Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Jul 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3106392)   #76
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The speed difference isn't enough though. I've seen a race with a small sportscar mixing it with a Mosler (close to V de V and GT3 machinery respectively) and they were very evenly matched overall, but very quick on completely different parts of the circuit, for obvious reasons.

Nice idea though, to have them together. I'd personally go for GT4 and CN prototypes. The globe has enough GT3 series already!
On the small danish tracks, the Aquila CR1 is faster than a Porsche GT3. But on bigger tracks with longer straights, i feel it will be different.

GT4 and CN sounds good to me too.
Both series which are "close" to the everyday mans car. (closer than LMP2/FLM and GT3)
Old 14 Jul 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3106404)   #77
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The Aquila with the Chevy V8 is a real weapon. 600bhp, <1000kg... GT3s didn't stand a chance against it in the 24hours at Silverstone.... at least until the engine grenaded.

The 24 hours of Zolder will have GT3s (from WRT and MvdS) and CNs this year. I guess that will answer our questions. We'll have to wait another 7 weeks for that, though. (And I still don't think it's a good idea).
Old 14 Jul 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3106406)   #78
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The Aquila with the Chevy V8 is a real weapon. 600bhp, <1000kg... GT3s didn't stand a chance against it in the 24hours at Silverstone.... at least until the engine grenaded.

The 24 hours of Zolder will have GT3s (from WRT and MvdS) and CNs this year. I guess that will answer our questions. We'll have to wait another 7 weeks for that, though. (And I still don't think it's a good idea).
An awesome car yes! .
But even with the smaller BMW M3 engine, it's faster! (as long as it lasts)
Old 14 Jul 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3106410)   #79
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zolder 24h, that cursed thing is still alive? It's gone worse every year, both from the racing side of things as well as trackside... if they have even 20 cars entered for the full distance I'd be shocked, even DSC isn't there to "help" them this year (I think)
Old 14 Jul 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3106414)   #80
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Zolder 24h, that cursed thing is still alive? It's gone worse every year, both from the racing side of things as well as trackside... if they have even 20 cars entered for the full distance I'd be shocked, even DSC isn't there to "help" them this year (I think)
Entry list is suppossed to come out tomorrow, actually. Promoters talking about 40 cars a bit ago... but they always did that in recent years.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3106438)   #81
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I was thinking the same thing... Belcars officially died this season, so I figured Zolder went with it too.

What a interesting race Zolder use to be, before SRO screwed it up!
Old 14 Jul 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3106442)   #82
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
I was thinking the same thing... Belcars officially died this season, so I figured Zolder went with it too.

What a interesting race Zolder use to be, before SRO screwed it up!
Belcar was rescued at the last minute and reborn as BRCC. With management from Kronos they actually might turn things around, but right now they are a long way away from getting back to where they once were.

Either way, Zolder 24 hasn't been part of Belcar since 2010 - and that's also why they can bring in the CNs. Trouble is, Belgian Special Open Trophy, who will bring the CNs might also bring some Westfields and other Lotus 7 clones, and I am not sure how I feel about having those in the field.

Let's see what the entry list looks like, I am actually kinda tempted to go this year.
Old 15 Jul 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3106746)   #83
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds interesting.

I hope they can pull a decent number of entries.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3109440)   #84
Speed-King
Veteran

So with ELMS cancelled, what's going to happen with the remaining Speed Euro Series races this season?
Old 21 Jul 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3109489)   #85
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the only saving grace for the 24 Hours of Zolder is the introduction of CN cars, eh?
Old 21 Jul 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3109496)   #86
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I guess the only saving grace for the 24 Hours of Zolder is the introduction of CN cars, eh?
Well, WRT and Marc VdS signed up a while ago already, and at least VdS with two cars - so quality wasn't going to be an issue either way, but I guess the CNs will make up the numbers quite nicely.

BTW, in contrast to what I wrote above Westfields and other Lotus 7 clones won't be allowed.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3127758)   #87
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yet another abomination in the cn category

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-12875.html

is oreca the only manfacturer who can build a good looking cn coupe?
Old 31 Aug 2012, 06:34 (Ref:3127759)   #88
Speed-King
Veteran

Ouch... Penned by an alumnus of the Daytona School of Design, methinks.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 06:40 (Ref:3127760)   #89
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!

It's nice to see the Ford Model T making it's racing return.

Bluuueeeeerrrrgggghhh.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 06:42 (Ref:3127762)   #90
lms
Veteran

Quote:
Ouch... Penned by an alumnus of the Daytona School of Design, methinks.
speaking of daytona...

http://www.speedeuroseries.com/2012/...with-grand-am/
Old 31 Aug 2012, 10:15 (Ref:3127812)   #91
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post

Bluuueeeeerrrrgggghhh.
Just leave those Model Ts to custom hotrodding! Still, it looks horrible!

Speaking of which, I wonder when will Grand-Am adapt CN cars?
Old 31 Aug 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3127821)   #92
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Speaking of which, I wonder when will Grand-Am adapt CN cars?
In Rolex series: Never.

As a support series: Who knows?

But with the nosedive they've recently taken with the B-spec car support series, I supposse it'll be a while until they look into another new project.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3127889)   #93
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
In Rolex series: Never.

As a support series: Who knows?

But with the nosedive they've recently taken with the B-spec car support series, I supposse it'll be a while until they look into another new project.
Then why? Are they saying that they're "too slow" compared to DPs?
Old 31 Aug 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3127893)   #94
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post

Bluuueeeeerrrrgggghhh.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3127894)   #95
Speed-King
Veteran

Eh, more like "too fast"...

But the question really is: Why should they?
Old 31 Aug 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3127946)   #96
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, come on, this thing is cute! Looks a bit like those odd-ball C2 cars from the mid-80s.

I like it.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3127962)   #97
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I didn't know Zulltec was still running.
Their LMP2 didn't look bad.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3160957)   #98
Speed-King
Veteran

According to VdeV head honcho Eric Van de Vyver Oreca have pushed back their CN program by a year.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-14276.html

(4th paragraph)
Old 19 Oct 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3319733)   #99
lms
Veteran

the frickin hideous dayto i mean zulltec cn
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/exc...pris-la-piste/

what on earth happened to the oreca coupe??
Old 19 Oct 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3319734)   #100
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
the frickin hideous dayto i mean zulltec cn
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/exc...pris-la-piste/
That's far worse than Daytona Prototype-ugly. That's ugly on the level of THIS thing. (warning: shield your eyes)