Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:37 (Ref:860590)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mika still having fun

Mika Hakkinen entered the Artic Lapland rally again. This time he came 7th! http://www.lapdatasystem.com/tun04/html/nw_loppu.htm

Here is the general site's pictures.
http://www.arcticrally.fi/galleria/2...a.php?lang=eng

Mika looks cold! http://www.arcticrally.fi/galleria/2...img/1mika9.jpg

Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:39 (Ref:860594)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a little interesting remark, which means nothing really. Last year he was in a Mitsubishi, which is part owned by DaimlerChrysler (just increased to over 60%) and this year he was in Toyota.

I think a clear sign that Panis' seat is in danger and not by Ralf!

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Feb 2004 at 20:39.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:43 (Ref:860605)   #3
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha that would be a nice comeback!
Old 2 Feb 2004, 21:58 (Ref:860707)   #4
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that Adam! Great to see Mika enjoying himself and doing well at it too.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 3 Feb 2004, 01:24 (Ref:860898)   #5
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He looks well and that rally certainly seems to be a great challenge. Thanks Adam.

Now, I wonder!! MS spends a lot of his time in Norway, wintering his time away. Do you think that they might both possibly be challenging for this title in a few years time?

I do hope so - they might even partner each other - who knows.

My money is on Mika/Michael or Michael/Mika for 2007/8.

What do you think?
Old 3 Feb 2004, 02:12 (Ref:860936)   #6
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Pitstop

What do you think?
As teammates, who would be the one to read the pace notes? Or would they trade off? They could also race Valentino Rossi by then, not sure about his teammate yet, but they will run some sort of Honda, with Mick Doohan running the show.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 05:18 (Ref:861045)   #7
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Pitstop
He looks well and that rally certainly seems to be a great challenge. Thanks Adam.

Now, I wonder!! MS spends a lot of his time in Norway, wintering his time away. Do you think that they might both possibly be challenging for this title in a few years time?

I do hope so - they might even partner each other - who knows.

What do you think?
I think Michael would think it's too dangerous. And I think it's wonderful Mika is back behind the wheel! I miss him!
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 3 Feb 2004, 08:32 (Ref:861140)   #8
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the reason Mika was in a Mitsubishi last year was as much to do with Kristian Sohlberg, his team mate, who is the brother of Mika Sohlberg, who is a very old pal of Mika's and whose father helped Hakkinen when he was starting out in racing.

Great to see the Flying Finn in action again - FLAT OUT!
Old 3 Feb 2004, 09:37 (Ref:861179)   #9
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being a totally biased fan of Mika's I'm proud of him and I think he's done a great job. This was only his second rally and he's done really well. The ALR is not for the faint-hearted by the way; this is a tough rally!
Old 3 Feb 2004, 19:30 (Ref:861705)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, well done Mika.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 00:47 (Ref:862102)   #11
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Suzy
Being a totally biased fan of Mika's I'm proud of him and I think he's done a great job. This was only his second rally and he's done really well. The ALR is not for the faint-hearted by the way; this is a tough rally!
Any Rally in Finland is a tough one for sure. The spiritual home of Rallying is in Finland. As my brother says of Mika's participation, "He's a Finlander, it's in his blood. It's unavoidable!"
Keep rolling Mika!
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 4 Feb 2004, 01:56 (Ref:862149)   #12
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of years and he'll get the racing bug back. He'll be in some european sports cars series racing Villeneuve, Verstappen, Alesi, Prost, Damon and all the other has beens.
30 or so years and the'll be racing each other in electric wheelchairs around the f1 drivers nursing home.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 02:00 (Ref:862152)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think Mika or Damon will ever seriously race again. Both have said they don't want to. This was just bit of fun.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 04:45 (Ref:862230)   #14
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YAY Mika!

great to see him back - would like to see the rally though