Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jun 2017, 00:43 (Ref:3738034)   #76
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've lived with the guilt for two days Simon. Its been hard to sleep.
#HardenUp
Old 4 Jun 2017, 12:27 (Ref:3738555)   #77
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Yokohama had issues at the WTCC 'Ring round - stories here:
Yvan Muller says teams must take responsibility
Yokohama similar comments to Dunlop
Just goes to show all the Dunlop knockers that it ain't as simple as some make it out to be and with issues for other tyre suppliers in other series, this type of tough weekend does unfortunately happen from time to time.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 04:46 (Ref:3740402)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Supercar Says Tyres OK for Bathurst

- No tyre test at Bathurst (or anywhere...)
- No change to tyre construction
- Dunlop to determine min/max adjustment settings

If you didn't know any better, you might wonder if this is designed to use up existing tyre stocks
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Jul 2017, 13:50 (Ref:3748113)   #79
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dunlop To Revert To 2016 Hards For Bathurst & Pukekohe

Are there enough of them around? Or are the Dunlop series switching to the '17 spec?
Old 1 Jul 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3748115)   #80
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Dunlop To Revert To 2016 Hards For Bathurst & Pukekohe

Are there enough of them around? Or are the Dunlop series switching to the '17 spec?
It says the factory are producing 2200 for Bathurst and Puke.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 10:30 (Ref:3760721)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Phillip Island Tyre Test Is On

Arguably the tyre test Dunlop should have had BEFORE running the super soft tyres this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article, Attributed to Rick Kelly
Kelly has bristled at suggestions that the failures are the fault of the teams, quipping that his Sunday failure was “number seven for our car this year and number 368 for the category”.
Are there kerbs at Phillip Island that the cars can purposely aim for the back of in an attempt to cause a real-world case failure (or falling off the bead as Dunlop suggests)?

Will Phillip Island cause mega blow outs at this time of year based on build up of temperature, both ambient and track?
Old 21 Aug 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3760727)   #82
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't imagine the cars will be running over the backs of the kerbs, and bouncing off eachother causing debris, as per the PI event earlier this year.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3760728)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
At least they are testing a Holden (GRM, Tander), Nissan (NisMo, Caruso) and Ford (DJRTP, McLaughlin)
Old 3 Sep 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3763977)   #84
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Testing This Week
Old 4 Sep 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3764407)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Testing Done
Old 4 Sep 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3764409)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
More Here

I notice no driver comments in either article..
Old 5 Sep 2017, 00:08 (Ref:3764589)   #87
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I notice no driver comments in either article..
No expectation of driver comments, same as we don't see driver comment on detail of different components and settings the teams test. Most you'd expect would be a bit of a "we had a good test, got plenty of runs in, gave good info on the tyres to VASA/Dunlop" - nothing more than has been said by others in the linked article really.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 01:28 (Ref:3764602)   #88
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
No expectation of driver comments, same as we don't see driver comment on detail of different components and settings the teams test. Most you'd expect would be a bit of a "we had a good test, got plenty of runs in, gave good info on the tyres to VASA/Dunlop" - nothing more than has been said by others in the linked article really.
The Nissan mob were mightily grumpy in their explanation of tyre blow out causes. You might have thought some kind of comment woukd show up..
Old 5 Sep 2017, 01:42 (Ref:3764608)   #89
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The Nissan mob were mightily grumpy in their explanation of tyre blow out causes. You might have thought some kind of comment woukd show up..
maybe they are not allowed, they were there on the request of Dunlop and my have been asked to be quiet at this stage.

It is afterall a test
Old 5 Sep 2017, 03:34 (Ref:3764628)   #90
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
maybe they are not allowed, they were there on the request of Dunlop and my have been asked to be quiet at this stage.

It is afterall a test
I think that pecky is likely right. I now that for these kind of tests Supercar download and wipe the data so that teams gain no benefit compared to other teams and I'd imagine there are confidentiality requirements as well.

Understand that the Nissan mob were grumpy GTR but sometimes it's easier to be grumpy than to be honest with yourself - no doubt they'll be making some changes to the way they set their cars up going forward.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3764808)   #91
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly off topic, was there a reason for designating the compounds as soft and super soft rather than just hard and soft?
Old 5 Sep 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3764817)   #92
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Slightly off topic, was there a reason for designating the compounds as soft and super soft rather than just hard and soft?
The hard tyre already exists - this testing was for variations on the soft tyre for next year.