Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Apr 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3813531)   #376
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Onboard from the US track. Looks like it was "built" over a day. Folkrace tracks in Sweden even looks better.

https://www.facebook.com/WorldRXUSA/...jD3HyN28DcngDY
I imagine they'll beautify the track and remove all tyre walls. At least it was fast in parts and had some quick wide open corners . It's quite short though and the dirt sections could be bigger
Old 7 Apr 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3813678)   #377
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anyone seen a TV schedule as to when the opening round, Spain 15th April, is on TV, and on what channel?

The WRX website is saying its on Motorsport TV and Sky Mix, but cannot see it on the Motorsports TV schedule for the 15th or in the following week. Is it being shown live in the UK?
Old 7 Apr 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3813769)   #378
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
I think the WRX is out of date. I don't think it's been announced yet. Hoping for live on terrestrial (or Freeview) TV
Old 7 Apr 2018, 22:53 (Ref:3813797)   #379
Marcopolo
Rookie

Marcopolo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djksuedwest View Post
You did a really good job in Cape Town, mate. Track was special, but the drivers loved it and especially turn 1 and 2, the jump and the Joker exit where really nice.
Good to see that some ppl appreciate the amount of work that happend. WPMC ( western province motor club the non profit organization that runs Killarney international racetrack) put the track together in less than a year... I was at the track till after 10pm on the Wednesday settings us the media centre so it was ready on the Thursday...

The crowd loved the racng, my bosses group has gone up from 16 to over 40...

All I hope is that more ppl decide to visit Cape town after all that's the reason we agreed to host it...

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Old 9 Apr 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3814338)   #380
djksuedwest
Rookie

djksuedwest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Wait til you see Silverstone. Made Hockenheim look like a speed circuit.
Oh my gosh!
Old 10 Apr 2018, 22:55 (Ref:3814752)   #381
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Has anyone seen a TV schedule as to when the opening round, Spain 15th April, is on TV, and on what channel?

The WRX website is saying its on Motorsport TV and Sky Mix, but cannot see it on the Motorsports TV schedule for the 15th or in the following week. Is it being shown live in the UK?
Okay the answer has now appeared on social media, Freesports are showing the world rallycross live on Sunday at 1pm, okay for those with Satellites, not so good for those who watch by Aerial, but thankfully its not hidden behind a pay for view channel.
Old 11 Apr 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3814838)   #382
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hasn't everyone in the UK got access to Freeview? I must admit I haven't checked it works, but I'm sure that I have Freesports on my box but don't have a satellite connection. That'll be annoying if we can't get it!
Old 11 Apr 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3814860)   #383
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hasn't everyone in the UK got access to Freeview? I must admit I haven't checked it works, but I'm sure that I have Freesports on my box but don't have a satellite connection. That'll be annoying if we can't get it!
It's channel 95 on freeview
Old 11 Apr 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3814872)   #384
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
I checked the Freesports page and it seems you need a special box (such as BTs YouView) and to not be in a very rural area. Looking at the Freeview site we should have sufficient coverage. Fingers crossed. Missed the rallycross on TV last year
Old 11 Apr 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3814884)   #385
Marcopolo
Rookie

Quote:
I checked the Freesports page and it seems you need a special box (such as BTs YouView) and to not be in a very rural area. Looking at the Freeview site we should have sufficient coverage. Fingers crossed. Missed the rallycross on TV last year
If you can play with your DNS setting on your router you should be able to fool YouTube channel into thinking you in another country and then stream it on youtube

Old 11 Apr 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3814888)   #386
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcopolo View Post
If you can play with your DNS setting on your router you should be able to fool YouTube channel into thinking you in another country and then stream it on youtube

Very true. I've used Hola Better Internet app on Chrome before but it's riddled with adware. TV is much nicer than watching on laptop (I'm a bit old school like that).
Old 11 Apr 2018, 15:30 (Ref:3814889)   #387
Marcopolo
Rookie

Quote:
Very true. I've used Hola Better Internet app on Chrome before but it's riddled with adware. TV is much nicer than watching on laptop (I'm a bit old school like that).

