Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1934985)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I read in Brundles 'Sunday Times' column on Sunday that Nico Rosberg's name has been touted as a possible by Ferrari. Surely not next year though?

Also read (pre sunday's accident in Montreal) that Glock and Sutil are being looked at by Toyota. In Glock's case that's surely assuming BMW don't use him themselves?

If Kubica's not fit and Glock gets the Indy drive and does a stellar job, I doubt he'll be going anywhere!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 14:50 (Ref:1935120)   #52
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
read in M eNews that Liuzzi could be apoosible replacement for Ralf at seasons end with Montagny filling in till then.

also in the same thing i read Williams is un happy with Wurz and his resaults (until now they might have a different opinion now) and are looking at Bourdais for a possible replacement, so i would say Bourdais is gaurenteed a drive in 08 as if Liuzzi goes to Toyota he will slot in their or he could slot in at Williams if they decide to drop Wurz.

also from M eNews Renault want to drop Kovalainen but ING want to keep him their as they have built a big advertizing campain around him and would lose out if they droped him.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 15:13 (Ref:1935143)   #53
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never been as convinced that Liuzzi was the great talent many thought, but Red Bull still seem to rate him.

Wurz hasn't performed and the situation is made worse by Rosberg who is driving beautifully this season. Montreal was more a case of luck and survival rather than performance, but maybe he's just a little rusty.

To drop Kovalainen would be wrong, he's quick and talented and a nice guy. I think they should give him the chance to show how good he is. But with Autosport reporting Fisichella will be retained, Piquet Jnr. needs to fit in somewhere.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1935193)   #54
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching the Portland Champcar race on Sunday and, although Bourdais again showed his great talent, there is a young exF1 racer by the name of Wilson who looks like he would be a great addition to any F1 team.
(Doornbos doesn't look too bad either)
Old 12 Jun 2007, 16:11 (Ref:1935194)   #55
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Filipe Albuquerque is getting is first test with a Toro Rosso tomorrow in Silverstone!

Link here

On his birthday too.. not bad!
Old 15 Jun 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1937656)   #56
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No ART drivers coming to F1 next year?
Old 15 Jun 2007, 13:47 (Ref:1937689)   #57
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels
No ART drivers coming to F1 next year?
kinda doubt it. Ron Dennis said that GP2 grid is particulary weak this year, and I can only agree. I just fail to see any future F1 star on it. Glock is good tho, I think him and Bourdais would make a noticable improvment at Torro Rosso. Two guys who can avoid the wall in Montreal, that would be a great asset for Berger.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1937969)   #58
locco
Rookie

locco has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was just watching the SPEEDtv practice session and one of the commentators said that renault gave an offer to williams to give them heikki + lots of $$ to get him of his contract and let nelson drive by silverstone, he also said that renault team said that it was rumors but williams said they received the offer. poor heikki if thats true.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 21:46 (Ref:1937973)   #59
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Albert
And Filipe Albuquerque is getting is first test with a Toro Rosso tomorrow in Silverstone!

Link here

On his birthday too.. not bad!
Yeah thanks for that. I can see why it's on the silly season thread.

Silly question I know, can some one translate
Old 16 Jun 2007, 13:44 (Ref:1938398)   #60
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by locco
I was just watching the SPEEDtv practice session and one of the commentators said that renault gave an offer to williams to give them heikki + lots of $$ to get him of his contract and let nelson drive by silverstone, he also said that renault team said that it was rumors but williams said they received the offer. poor heikki if thats true.
Very interesting titbit!

Dunno bout poor Heikki! I'd fancy the Williams more than the Renault judging by current performances if I were him.

The again, i'm sure he'd rather stick with Renault and hope that they return to genuine front running pace coinciding with his maturing as the top prospect most people think he is?
Old 16 Jun 2007, 15:13 (Ref:1938529)   #61
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
FW liked MW, if FW wants to get rid of Wurz he should trade him for MW i'm sure RBR wouldn't mind as they are surely sick of MW breaking boxes, well thats what i would like to see.

i think the reason HK wouldn't want to go to Williams is that his wage will drop.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 15:49 (Ref:1938584)   #62
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why would MW want to go back to the team he claimed was nothing but a Toyota 'B' team and would never be successful again?

