Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3417336)   #76
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I leave the posters in the magazine as I fear it will devalue them if I remove the posters and I have this dream that one day I will sell the entire collection for a fortune. (I have every issue)

Dang you're on to my plan

I find the list of theme songs in the contents page silly and annoying.

Yep

Of course, I would like to see far more coverage of Group C & Group A touring cars...
and yep
Old 30 Sep 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3458792)   #77
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it just me, or is AA being unusually active on its website these days?

Its almost like they have decided to latch onto a very much untapped web presence....

Wonder how long til the print version of the magazine is for the pack?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Sep 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3458794)   #78
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is it just me, or is AA being unusually active on its website these days?

Its almost like they have decided to latch onto a very much untapped web presence....

Wonder how long til the print version of the magazine is for the pack?
Their social media usage has gotten alot more professional lately as well.

For a while there it was like they left it to the bored work experience kid to play with...
Old 30 Sep 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3458840)   #79
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

For a while there it was like they left it to the bored work experience kid to play with...
Yeah, I thought so too.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3458859)   #80
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Their social media usage has gotten alot more professional lately as well.

Perhaps they are trying to out-Speedcafe Speedcafe?

The stories seem short without loads of indepth, certainly with some assumed prior knowledge.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 08:41 (Ref:3490590)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is V8Sleuth trying to become the new SpeedCafeHere
Old 7 Jan 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3490591)   #82
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reads that way.

How long before it gets plastered with ads?
Old 7 Jan 2015, 08:51 (Ref:3490593)   #83
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's currently hosting the Speedcafe Armourall Summer Grill...then he's going to be their opposition ?
Old 7 Jan 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3490780)   #84
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Reads that way.

How long before it gets plastered with ads?
Well you can only work for free for so long. I'm more than happy to pay for quality content or click on ads supporting it.

I like Aaron Noonan. He's developed into a skilled commentator on tv, takes the time to be very knowledgeable and seems to have a passion for the sport.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 21:29 (Ref:3490806)   #85
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the mantra prescribed in that announcement of not just doing pressers and actually in depth stuff is followed through, they'll have my attention.

Is Noonz part of V8TV/Fox/Ch10? He was on Speed wasn't he? If he isn't, it may allow him to not toe the party line and give honest motorsport journalism?
Old 13 Jan 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3492285)   #86
Noonz1
Rookie

Noonz1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting response.
No - not trying to become the new Speedcafe at all.
Website getting a re-design and making a few changes to it graphically that I've wanted to do for a while.
Content will be increased and enhanced.
There no doubt will be ads at some stage - anyone who thinks there can websites of this kind produced without ads is kidding themselves!
Speedcafe Summer Grill a one-off project recorded late last year. Have a great relationship with the team at the Cafe.
TV plans still taking shape.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 02:14 (Ref:3492300)   #87
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Noonz, awesome to see you here from time to time

You're the best.

I think I can speak for most of us here when I say we'd rather have you than at least one of the other talking heads that got the gong on TV!

I reckon you've been under used!
Old 13 Jan 2015, 02:40 (Ref:3492311)   #88
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noonz1, how hard is to be in the same commentary box with Matthew White and not reach across and slap him whenever he opens his mouth ?

In all seriousness though hope to hear / see you back on our screens soon.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 02:47 (Ref:3492316)   #89
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Noonz, awesome to see you here from time to time

You're the best.

I think I can speak for most of us here when I say we'd rather have you than at least one of the other talking heads that got the gong on TV!

I reckon you've been under used!
What he said.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 03:18 (Ref:3492332)   #90
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Noonz1, how hard is to be in the same commentary box with Matthew White and not reach across and slap him whenever he opens his mouth ?

In all seriousness though hope to hear / see you back on our screens soon.
Post of the day, right there!
Old 13 Jan 2015, 06:42 (Ref:3492389)   #91
Umai Naa
Veteran

Good to hear. Thanks for clarifying, Aaron. All the best for this year.
Old 16 Jan 2015, 00:55 (Ref:3493193)   #92
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian Classic Car magazine

Does anyone know if this magazine is still in production?

