Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1710300)   #1
LiveandLetDrive
Rookie

LiveandLetDrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where to find detailed stats for Monza?

Hi, I'm doing a homework assignment (Auto. Powerplants class) and it would be really helpful to know when everyone pitted, what the top trap speeds were for each driver, lap-by-lap times, top RPMs, even how much fuel they took on (if possible). I got everything SPEED channel put on the screen for more than half a second, but more info would greatly help me make informed statements. I'm sure some of you keep track of things in this kind of neurotic detail Know any good sites?

Please let me know, thanks,
Chris
Old 14 Sep 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1710329)   #2
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You want the results archive on F1.com

http://www.formula1.com/archive/grandprix/2006/765.html

The Live Timing Archive button should have most of the info you want. Forix is another good data source too.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1710410)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport/Atlas is good too, but like Forix you have to subscribe. That'll do every lap time, gaps and give top speeds.

I don't know where you can get top rpm - they aren't a direct measurement anyway just measured from the sound, although apparently that is quite good (?).
How much fuel they took on is only accurately known by the teams. It dictates the length of the stop, but so does how quickly you can get the hose in and out (amongst other things).

Good luck. What are you trying to research into?
Old 14 Sep 2006, 19:07 (Ref:1710415)   #4
LiveandLetDrive
Rookie

Thanks, I can't access much of anything on FORIX but the f1 official site had almost everything. The only thing missing is how much fuel added at each stop but that's probably not kept track of.

-Chris
Old 14 Sep 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1710438)   #5
LiveandLetDrive
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Autosport/Atlas is good too, but like Forix you have to subscribe. That'll do every lap time, gaps and give top speeds.

I don't know where you can get top rpm - they aren't a direct measurement anyway just measured from the sound, although apparently that is quite good (?).
How much fuel they took on is only accurately known by the teams. It dictates the length of the stop, but so does how quickly you can get the hose in and out (amongst other things).

Good luck. What are you trying to research into?

Thanks for the info. We are supposed to compare the teams based on fuel economy (Ferrari (Schumacher) is looking like 3mpg (70L/100km) between stops 1 and 2), bmep, efficiencies, and power. Due to the scarceness of data we're mostly fumbling in the dark. SPEED channel put up the top speeds for about 3 seconds at the end... I'm an F1 fan, I feel sorry for the NASCAR types and others who aren't familiar with the series or the resources available. (Given an active forum, you can find anything!)

-Chris
Old 14 Sep 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1710468)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Without very detailed information (gear ratios, drag coefficients, etc...) it is very hard to do anything but fumble. However that doesn't mean trends can't be seen and things can't be learnt. All the teams must do similar things to judge their competitors - but they have the advantage of knowing of what order all the assumptions must be! And can test their theories on known data - themselves.