
Between Daytona and Sebring
Posts: 697
Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the problem is they don't want more cars in the infield, so even if they could fill in the lake they wouldn't. They want more people in the stands and more people buying drinks and food at the track instead of bringing in a car load of their own stuff.
Lanky Turtle is offline  
__________________
RacefastsafecaR
Quote
Old 14 Jun 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3741211)   #107
Maelochs
Veteran
 
Maelochs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,655
Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I think the problem is they don't want more cars in the infield, so even if they could fill in the lake they wouldn't. They want more people in the stands and more people buying drinks and food at the track instead of bringing in a car load of their own stuff.
First off, the cannot fill the lake with anything but water.

Daytona is pretty much at sea level. When it rains, all that water needs to drain.

Second ... exactly. Camping is not a priority for the Track. it is better for the track and the town idf people come, stay in hotels, and visit the track. The track doesn't have to deal with so much impact, I am sure they make a lot higher profit margin on a ticket than on a camping pass.

Also, to open up areas for camping means more sanitation facilities, more roads, more gates, more personnel making sure campers stay clear of the track .... and there really isn't That much space available. Half the trackside space would have to be cordoned off as a crash zone.

I'd think Daytona (the track) would be happiest raising the prices on the existing spots, to attract a more genteel, better-funded crowd ... supply and demand makes this very possible---rather than to increase the number of campers in general. And their best bet is to spend the least amount on modifications, clean-up, etc and just get more two-day ticket purchasers into the stands.
Maelochs is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Jun 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3741218)   #108
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
United States
Connecticut
Posts: 6,754
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
First off, the cannot fill the lake with anything but water.

Daytona is pretty much at sea level. When it rains, all that water needs to drain.

Second ... exactly. Camping is not a priority for the Track. it is better for the track and the town idf people come, stay in hotels, and visit the track. The track doesn't have to deal with so much impact, I am sure they make a lot higher profit margin on a ticket than on a camping pass.

Also, to open up areas for camping means more sanitation facilities, more roads, more gates, more personnel making sure campers stay clear of the track .... and there really isn't That much space available. Half the trackside space would have to be cordoned off as a crash zone.

I'd think Daytona (the track) would be happiest raising the prices on the existing spots, to attract a more genteel, better-funded crowd ... supply and demand makes this very possible---rather than to increase the number of campers in general. And their best bet is to spend the least amount on modifications, clean-up, etc and just get more two-day ticket purchasers into the stands.
Get out.
Matt is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Jun 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3741220)   #109
fieldodreams79
Veteran
 
fieldodreams79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United States
The Dirty South
Posts: 7,787
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
First off, the cannot fill the lake with anything but water.

Daytona is pretty much at sea level. When it rains, all that water needs to drain.
Don't try to tell a construction person something "cannot" be done. You just have to throw money at it.

And there's plenty of dirt close by that can be used as fill. Really close.

It won't ever be done, however.
fieldodreams79 is offline  
__________________
69
Quote
Old 14 Jun 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3741294)   #110
broadrun96
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
United States
Posts: 3,223
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Don't try to tell a construction person something "cannot" be done. You just have to throw money at it.

And there's plenty of dirt close by that can be used as fill. Really close.

It won't ever be done, however.
And they have conveniently labelled the piles 1-4 to remember where they put it.
broadrun96 is online now  
__________________
Retired, life is too short to not enjoy it and here we don't enjoy life.
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3746459)   #111
hondafan37
Veteran
 
hondafan37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Posts: 1,139
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andretti Autosport wanting to return to IMSA.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14174...-new-imsa-deal
hondafan37 is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3746464)   #112
fieldodreams79
Veteran
 
fieldodreams79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United States
The Dirty South
Posts: 7,787
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Andretti Autosport wanting to return to IMSA.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14174...-new-imsa-deal
Just caught that. It would be good!

