Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Oct 2004, 19:06 (Ref:1128646)   #1
Lucylu
Rookie

Lucylu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe

hi guys
Im new here and a marshal from castle combe is anyone else a marshal there?
Lucy
Old 19 Oct 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1128680)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Lucylu.

I'm sure there are CC marshals here but do you think it wise to post the same thread in two forums?

Apart from that, thanks for being out there when us "racers" are trying to do our thang.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 19:48 (Ref:1128694)   #3
sjw75
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
sjw75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucylu, Ive not marshalled there yet but I do plan to visit a few times next year.

See you there !!

Simon

Team circuitmarshal "In-out round and round"
Old 19 Oct 2004, 21:53 (Ref:1128830)   #4
Mr.Orange
Rookie

Mr.Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Castle Combe

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucylu
hi guys
Im new here and a marshal from castle combe is anyone else a marshal there?
Lucy
I've have been to Combe a few times this year!!!
Did you receive a F/F at your post on your first day early in the season??
Old 19 Oct 2004, 22:46 (Ref:1128891)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I intended to make it this year, but it never quite happened - I'll try harder next year. I know b1ackcr0w and G Tanner are regulars.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 23:41 (Ref:1128932)   #6
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Hiya Lucy,

Yep, I started my marshalling life at Combe. It has to be said, you couldn't pick a better place to start, you'll get good experience down there, not to mention you'll get to bump into all sorts of marshals from every area of the sport.

Combe has bucked the national trend of losing marshals because it's got the basics right. It's friendly, it has plenty of varied racing, and doesn't mess about with pandering to race series that should have been killed off many years ago. The consequence is that, whenever there's a race meeting on there, almost all the marshals from a huge radius who are usually at Speed Hillclimb, Rally, Bike Racing, Sprints etc (as well as circuit) know it's worth getting out of bed.

The real icing on the Cake for us Combe Circuit regulars, is that all these various types are always looking for more marshals for various different things. My advice is take advantage of this. From meeting people at Combe, I've had the chance to try my hand at officiating just about everything from International Sportscar racing, through local club rallies (in the snow, ducking behind haybales in Burnham on sea in February!!). Some of it you'll hate, but you'll probably find there's a big wide world of motor-racing that you didn't know existed, and it's desparately needs your help.

Look forward to seeing you in the Tavern soon!
Old 19 Oct 2004, 23:43 (Ref:1128934)   #7
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
By the way, if you bump into Mr.Tanner, you have to salute now because he's turning to the Dark Side. I believe he's having his Anorak fitted any day
Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:59 (Ref:1129220)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Lucy and a huge welcome to Ten-Tenths
Old 20 Oct 2004, 10:06 (Ref:1129234)   #9
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Lucy....no doubt I'll see you next year, I have bumped into Mr + Mrs B1ackcr0w a few times over the years.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 10:35 (Ref:1129276)   #10
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by darcym
Hello Lucy....no doubt I'll see you next year, I have bumped into Mr + Mrs B1ackcr0w a few times over the years.
You've bumped into a few things over the years haven't you Matt?

Sorry mate, I just couldn't resist this reply.
car bank, tyre wall or gravel trap
Old 20 Oct 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1129383)   #11
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a fair reply, and I'd expect nothing less - my first year I visited every marshals post at combe.

Second year good as gold......third year well.....%150 disaster, but apart from Brands hatch none my fault

Nice to see you down there Diz, really nice.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 12:56 (Ref:1129423)   #12
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

If any of you guys marshalled the sprint on Saturday, thanks for turning out in horid weather & I hope you all dried out and warmed up before you caught colds.

Hope the drivers kept you entertained, I tried my hardest falling off near most marshall posts.

Cheers again
Old 20 Oct 2004, 17:50 (Ref:1129756)   #13
F1JordanUk
Racer

England
Stroud, Gloucester, UK
F1JordanUk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Lucy, I Marshal there, are you going to the Marshals super at the end of the month, you never know you may be Marshal of the year!
I've only done Combe, and I love every Minute of it, but don't know if thats normal or that Combe is so great!!
See you there next year (and any others that want to give Combe a twirl!)
Lee
(I'm the one in orange with the Jordan/Damon Hill cap on (not now, when I'm at the track!!))
Old 20 Oct 2004, 20:35 (Ref:1129958)   #14
Lucylu
Rookie

Hi guys
Thanks for all your replies, its good to know there are afew of us out there! I marshal on the startline/pitlane never far from Nicky and Adrian! Been doing it four years now, still havent won the racing school ( Most of mates think Im pretty mad esp when its pooring with rain all day yet that doesnt keep us away does it!!
Old 20 Oct 2004, 20:36 (Ref:1129961)   #15
Lucylu
Rookie

P.s not sure if I am going to the marshalls supper this yet, havnet had any details through - does anyone know anything?
Old 20 Oct 2004, 21:35 (Ref:1130027)   #16
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Lucylu, although my home circuit is Oulton Park I have been to coombe many times.

I agree with B1ackcr0w, Coombe is a brilliant circuit, the racing is always good and the locals are always very friendly.

Hope to see you next year.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 22:27 (Ref:1130114)   #17
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hi i'm a regular combe marshall and have been for the last 3 years i try never to miss a meeting as it is my local track.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 23:29 (Ref:1130167)   #18
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Lucy,

The Marshals Supper is 30th of Oct. If you haven't had an invite by email or post yet then I would get onto Adrian. The Fawdingtons don't often miss anybody out and are pretty efficient on the rare occasions they do. I'm assuming you've got their contact details??

Sadly, we're double booked on that night (Gurston Down's Dinner is the same night, but it'll be the first time in years we've missed it.)

Have fun!
Old 20 Oct 2004, 23:39 (Ref:1130175)   #19
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by darcym
This is true Matt.

Some nasty, uncharitable person has suggested that if we attach sensors to you next season, you could work for Euro NCAP while you're racing

Of course I immediately chastised the bearer of that malignant thought.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 23:41 (Ref:1130177)   #20
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by b1ackcr0w
This is true Matt.

Some nasty, uncharitable person has suggested that if we attach sensors to you next season, you could work for Euro NCAP while you're racing

Of course I immediately chastised the bearer of that malignant thought.
Old 21 Oct 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1130907)   #21
Lucylu
Rookie

thanks blackarrow no I hadnt heard anything yet! dont know how they could miss me!! its a shame tho cos I cant make the 30th either going to see Mary Poppins! Have a good one anyone that is going
Old 25 Nov 2004, 00:04 (Ref:1163357)   #22
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi lucuy ive marshalled at cmbe for my first meet this year and will be back next year do you go out on the bank?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 00:04 (Ref:1163358)   #23
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi lucuy ive marshalled at cmbe for my first meet this year and will be back next year do you go out on the bank?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 17:20 (Ref:1164093)   #24
Lucylu
Rookie

HI vw
Hope you enjoy it! havent been out on the bank before, I usual marshal on the startline/pitlane
Old 25 Nov 2004, 21:35 (Ref:1164326)   #25
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hi lucuy i.m a Combe Marshall have been for last 5 years never miss a meeting. will be back next year as I/O so may catch you around .