I stopped buying it when the NRMA bought it, as a mag like this has to be run by Enthusiasts.

I can't see it in several newsagents I havel looked in recently,
Old 18 Jan 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3493950)   #93
prn 31
Racer

prn 31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Does anyone know if this magazine is still in production?

I stopped buying it when the NRMA bought it, as a mag like this has to be run by Enthusiasts.

I can't see it in several newsagents I havel looked in recently,
Australian Classic Car magazine was canned in mid 2014. According to LinkedIn, Editor Tim Robson left NRMA in July 2014 to go freelance.

I was an occasional buyer, but missed the "last" edition, so I don't know the specific details, but I'm guessing that the mag wasn't "paying it's way" and as a non-core part of the NRMA, it would have been a pretty painless decision to stop it.

If it was still run by enhusiasts it may have been a different matter, but life in print media is pretty precarious today...
Old 2 Mar 2015, 21:57 (Ref:3510926)   #94
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So Auto Fiction have changed to Monday each week, this makes no sense at all if it doesn't include the past weekends racing.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 03:05 (Ref:3513132)   #95
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
No Clipsal results this week that I Could find
A completely out of date article about Mr Lowndes yet to re-sign for 888
No memtion at all of Mr Van Gisbergen's landing at 888

Sorry AA, absolutely not good enough!
Old 9 Mar 2015, 03:20 (Ref:3513133)   #96
Umai Naa
Veteran

What's their lead time these days?

Monday release would have to be the dumbest idea out, and worse still, it's now over a week since Clipsal. So by the time Clipsal is reported on, the GP would've just been run and won.

The days of reading about it three-four days later, while it was still relevent, are long gone. Seems to me they've well and truely given up on trying to match the internet, and care very little for their dwindling reader base.

Glad I stopped buying it in the early '00s, when the tabloidism was starting to set in.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 04:21 (Ref:3513137)   #97
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
What's their lead time these days?

Monday release would have to be the dumbest idea out, and worse still, it's now over a week since Clipsal. So by the time Clipsal is reported on, the GP would've just been run and won.

The days of reading about it three-four days later, while it was still relevent, are long gone. Seems to me they've well and truely given up on trying to match the internet, and care very little for their dwindling reader base.

Glad I stopped buying it in the early '00s, when the tabloidism was starting to set in.
It really needs to be published in the week following the races - doesn't matter so much which day although you would have thought Thursday would have been an adequate amount of time. Its not like write-ups are thousands of words like they used to be 20 years ago either.

The same happened to Motorsport News over here in WA. Took so long to get delivered that previews of races landed after they had been run. Which wasn't much good for anyone.

On another note: Does anyone here read Race Magazine? Small(ish) quarterly Australian mag focussing on race cars. Usually a very good read.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 06:15 (Ref:3513144)   #98
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
It really needs to be published in the week following the races - doesn't matter so much which day although you would have thought Thursday would have been an adequate amount of time. Its not like write-ups are thousands of words like they used to be 20 years ago either.

The same happened to Motorsport News over here in WA. Took so long to get delivered that previews of races landed after they had been run. Which wasn't much good for anyone.

On another note: Does anyone here read Race Magazine? Small(ish) quarterly Australian mag focussing on race cars. Usually a very good read.

Old 9 Mar 2015, 06:52 (Ref:3513148)   #99
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Race magazine is a very good read, less news and more technical car stuff covering a variety of categories. I believe it's done by one person with contributors of course so it punches well above it's weight in my eyes.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3513153)   #100
AnEmmoFan
Rookie

AnEmmoFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
No Clipsal results this week that I Could find
A completely out of date article about Mr Lowndes yet to re-sign for 888
No memtion at all of Mr Van Gisbergen's landing at 888

Sorry AA, absolutely not good enough!
Fully agree with GTR on this. Magazine is absolute rubbish, will not be purchasing again