Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 10 Aug 2001, 07:01 (Ref:128394)   #1
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Novice Cross question

This being my first year of racing, I've got the hazardous cargo sticker on the back of the car. I'm a bit uncertain on how to get rid of it though.

My understanding is that 10 signatures are required on the license - however i'm only likely to get 8 or 9 this year as i've not gone to all the races in my championship (Ford Saloon Car's) and have not finished a couple of times.

As i assume that I get a 'clean' license next year with no sigs do I have to start collecting sigs all over again, or can I carry this years sig collection forward?
Old 10 Aug 2001, 07:11 (Ref:128398)   #2
Nick Sanderson
Rookie

Nick Sanderson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Dom,

The signatures carry over so hopefully, after completing a couple of races next year (to total 10) you should be able to take the novice cross of your car.

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 10 Aug 2001, 16:39 (Ref:128565)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to our friendly forum Dom.

Why not tell us about your car? Also, as I tell all new members, have a look at the forum rules so that you can enjoy yourself more.

BTW. I race a Group1 Capri in the CSCC Championship.
Old 13 Aug 2001, 07:31 (Ref:129523)   #4
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
As this is my first year racing, I'm just feeling my way around the experience!

As I don't have a team in the conventional sense (just my wife and baby daughter to 'help'on the day), it can get a bit hectic with all the new drivers briefings, siging on, scrutineering and qualifying as well as trying to unload the car etc... always have the feeling there is something else to do, but not entirely sure what!

I'm currently trying to race a Ford Fiesta XR2 in the BRSCC Ford Saloon Car Championship class C - which is supposed to be modifieds. I thought that a decent exhaust, air filter and ignition bits were reasonable modifications - how wrong can I be!

Still jolly good fun though - now I have the need for speed.

Roll on the 2 litre Zetec transplant for next season...
Old 13 Aug 2001, 20:15 (Ref:129864)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Dom,

Will you be at Brands Hatch this coming weekend then?
Old 14 Aug 2001, 07:04 (Ref:130128)   #6
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Yep, am entering in the Open Saloon Car Trophy this w/end at Brands - mostly for testing, but also may hold the honour or representing the Ford Saloons v Alfa's etc!.

As usual in this sport, everything seems to be left to the last minute. So a lack of paperwork (don't even know which class i'm in) and a non functioning car (bent valves, **** gearbox), are consipiring to deprive me of sleep!

I'll be in the slightly rusty (no kidding) red Fiesta XR2 no26.
Old 14 Aug 2001, 09:40 (Ref:130181)   #7
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be looking out for you too

I'm driving a red/yellow Mighty Mini this weekend at Brands. No.36

Considering the timetable (qualify early Sat, race early Sun) I reckon I'll have plenty of time to watch the other races and meet people!
Old 14 Aug 2001, 21:14 (Ref:130509)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Peter,

Am I right in saying that if Dom does a day's marshalling he gets a signature on his National Licence?
Old 15 Aug 2001, 18:02 (Ref:130857)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be honest Stephen, I don't know. I got my licence when all you had to do was prove you could breathe!!!
Old 16 Aug 2001, 07:07 (Ref:131127)   #10
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex

I was under the impression that you could be a marshall (for the day) if you wanted to do that for an upgrade to National A. Do not think it applies to the novice cross though - I can barely drive yet, it would be disastrous for me to be a marshall ;-)
Old 16 Aug 2001, 07:22 (Ref:131132)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Morning Dom,

Now come on, be modest, being a marshal is really a lot easier than you think. Seriously though, it's always good to have a driver with you for the day as we too learn from the experience. The next time you are short of cash for racing but still fancy joining in, let me know, I'll get you on post with me at Brands Hatch!

I'm now doing Saturday and Sunday this weekend so see a few of you around hopefully.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 09:49 (Ref:131168)   #12
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
I think if you do a day's marshalling you get a signature which can be used to get rid of your novice cross, but may not count to your nat. A licence..

Rifle through the blue book for a definate answer..
Old 18 Aug 2001, 09:55 (Ref:132067)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In Australia we don't have the novice cross, instead we have the P plate (for provisonal licence holder). A friend of mine is due to start racing shortly and he must be confident about getting signatures, the P plate is riveted to the car!