Plug laptop into TV... Problem solved

Or get yourself a wireless display adapter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11 Apr 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3814901)   #388
Marcopolo
Rookie

New site racing mini Cooper for Oliver Bennett

https://drivetribe.com/p/brit-ace-ol...source=organic

Old 12 Apr 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3815049)   #389
Marcopolo
Rookie

Olseberg MSE revealed there cars earlier today

Old 14 Apr 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3815457)   #390
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think the WRX is out of date. I don't think it's been announced yet. Hoping for live on terrestrial (or Freeview) TV
Whatā€™s the latest with this?
Can anyone suggest how to view it in a simple way
Old 14 Apr 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3815468)   #391
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toomas Heikkinen told that good news may be in the near future but where, and when - no reply was received yet. "- I already have one contract on the table."
Old 14 Apr 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3815552)   #392
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Toomas Heikkinen told that good news may be in the near future but where, and when - no reply was received yet. "- I already have one contract on the table."
What's this about?
Old 15 Apr 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3815690)   #393
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the season starts, we don't know much. So, based off gut feel, tea leaves and general impressions - who would you pick for world champion driver and team this year?

Driver: Bakkerud (though rooting for Solberg)
Team: Audi
Old 15 Apr 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3815705)   #394
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see Timmy Hansen winning the title, but I donĀ“t think this will happen.

Driver: Kristoffersson
Team: EKS Audi Sport
Old 15 Apr 2018, 11:30 (Ref:3815707)   #395
Marcopolo
Rookie

World Rallycross Championship 2018

I'm gonna go with Bakkerud for the championship and EKS for the teams title,

Solberg is likely to get the win today though, he always seems to do well in slippery conditions

Hoping Kevin Hansen get a win this year!

Old 16 Apr 2018, 12:05 (Ref:3815992)   #396
MANU MATADOR
Rookie

Portugal
porto
MANU MATADOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope to see Loeb champ but my guess is:

Kristofferson
WV
Old 16 Apr 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3816045)   #397
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watched some brief highlights

I thought this sport was supposed to be rallycross? You know, tarmac and dirt?

Disgrace of a track surface to be honest
Old 16 Apr 2018, 20:22 (Ref:3816051)   #398
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought Saturday was superb a blast from the past with greasy slippery conditions requiring a true compromised setup. I’ve long since said that the tracks which are tarmac and then dust covered tarmac should have sprinklers on them to create this
The raving on Saturday was superb and mixed everything up. Wouldn’t need the joker lap if they did this
Old 16 Apr 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3816064)   #399
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
All the mud ended up on the tarmac! Cleaned up a bit too quickly on Sunday annoyingly. Nice to have a mixture of days but Saturday was so wet!! 25 euros, 40+ supercars. Can't argue with that!
Some great racing Saturday and lots of mistakes. But was nice to see the cars stretch their legs on Saturday and be able to go a lot harder into corners
Old 17 Apr 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3816180)   #400
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As said above, there was definitely a mixture of conditions. The dirt was incredibly slippy on Saturday and the cars looked a real handful. Once it dried through by late Sunday morning it was swept aside pretty quickly. There was a crosskart race early on Sunday and that was really interesting to watch as you could see the fastest line through the dirt changing on each lap as it rapidly dried out.

Very tough call for the officials concerning the final. Ekstrom was marginally ahead, but I personally think he was too pushy: Solberg had the inside line and was travelling at roughly the same speed, yet Ekstrom put his car inside the white lines, so he must have known that any car inside of him was being forced well over them.

That said, I think it was a poor bit of track design and I am honestly surprised that there wasn't more then one car that collected that tyre barrier given how it jutted out. Solberg was dominant for a large portion of the weekend and he at least deserved a podium, was a real shame to see his weekend end like that. He gave the Polo a damn good thrashing in the final though!

Very impressed with the attention to detail on the Prodrive Megane. They looked very stiff on track, but both made the semi-final stage. I found the new OMSE Fiesta interesting to look at as well, seems a much sleeker design than previous iterations.

Fantastic drive from Nitiss in the European Championship. My first impression was that Marklund was going to be the pace setter again, but Nitiss was great in the wet on Saturday afternoon and again in the dry on Sunday.