Perhaps with a Honda?
fieldodreams79 is offline  
__________________
69
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3746468)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
United States
Posts: 3,223
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
I'm trying to think where they could go, the article seems to indicate they are talking with manufacturers and GT since prototype seems full. But GTD doesn't have any new cars on the horizon for a one year Acura/Lexus deal that I can remember, and GTLM is pretty full unless they are putting a bid together for the BMW program with the 2018 M8 GTE. Sounds like the usual kicking of tires teams do for the next season, although I could see BMW giving them the program with their Formula E linkup giving them a leg up on RLL.

From the article:
"We've been talking with a lot of manufacturers about getting back into sports cars," Andretti told RACER. Asked if he felt landing a prototype or GT deal was more likely, Andretti said "GT; there isn't a lot left in prototypes right now."
broadrun96 is online now  
__________________
Retired, life is too short to not enjoy it and here we don't enjoy life.
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 18:12 (Ref:3746476)   #114
MaskedRacer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 853
MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm trying to think where they could go, the article seems to indicate they are talking with manufacturers and GT since prototype seems full. But GTD doesn't have any new cars on the horizon for a one year Acura/Lexus deal that I can remember, and GTLM is pretty full unless they are putting a bid together for the BMW program with the 2018 M8 GTE. Sounds like the usual kicking of tires teams do for the next season, although I could see BMW giving them the program with their Formula E linkup giving them a leg up on RLL.

From the article:
"We've been talking with a lot of manufacturers about getting back into sports cars," Andretti told RACER. Asked if he felt landing a prototype or GT deal was more likely, Andretti said "GT; there isn't a lot left in prototypes right now."
I am going to say mclaren?
MaskedRacer is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3746479)   #115
Articus
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,016
Articus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I am going to say mclaren?
Articus is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3746486)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran
 
joeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 9,214
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm trying to think where they could go, the article seems to indicate they are talking with manufacturers and GT since prototype seems full. But GTD doesn't have any new cars on the horizon for a one year Acura/Lexus deal that I can remember, and GTLM is pretty full unless they are putting a bid together for the BMW program with the 2018 M8 GTE. Sounds like the usual kicking of tires teams do for the next season, although I could see BMW giving them the program with their Formula E linkup giving them a leg up on RLL.

From the article:
"We've been talking with a lot of manufacturers about getting back into sports cars," Andretti told RACER. Asked if he felt landing a prototype or GT deal was more likely, Andretti said "GT; there isn't a lot left in prototypes right now."
Maybe Ferrari is interested in a factory GT team?
joeb is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3746490)   #117
hondafan37
Veteran
 
hondafan37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Posts: 1,139
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Maybe Ferrari is interested in a factory GT team?
In that case Ferrari should support Risi.
Risi did quite well without factory support, it should be better if that support comes. Especially to be able to put 2 cars on track and be on equal terms with the rest of the factory teams.
hondafan37 is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3746505)   #118
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran
 
JHamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
United States
Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,159
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I am going to say mclaren?
I'm a sucker for a McLaren rumor, so I'm on board!
JHamilton is online now  
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 22:03 (Ref:3746539)   #119
FormulaFox
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
United States
Ohio
Posts: 1,268
FormulaFox has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I am going to say mclaren?
Nissan's in the door, but doesn't have a GTD entry.
FormulaFox is offline  
__________________
JRDUD is love. JRSUS is life. We are all JRSUD. JRDUS is a lie.
Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 23:08 (Ref:3746545)   #120
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran
 
JHamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
United States
Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,159
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Nissan's in the door, but doesn't have a GTD entry.
I would think Andretti is looking for a factory backed effort.
JHamilton is online now  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GTE / GTLM 2018, on the way to a new GT1 era hondafan37 Sportscar & GT Racing 198 24 Jun 2017 10:21
[WEC] BMW confirmed in GTE in 2018 AkioAsakura95 Sportscar & GT Racing 187 30 May 2017 11:35
2018 New Manufacturers GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 60 28 Nov 2016 02:56
Hockenheim secures new deal until 2018 jab Formula One 13 2 Oct 2009 00:25


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.