Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Nov 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3689702)   #176
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the buzz on the SuperGT integration is to reduce costs ( build more units per car ) and bring more manufacturers.

All the drivers are paid, but I don't expect anybody have more than 250k per year. Most of them are pleased to race without having to pay.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 13:14 (Ref:3690204)   #177
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Here's a left field suggestion: bin Class 1 and switch the DTM to GT3 regulations.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 14:11 (Ref:3690216)   #178
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
No. DTM is "touring cars." If you adopt GT3 regulations then it's just another GT3 championship, and identical to the GT Masters series.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3690219)   #179
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It already runs coupés.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3690222)   #180
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Coupes can be touring cars.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 15:34 (Ref:3690239)   #181
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yes, but it begins to blur the lines. An 18-car grid is on the thin side, and being so reliant on three manufacturers, one of which is heavily cutting back its motorsport spending, makes me nervous. If any one of the three pulled out (without being replaced) the series would collapse. I suppose that's what Class 1 is supposed to protect against.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3690291)   #182
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Yes, but it begins to blur the lines. An 18-car grid is on the thin side, and being so reliant on three manufacturers, one of which is heavily cutting back its motorsport spending, makes me nervous. If any one of the three pulled out (without being replaced) the series would collapse. I suppose that's what Class 1 is supposed to protect against.
To be honest, at this point I would welcome a collapse. It's just become so stale...
Old 25 Nov 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3690989)   #183
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Maybe it would be good if DTM and WTCC collapse.
Look at current BTCC, why can't DTM and WTCC do this?
Old 25 Nov 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3690990)   #184
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Actual cars used to be around €750k under the last ruleset, supposedly cheaper now, but of course that's just the cost of building them, not for development.

I don't think running them is more expensive than running an LMP2 or a GT3 - why would it be?
If running costs are not much different with GT3 I am wondering why sponsors like Kfzteile24 and Montaplast are in GT Masters and not DTM.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3691868)   #185
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
If DTM switched to GT3, casual fans wouldn't notice and diehard fans would cherish the end of spec chassis.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 21:30 (Ref:3691885)   #186
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
If DTM switched to GT3, casual fans wouldn't notice and diehard fans would cherish the end of spec chassis.

Germany has a great GT3 series in ADAC GT Masters. People tune into DTM for touring car racing.

Touring cars have always meant to be different, as a GT fan mainly I enjoy watching BTCC very much for its more rough and tumble nature. I'd say that's where WTCC and DTM has lost its way a little, one touch and these cars are out of the race.

I'd like to see a little body bashing. Nothing overly intentional, but knowing you can learn on each other a little allows people to race closer and a little rougher.

To me that's what touring cars should be, and I think BTCC do that really were. Close, hard, sometimes slightly brutish racing. It's good fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 Nov 2016, 22:30 (Ref:3691904)   #187
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few days ago, Audi announced their drivers for the upcoming test:
http://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/d...ine-up-853639/

Loic Duval, Nick de Vries, Kelvin van der Linde, and Dion von Moltke.
Decent line-up.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3691911)   #188
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Germany has a great GT3 series in ADAC GT Masters. People tune into DTM for touring car racing.

Touring cars have always meant to be different, as a GT fan mainly I enjoy watching BTCC very much for its more rough and tumble nature. I'd say that's where WTCC and DTM has lost its way a little, one touch and these cars are out of the race.

I'd like to see a little body bashing. Nothing overly intentional, but knowing you can learn on each other a little allows people to race closer and a little rougher.

To me that's what touring cars should be, and I think BTCC do that really were. Close, hard, sometimes slightly brutish racing. It's good fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, DTM turned too much towards silhouette-overly-technological something and despite the fact I really like this series, I don't find this good. DTM should be again touring car. I wouldn't want to see DTM with TCR or NGTC cars, DTM should remain DTM, but with less aerodynamics, less downforce, no DRS. When these cars bump into each other (it happens very often) small pieces float in the air like hell. It shouldn't be like that in touring cars.

And when it comes to last part of your post. Yes, I agree, BTCC is fun to watch, but for me it's Aussie Supercars which is the best touring cars in a pure meaning of this term. Exciting, aggressive, unpredictable, but still very powerful, fast and loud.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 03:54 (Ref:3691944)   #189
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is interesting to note that both series of class 1 rules, have to change GT3 rumors. In the supergt it talks about a super GT3 with more power.
In my point of view maybe they should choose GTE rules, GT3 is for customer programs and GTE is for factory effort, closer than to DTM and SuperGt philosophy and with the chance to take part in Le Mans.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 14:09 (Ref:3692079)   #190
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
GT3 is just as fast as GTE for way less money.

Going the GTE route would be silly.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3692147)   #191
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
GT3 is just as fast as GTE for way less money.

Going the GTE route would be silly.
GTE is the GT Racing plattform for the manufacturer, GT3 is for the Customer Teams.
GT3's are great cars but you can't compare it to a GTE. yes on some tracks the GT3 is faster but thats just of the BoP, let the GTE race without any restrictors and it will be faster than his more civilized GT3 Sister. considering that a 458 GTE is doing almost the same laptimes with 100hp less than the GT3! The GT3 was made for Gent Racers versus the GTE is a real PRO Car.
In addition you should keep in mind that the power of the GTE will increase by 100 HP in 2018, and of course with the emergence of the new mid-engine cars the evolution of the chassis and aerodynamics will be very important also in the next years
Old 12 Dec 2016, 16:41 (Ref:3695546)   #192
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Loic Duval andf Renés Rast will drive for Audi.

Molina and Tambay are out.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 19:31 (Ref:3695595)   #193
Tobse998
Rookie

Germany
Tobse998 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello guys,

I just finished my DTM 2016 highlights video, have fun watching it

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzf...LQ1cmHxw3qpmSw
Old 15 Dec 2016, 07:35 (Ref:3696337)   #194
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When BMW joined I read on Motorsport Total (me thinks?!) that drivers wages sky rocketted. There was no numbers, but Spengler, Tomczyk, Timo Glock, Mercedes talking to Scheider, Jamie Green swapping seats with Audi was mentioned as being high earners. As far as I understood they were close to seven digit numbers.... Off topic sorry. So, we are really waiting for that one seat to be confirmed by HWA Merc than, and teams Audi Sport will work with in 2017.
Old 22 Dec 2016, 15:58 (Ref:3697922)   #195
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rumor by German magazine Motorsport-Total sees a change in DTM leadership that could affect the Super GT relationship. Gerhard Berger could replace Hans-Werner Aufrecht.
Old 22 Dec 2016, 19:37 (Ref:3697964)   #196
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Berger killed the non-FIA F3 champioships, am I right?
So ITM should be thankful for him, I guess.
Old 26 Dec 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3698515)   #197
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Old 7 Mar 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3716993)   #198
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New RS5 DTM
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2017/...dtm-at-geneva/