Oh yeah the upturn in form.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1938860)   #63
locco
Rookie

locco has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Very interesting titbit!

Dunno bout poor Heikki! I'd fancy the Williams more than the Renault judging by current performances if I were him.

The again, i'm sure he'd rather stick with Renault and hope that they return to genuine front running pace coinciding with his maturing as the top prospect most people think he is?
well he did amazing today in qualifying, that should put the doubt on him on the side. Even though seeing nelson's dad there with the team might not be comforting for him.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 09:57 (Ref:1939614)   #64
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i'm sure RBR wouldn't mind as they are surely sick of MW breaking boxes,

jeez I hope you are kidding!! - he's gotta stop opening that fuel flap, too.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1939621)   #65
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
of coarse i was glad when MW left Williams and still am as that Red bull is quick just look at the speed trap he was fastest and they have shown they have the pace and are top of the midfield when the car isn't broken and when they get on top of this reliability they will be stronger than Williams IMO (i hope), it's the other way round MW is probably sick of RBR giving him crappy boxes
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:45 (Ref:1939677)   #66
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting tibit from this weeks Autosport - Claiming that Bourdais looks very well set for a drive with STR next year. Interestingly, they say that Vettel could well be joining him in the other seat.

I think Speed is definately on the way out, and Liuzzi's future depends on whether either of the RBR drivers decide to call it a day; which I think is unlikely.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1940646)   #67
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
M eNews a couple of issues back linked Bourdais to either Williams or STR and Liuzzi to Toyota.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 10:05 (Ref:1940650)   #68
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev
Interesting tibit from this weeks Autosport - Claiming that Bourdais looks very well set for a drive with STR next year.
During the Le Man's coverage on MotorsTV, the commentator mentioned that Bourdais has said that "F1 is getting closer", so maybe Autosport are right?
Old 18 Jun 2007, 10:08 (Ref:1940652)   #69
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
if i was Bourdais and i had the option of Williams or STR i would take Williams hands down.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 10:21 (Ref:1940660)   #70
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Agreed. In the hands of Rosberg, it seems to be a good car, alot better than the STR. That said, the STR drivers never seem to set the world on fire, i wonder how good that car is in the hands of a "decent" driver?
Old 18 Jun 2007, 10:36 (Ref:1940674)   #71
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STR will never have the resources to match their sister team, let alone the rest of the midfield so long as Red Bull retain some control. The car itself is fast, it perhaps just requires the team to extract more from it, and the drivers to keep it on the black stuff. Williams then being fairly independant (although Toyota looms with the engine, gearbox and driver arrangements) would seem a better "racers" choice, although will the threat of their impending doom ever go away? I cant say ive heard too much negative about the team this year, its generally been all positive towards how theyre competitive in the midfield, and that theyve rebounded from last year.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 10:53 (Ref:1940689)   #72
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Looks to me like Liuzzi's been giving it everything lately, all that can be expected in a tail end car. Shame he's had a few crumps and the car's broken at other times.

In Canada and Indy he was probably further up than he should've been and racing well.

Still think the guy's got something decent to offer and maybe he;s the sort of have a go driver that Toyota would need?
Old 18 Jun 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1940692)   #73
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota would at least give him Trulli as a benchmark. One major talking point for both STR drivers seems to be they cant get out of each others shadow, hinting their both either brilliant, average or mediocre. Then again, before this year a similar argument was used between Trulli and Ralf, but its the Italian with a solid contract next year...
Old 18 Jun 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1940982)   #74
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To be honest,on the subject of taking Mercedes DTM drivers to race for Prodrive, I'd put Paffet pretty far down the list.

Both Di Resta and Jamie Green have shown more potential in single-seaters than Paffet, and being great at open-wheelers and touring cars doesn't by any means go together (Otherwise Hakkinen would have been far more successful).

On that note, no one's suggested a Hakkinen return in Prodrive. Unlikely, but would be very entertaining.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 19:10 (Ref:1940995)   #75
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the North American leg of the international F1 tour has gone past by now, Kovalainen, Webber and Barrichello have bettered their performance. So the only vacant seat for next season at the time might be that of Albers at Spyker.