Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jun 2016, 01:17 (Ref:3653683)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[VASC16R14R15] Castrol Edge Townsville 400 SuperStreet:8-10Jul

10 winners from 13 races!

14 drivers have reached a podium this year so far!

Outstanding performance by the field to have such a variety of race winners & podium getters!

Lots of work for teams in the next 3 weeks, less when you exclude travel time. DJRTP has some work to do with both cars, PHR needs to replace almost everything (including the pilot ). PRA smacked 3 of their 4 team cars around... even the brand new #1..

So... who will win in Townsville?

With the up & down results for so many of the guns, the Nissans might be looking strong here. Three of them are competitive at different times.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Jun 2016, 10:53 (Ref:3655743)   #2
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A surprise for Townsville. Or maybe not.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorspo...33f4c50f45de08
Old 29 Jun 2016, 11:17 (Ref:3655746)   #3
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Left of field, but understandable in the circumstances.
Old 29 Jun 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3655843)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
A surprise for Townsville. Or maybe not.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorspo...33f4c50f45de08
Financially driven? Didn't Mr Schwerkolt share that he had access to an 888 chassis if he needed it?

You can't see too many results forthcoming based on this choice..
Old 30 Jun 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3655847)   #5
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Kostecki car is a T8 chassis...
Old 30 Jun 2016, 01:09 (Ref:3655851)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
The Kostecki car is a T8 chassis...
Yes it is, but to borrow it, the driver comes too.. there isn't a load of value for Preston Hire Racing to blood an inexperienced rookie in the main game in Townsville, when he wont be being used by the squad as a pilot in the future...
Old 30 Jun 2016, 01:17 (Ref:3655852)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Yes it is, but to borrow it, the driver comes too.. there isn't a load of value for Preston Hire Racing to blood an inexperienced rookie in the main game in Townsville, when he wont be being used by the squad as a pilot in the future...
wont he?
Old 30 Jun 2016, 01:43 (Ref:3655858)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They should expect some more TV time than they usually get, though.

My understanding was that they had to make a commitment early on as to whether they'd lease and fit-out the unused Triple Eight chassis, or fix the existing one. The repairs have taken longer than first envisaged, resulting in the necessity to borrow a car that could be turned around inna much tighter timeframe.

There is also the implaction of how much solo seat time Mr Reindler will be granted by VASC, should Mr Holdsworth's recovery take longer than expected. If he's not fit by Sandown, then I suspect Mr Kostecki will be utilised again.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 07:48 (Ref:3657030)   #9
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Coulthard goes Pink

The model car company must be loving this.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 08:08 (Ref:3657034)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

Another knife in Mr Pye, considering they're one of his personal backers?
Old 6 Jul 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3657183)   #11
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Another knife in Mr Pye, considering they're one of his personal backers?
Its gotta hurt..... !!!!!!
Old 6 Jul 2016, 02:17 (Ref:3657189)   #12
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
weather so good up here. up the Mighty Cowboys! (2nd team)
Old 6 Jul 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3657369)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Nissan and Melbourne City announce partnership
Old 7 Jul 2016, 10:19 (Ref:3657465)   #14
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who is sponsoring LDM???????????
Old 9 Jul 2016, 05:45 (Ref:3657748)   #15
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Murfs race suit looks a little tight these days.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 06:27 (Ref:3657750)   #16
Umai Naa
Veteran

#222 appears to be running Plus Fitness branding.

Old 9 Jul 2016, 06:42 (Ref:3657751)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
#222 appears to be running Plus Fitness branding.

Story Here

Hence the question about the number of cars...

The Original Story
Old 9 Jul 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3657761)   #18
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quiet funny to see Roland having a whinge about blue flags , he should know that flaggies are not allowed to use the blue flag unless directed by race control.

Waffle crompton should even know that as well
Old 9 Jul 2016, 09:25 (Ref:3657772)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Quiet funny to see Roland having a whinge about blue flags , he should know that flaggies are not allowed to use the blue flag unless directed by race control.

Waffle crompton should even know that as well
True, but there was some mention of the direction popping up on the race channel.. Perhaps the communication was delayed, or the commentary was delayed such that the timings didn't work as the teev made them appear
Old 9 Jul 2016, 10:06 (Ref:3657776)   #20
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the end of the race was ruined for Winterbottom by the lapped cars being in the way.

I believe they should adopt the NASCAR practice of letting the leading lapped cars go past the safety car so they do not impede the leaders. We could learn a lot from NASCAR on things like this.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3657777)   #21
Umai Naa
Veteran

Agreed. It wouldn't have changed the result for Pither, Blanchard, etc.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 10:54 (Ref:3657782)   #22
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
True, but there was some mention of the direction popping up on the race channel.. Perhaps the communication was delayed, or the commentary was delayed such that the timings didn't work as the teev made them appear
That plausable, but for the umpteen years, we have not waved a blue unless Comondant Tim approve such action, Roland and Waffle have been around for a tadd longer ,

they way it comes across, is flaggies aren't doing their thing, all waffle had to was explain it.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3657783)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
That plausable, but for the umpteen years, we have not waved a blue unless Comondant Tim approve such action, Roland and Waffle have been around for a tadd longer ,

they way it comes across, is flaggies aren't doing their thing, all waffle had to was explain it.
I hear you..
Old 9 Jul 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3657834)   #24
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I think the end of the race was ruined for Winterbottom by the lapped cars being in the way.

I believe they should adopt the NASCAR practice of letting the leading lapped cars go past the safety car so they do not impede the leaders. We could learn a lot from NASCAR on things like this.
Whincup had to battle past the backmarkers before the safety car, why should the likes of Winterbottom get a free pass past the backmarkers after the Safety Car??
Old 9 Jul 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3657888)   #25
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"You heard him say on the radio, 'I'm in pit lane'. That's code, to tell his team that he's in pit lane".

I also noticed that on more than one occasion during the broadcast, the commentary team referenced Erebus as being a single car team.

On a slightly related note, there has been a few stories run regarding Todd Kelly making race start number 500 this weekend....but my records show 505. Can someone run their eyes over this and tell me where I might be wrong? Or is it the 'official' records that are out?

http://racing-reference.info/rquery?...k=t0&series=V8