Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 16 Apr 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2864471)   #26
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8th caution. Hornish Jr. gets turned by teammate Keselowski coming off turn two. Just taps the inside wall with the rear end and can continue on.

It's going to be a three or four lap shootout for the win.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2864473)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
He's saying we're ganging up on him? Seriously?
No, just mods!
Old 16 Apr 2011, 21:54 (Ref:2864474)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
G/W/C at 'dega. Really?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2864476)   #29
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I expect we'll see at least one more after this first one.

Nemechek currently leading
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2864478)   #30
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops for Turner Motorsports.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2864479)   #31
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
10th caution. Three car incident on the backstretch, including the would-be points leader Jason Leffler.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2864481)   #32
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
I expect we'll see at least one more after this first one.

Nemechek currently leading
Wallace now. Seriously, It's well known that if you put him in a car, he could really perform.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:04 (Ref:2864482)   #33
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Not sure I'd want to be Sorenson in the next Turner Motorsports team-meeting.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2864488)   #34
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Mike Wallace goes for a wild ride, flipping at the end of the backstretch on the white flag lap. This race is over and it seems Kyle Busch might've won it.

Edit - It's official, Kyle got the win.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2864489)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a shame.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2864490)   #36
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
That was just a "where the hell did he come from"?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2864494)   #37
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
It's a shame NASCAR didn't let them race back to the line (like they have done a couple of times in the past despite a wreck happening). Would have been plenty of time for the cars to slow down before coming back to the scene of the crash in turn three.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 17:38 (Ref:2871826)   #38
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
OUCH:

McClure's home hit by tornado: Many areas in the southeast region of the country have been affected and are seeing mass destruction and devastation, in what the National Weather Service is calling one of the largest tornado outbreaks in the county. NASCAR Nationwide Series driver, Eric McClure, who resides in Abingdon, Virginia with his family, experienced the storm first hand last night. For what seemed like hours of waiting as the storms moved over the small town late last night, McClure finally tweeted, "Thanks for prayers. Moved to Dad's. House is wrecked; hiding place and most of house flooded; severe damage to the roof, sides, and well, the whole inside. Everyone is safe. God is good." Despite the loss, the Virginia driver remains positive. "I'm very thankful right now that we are all safe," said McClure, "some people affected by these storms can't say that." "This is by far the worst storm system I have ever seen. This is my first true tornado experience and I can honestly say I hope it is my last. Houses can be replaced but family can't. I am just thankful that God protected us last night." McClure still plans to participate in Friday's Bubba Burger 250 at Richmond International Raceway.(TMR)(4-28-2011)

Also, I'm sorry, but I have to say this. Derrike Cope is a solid 19th in points
Old 30 Apr 2011, 02:13 (Ref:2871947)   #39
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Not even the great Derricke Cope was any match for Denny Hamlin tonight at Richmond. The guy has just got that track nailed. He takes the win after leading 199 of 251 laps with Menard, Allgaier, E. Sadler and Aimirola round out the top 5 finishers.

Richmond Bubba Burgers 250 RESULTS

Mmmmm....Bubba Burgers.
Old 30 Apr 2011, 04:51 (Ref:2871971)   #40
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Not to mention that he was the ONLY car on the lead lap. Good thing I didn't watch much of it because how anticlimatic...
Old 7 May 2011, 01:41 (Ref:2875631)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Royal Purple 200 at Darlington

Qualifying rained out, so they started based on Practice Times, which meant Kyle started from the pole, followed by a bunch of current/former Cup full timers.

Rough night for some folks, but good close, fender banging action, with tire and fuel mileage strategies in play, as we would expect at Darlington Raceway. Lots of stripes earned, a handful of torn up race cars and Kyle Busch taking another victory from the full time NW runners. Joe Gibbs Racing takes 5 of the last 6 NW Darlington races.

The rest of the top 10:
2) #20-Denny Hamlin
3) #2-Elliott Sadler
4) #31-Justin Allgaier
5) #66-Steve Wallace
6) #33-Clint Bowyer
7) #38-Kasey Kahne
8) #32-Reed Sorenson
9) #30-Jason Leffler
10)#6-Ricky Stenhouse, Jr

FULL RESULTS
Old 7 May 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2876422)   #42
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Question for all: What do think about the new NNS points system and the fact that Cup drives can still run full time there?

