Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Apr 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1268259)   #1
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2006 Australian GT Championship (amongst other things GT)

To keep the subject topical, we should follow the British series, which starts this weekend at Donington.

This can work here, if only we can put it all together......

www.britishgt.com

Donington this weekend. Simonsen fastest in GT3 practice, but slipped up in qual to be only 4th...yet less than 2 tenths behind class pole.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1268263)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The British GT series seems to work well enough, it seems to have more than a few patrons running in it, either as car owners or indeed driving staff....

The important subject for this discussion may be how something similar could be replicated here... could we see the likes of a Mosler and a Saleen and a gaggle of Porsches fighting a stable of Ferraris?

What does this series have that previous attempts here not have....

Answers on a postcard, or in this thread would be nicer
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Apr 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1268271)   #3
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How do I set threads I've posted on to "do not subscribe" as default?
Old 2 Apr 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1268276)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Top LHS of the 10/10ths screen there is a "My CP" option... click this... which will take you to your Control Panel... click then on "Edit Options" then go to the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section, and turn the subscription default off
Old 3 Apr 2005, 00:03 (Ref:1268282)   #5
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Ta.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 01:18 (Ref:1268308)   #6
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
So, for the record, as of this week, there are now 5 360GT in Aus.

One will race very soon in the VIC and some NSW state rounds, one is running at Club days, but will not race, Algadries is still in bits... and there are 2 cars sitting on the ground next to the 550GTS... ready to race and for sale.

One of the sale cars is the Lead Veloqx car , fully developed with sequential and all the toys, and in raceable condition, but scruffy, and the other is fully refreshed ACEMCO F1 shifter, in as new condition.

There are also still 9 360C around, although I doubt at least 3 of these will race again... but you never know.

Also, with Porsche Cup going to all new cars for next year, we are about to be flooded with used Cup Cars at a dime a dozen.... so it HAS to be easy to at least set up a Maranello/Stuttgart challenge.

Throw in the Mazza Trofeos... 3 in Aus, and the std GT3 cars and there is a grid there for sure.........

All we need is a loaded M/sport fan with cash, time and knowledge to pour into it... and it'll fly!!

Yes...??

Not yet I think. But if some punters will get into the cars and run them in the state rounds for a year first, then I think momentum will re-build for a 2006/7 GT series.....
Old 3 Apr 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1268309)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is the ACEMCO car here in Australia?? They had for sale didnt that, a 360C and a 360GT... they wanted a small fortume (like US$450k for the cheaper one...)

I noticed Mr Wilson's 360 Challenge was "sold" on the DuttonCars website... any idea of the new owner... ans/or his intentions?

It seems a big shame to have so many cars, so much money tied up in these beautiful machines, and they may not see a national series round again!

The bum is already falling out of the Carrera Cup secondary market... the same of Mr Thexton's GT3CC to restauranteur Mr Greg Doyle for allegedly around the $150k mark has seen the prices in the trade publications drop significantly in recent weeks... tearing up to $50k of value from these cars.... they are eligible in CC for 2006 (well the 2003/4 models are anyway) the rest are consigned to a museum
Old 3 Apr 2005, 02:14 (Ref:1268321)   #8
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Yes. Both of the ACEMCO cars are here. One is sold and tests next week ready for Sandown Vic state race. They are both like new, and are the first official Ferrari badged GT cars to enter Aus, rather than Michelotto converted challenge cars. They are still built by Michelotto though, just from all new parts.

There are a number of really nice features for the Ferrari officianado's to drool over, but would be wasted on most people.

To be honest, they're too good to sprint race!!

They are in ACO spec too... which is flat floor with small F+R splitter diffusers and side skirts and smallish wing, rather than road car floors, open skirts and big wings.

The Wilson 360C is sold to a Malaysian guy through Galleria Veloce in Sydney, and once it's troubles are finally fixed (!) by them, it goes OS to him.

Last edited by ff s conscience; 3 Apr 2005 at 02:14.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 02:18 (Ref:1268324)   #9
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just seen http://www.intermarque.net then link to competitors. Does anyone know about this. What is happening?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 04:39 (Ref:1268346)   #10
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
slightly O/T,Wade Aunger has just said on trackside "Alan Simonsen has stepped up to V8 utes after some sportscar drives"

Step up?

Last edited by emjaya; 3 Apr 2005 at 04:42.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 04:51 (Ref:1268349)   #11
iconic
Racer

iconic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha it was a subtle joke, i laughed at it
Old 3 Apr 2005, 06:31 (Ref:1268438)   #12
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"..............There are a number of really nice features for the Ferrari officianado's to drool over, but would be wasted on most people............."

Interesting statement, like what
Old 3 Apr 2005, 06:37 (Ref:1268443)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaya
slightly O/T,Wade Aunger has just said on trackside "Alan Simonsen has stepped up to V8 utes after some sportscar drives"

Step up?
A Ute has a much higher ground clearance than a 550 Ferrari... technically he would be "stepping up", as opposed to "slipping into"...
Old 3 Apr 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1268476)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience
To be honest, they're too good to sprint race!!
And there is one of the reasons i think Nations Cup failed to get a grid (leaving aside the Monaro). Who wants to sprint race these types of cars?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1268506)   #15
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
They're just loaded with really nice details, from the individual specially designed, GT specific chassis number stamping, to the "serves no purpose" steering wheel badge etc etc.

And yes, the lack of decent race distance was a factor for many, although I still think refuelling would drive equip/crew and other related costs too high for some.

2x 15/20 minute followed by a showcase 60 minute race would be just right for everyone.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1268507)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience
2x 15/20 minute followed by a showcase 60 minute race would be just right for everyone.
Can a 360GT last an hour on the size of its fuel tank? The Monaro would be struggling I would have thought...
Old 3 Apr 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1268570)   #17
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Damn those flippin' moderators.

This is an Australian topic.. Do you not know what the T in GT stands for.....???

This is of more interest and benefit to the Australian touring cars scene, not generic GT stuff.,

Anyway, yes, the 360 can run about 65-75 minutes on it's 100 litres.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1268586)   #18
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Cheers FF, here I was thinking they had some hidden trick engineering and it just badges, oh well.
As for the Mods
Old 3 Apr 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1268588)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Sadly I cant move it back (its not in my weird and mystical powers)
Old 3 Apr 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1268590)   #20
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
yeah... because normally I'd post on here all the engineering secrets and tricks..... NOT!!

Just kidding... these latest ACEMCO cars have come from the good ol' U S of A... and what would they know about making a fast car...other than dropping in some cubes.....

(stand back, cup of tea, flame suit zipped up tight..)

Last edited by ff s conscience; 3 Apr 2005 at 12:05.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1268591)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
GTR Magic, do you wanna this thread back to Australian Touring Cars ?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1268593)   #22
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In the Aussie Tourers part, their talking about Nascar. How come we cant talk about Australian GT racing.

I am a fan of the longer races. FF' format or 1 x 30 mins + 1 x 60 min race would do me fine.

Other vehicles in Aus
Wagg 911, Hills 911, PHR 911 ??, Russel Viper, Crick Viper, Rusty French Vipers. Thats all I can think of for the moment.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1268597)   #23
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
DRT: obviously the mod doesn't like the GT cars, yet discussions about sprintcars are OK.

FF: LOL
Old 3 Apr 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1268599)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
GTR Magic, do you wanna this thread back to Australian Touring Cars ?
Yes please Fab

Thank you.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1268604)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Back to where it belongs