Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 May 2009, 03:33 (Ref:2453344)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P1
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 May 2009, 03:53 (Ref:2453346)   #52
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am guessing Craig and SRichards have bolted on the pinks - 1.22.7440 compared with 1.25.247 of GT

Red flag in Practice B - Fiore & Ingall still on the track

edit - just Fiore still not in pits
Old 1 May 2009, 03:59 (Ref:2453347)   #53
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2.5 is a whooper of a gain over each lap. IMO Saturday race start with them bolt on a short stint.
Old 1 May 2009, 04:25 (Ref:2453350)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P2
Old 1 May 2009, 04:42 (Ref:2453357)   #55
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who can stop young Mr Whincup???
Old 1 May 2009, 06:00 (Ref:2453367)   #56
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
i think that is very good by Paul, ease the responsibilities onto him & and it is hard to start your main game career learning the car and series at street circuits with nothing but concret each side of you. having said that though Tim wants to pull his finger out and start finishing races.
They could run Owen in the car during the "co-driver" session for evaluation.

If Owen is more than 0.5 faster on the worse track conditions in the early session, certainly they should consider Slade swapping down to the Fujitsu series for a few races in a similar Supercheap livered VE whilst Owen steers the main game ship temporarily... Slade keep learning the cars, get confidence back by winning races with huge margin, and then jump back into the same/very similar car entered into the main game class and stick it in the top 5.
Old 1 May 2009, 06:15 (Ref:2453375)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P3
Old 1 May 2009, 06:17 (Ref:2453377)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I wonder why Mr Slade and Mr Fiore didnt run in Part C?

Team BOC would have to be concerned at their speed at their test track
Old 1 May 2009, 06:52 (Ref:2453384)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Combined P2 & P3 Here
Old 1 May 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2453426)   #60
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth

surprised they never cover the Holden logo over.
Old 1 May 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2453505)   #61
dip it
Rookie

dip it should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baird P3 quicker than Tander and Davison until new tyres. Another driver that should have full time ride in a good car.
Old 2 May 2009, 05:59 (Ref:2453966)   #62
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can some one tell me why Caruso can give Fabian a tap, takes the place because of the tap, not give the place back and not get a penality?
Old 2 May 2009, 06:25 (Ref:2453970)   #63
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weren't the new rules meant to rid us of this "lap 1 pitstop" rubbish?

Cars on yellow tyres just barging the others out of the way, not what i call good motor racing... but apparently to the masses it is
Old 2 May 2009, 06:42 (Ref:2453975)   #64
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone notice the Marshall car running around sans logos ? rumours are abound that his sponsor was in financial trouble, so maybe the cash hasnt fronted and the stickers have come off?

GTR - what is your intel ?
Old 2 May 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2453985)   #65
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
frosty

YET ANOTHER frosty hero to zero farce.

Just how many poles can this ******** throw away?
Old 2 May 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2453986)   #66
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wood duck. its previous intel. access clash have closed the doors (i dont think they ever opened), happened prior to hamilton
Old 2 May 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2453993)   #67
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
Weren't the new rules meant to rid us of this "lap 1 pitstop" rubbish?

Cars on yellow tyres just barging the others out of the way, not what i call good motor racing... but apparently to the masses it is
New rules still allow lap 1 pit stops - it is the team's choice so always was a chance of this happening at any race. What the new rules did remove is pit stop windows so teams can actually stop whenever they decide is best for them (be that first lap, last lap or any lap in between).

Barging others out of the way not great I agree but then this is Winton and a large amount of that type of action has been pretty common.

There were also a lot of clean, well executed passes (OK, maybe with a bit of rubbing) with the different rubber so for those who consider "racing" to be the same thing as "passing" then I guess it would have looked great.
Old 2 May 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2453994)   #68
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
good run from Rick, McConky & Van Giz, Caruso was going great guns shame his tyres faded, bugger the SC. good fight back from William Davo.

Winterbum blew it IMO. i would love to see outside footage of the incident with GT. GT the poor **** copped it left right and centre.
Old 2 May 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2453995)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R1

Big differences in laptimes!
Old 2 May 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2453998)   #70
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going by lap times these guys would not of used the Option tyre (otherwise they were damn slow (3 sec)

Steven Johnson
Paul Dumbrell
Marcus Marshall
Tim Slade
Jack Perkins
David Reynolds
Greg Murphy
Dale Wood
Old 2 May 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2454008)   #71
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now I may not be the smartest race analyst in the shed but can someone please explain to me how Jamie pits lap 1, has soft tyres on and clean air at the "back" of the field, yet gets hosed by Caruso who stays in the traffic and pits 10 laps later,and ends up in front by a decent margin???
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 2 May 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2454020)   #72
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caruso was hardly in traffic though was he. Like 1 or 2 laps. Then all by himself at the front.

In the meantime Whincup was in traffic as he still had to pass guys who had not pitted. He would of caught some very fast on the soft tyre.

Not that hard really is it
Old 2 May 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2454024)   #73
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Now I may not be the smartest race analyst in the shed but can someone please explain to me how Jamie pits lap 1, has soft tyres on and clean air at the "back" of the field, yet gets hosed by Caruso who stays in the traffic and pits 10 laps later,and ends up in front by a decent margin???
I think Whincup lapped slower and preserved his tyres more than Caruso.
Old 2 May 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2454070)   #74
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tander blasts V8 "Idiots"

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0502-aqqp.html
Old 2 May 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2454101)   #75
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The option tyre seems to give the same effect as the reverse grid.

BUT the others will have the advantage in the second race, so it is fair.

It is a puzzle that 2/3rds used the option, since there are so many it has handed the second race to those who have them saved.

Those who used them and still finished in the midpack or down the pack, have managed to not get any advantage from 'em.