With how it is, there is very, very little chance of a regular winning any of the 35 races. Because BK and Edwards (am I forgetting anyone) run full time in Cup and NNS. Nemechek doesn't count, since he's a S&P in Cup, nor part of a big team. Then we have guys like Busch and Hamlin dominating every race they enter. At the highest, a NNS regular has only been able to finish 3rd, though it's a great result considering how many Cup drivers show up to the events (usually around 10 or so).
At this rate, we will have a Champion not winning a race all year.

Is this an issue for you guys, because alot of people webwide are already complaining and worrying about the situation.
Old 8 May 2011, 03:58 (Ref:2876544)   #43
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wait til Road America, and if Edwards races or not, then we might get a NNS permanent driver winning... Doesn't bother me though... they need Cup drivers to get the crowds, and the regular NNS have good drivers and teams to measure themselves against, especially if they are team mates to a regular cup driver
Old 20 May 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2883245)   #44
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Roush's #16, the car that Bayne was to drive, has been withdrawn from the races until he is cleared to race again. He will have to qualify on time through at least the rest of the year.
Old 20 May 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2883262)   #45
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
oops.
Old 23 May 2011, 01:00 (Ref:2884180)   #46
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Hooray! Stenhouse Jr is the first Nationwide regular to win this year. http://jayski.com/nationwide/2011/ne...esults2011.htm

Points now http://jayski.com/nationwide/2011/ne...points2011.htm
Old 23 May 2011, 01:04 (Ref:2884183)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Damnit! I love Iowa and am sorry to say that I missed it.

Congrats to Ricky!
Old 23 May 2011, 15:10 (Ref:2884514)   #48
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well done to Stenhouse. I want to see more of these NW drivers topple these Cup kings.

Funny seeing those Cope twins spin in the same spot within a few laps of each other. I'm still not sure whether I was looking at a replay or reality.
Old 23 May 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2884807)   #49
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Damnit! I love Iowa and am sorry to say that I missed it.

Congrats to Ricky!
Saw highlights & its great to see a Nationwide regular win

RIP Macho Man - OOOh yeah!
Old 24 May 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2885413)   #50
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Villeneuve to Drive No. 22 Dodge at Road America, Montreal

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (May 24, 2011) - One of the most accomplished racers in recent history will join Penske Racing for two upcoming road course races on the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) schedule. Former world champion driver Jacques Villeneuve will compete behind the wheel of the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger in the Nationwide Series races at Road America (June 25) and Montreal (August 20). Villeneuve will fill in for reigning Nationwide Series champion, Brad Keselowski, at the two events, which will be run on non-companion race weekends with the NASCAR Cup Series.

"I am really looking forward to joining Penske Racing and getting the chance to race at two of my favorite tracks with the series championship team," said Villeneuve, who recently tested with the team at Road Atlanta. "I am excited to work with the Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge crew and we should be very competitive in both of these events."
Villeneuve is one of only three drivers to win the Indianapolis 500, the Indy Car championship and the Formula One Series world title, joining former Penske Racing drivers Mario Andretti and Emerson Fittipaldi in the rare racing triple crown. Villenueve won the Indy 500 and the CART Series Indy Car crown in 1995 before moving to Formula One where he captured the driver's title in 1997.

"It's great to be able bring aboard a driver like Jacques, who has raced and won at the highest levels of motorsports," said Tim Cindric, President of Penske Racing. "Jacques has run well at both of these tracks before and he'll be a good fit on the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday team."
Villeneuve has made eight NASCAR starts over the past four seasons, including five in the Nationwide Series. His top NASCAR result came last season when he finished third at Montreal.

Competing at both Road America and Montreal, Villeneuve will return to two tracks where he's enjoyed some impressive history. He has already been to Victory Lane at Road America as he won the CART Series races there in both 1994 and 1995. He will then race in his hometown of Montreal, Quebec, Canada at the circuit named after his famous father, former Formula One driver Gilles Villeneuve.

For the two upcoming events, Villeneuve joins a team that certainly has experienced its share of success over the last 16 months. Since the team made its debut in February 2010, the Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge NNS team has recorded six wins, five poles and a remarkable 32 top-five finishes in 47 races. The team claimed Penske Racing's first-ever NASCAR title when it won the series championship in 2010.

Penske Racing is one of the most successful teams in the history of professional sports. Competing in a variety of disciplines, cars owned and prepared by Penske Racing have produced 334 major race wins, 398 pole positions and 23 National Championships. For more information about Penske Racing, please visit www.penskeracing.com.
Former world champion driver Jacques Villeneuve will compete behind the wheel of the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger in the Nationwide Series races at Road America (June 25) and Montreal (August 20)....