Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Jan 2002, 06:11 (Ref:201574)   #1
27tim
Racer

27tim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EuroBoss

I watched a round last year and it struck me that *some* drivers were very much the point and squirt and then brake like hell for the corner type, showing little commitment. Have any of the front runners in EuroBoss <Worswick, Goddard, Shelton etc> ever driven in any other competitive series to anyones knowledge and if so how did they go? So I could use it as a yardstick to how judge competitive the series actually is?

Your comments are welcome []

thanks...

tim.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 07:17 (Ref:201577)   #2
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Earl Goddard has raced, competitively, in British Formula Ford and Formula Renault, also he has had a number of very competitive drives in a SR2 car in the FIA sportscar cahmpionship.

I believe Tony Worswick had a rallying background.

However your observation about "point and squirt" driving is accurate for the series.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 09:21 (Ref:201588)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct Tony Worswick used to rally a Ferrari 308. Frederico Careca is the multi psuedonymed Austrian who was also known as Pierre Chauvet when he raced for many years in European f2 and the early days of f3000. I think he was also known as Unmberto Grano when he drove ETC but I mayb be wrong.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 16:18 (Ref:201711)   #4
DarrellB
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
DarrellB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
euroboss

If you want an idea of how the drivers in Euroboss compare remember that a couple of years ago Nigel Greensall had an almighty battle with Tony Worswick and no-one can say that Greensall is a slouch after putting the Stealth on pole for the final round of the GTs last year.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 20:40 (Ref:201833)   #5
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be fair to say that some drivers in Boss are point and squirt drivers.....but Nigel greensall was well fast in the Tyrell....since then at certain races Earl Goddard has been very racy...pushing harder and harder every lap , ....he has been very impressive at the times that i have seen him race....not to sure about Tony Worswick , although after having a chat with him at Silverstone last year , i thought he would make a great 2nd hand car salesman....he seemed a right wheeler dealer , great charachter as well.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 12:13 (Ref:202054)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Not forgetting a certain Paul Stoddard who used to drive in Boss as well!
Old 21 Jan 2002, 21:43 (Ref:202378)   #7
SILVERS95
Veteran

Mike Gasgoine done himself proud too when he was very impressive in the actual Tyrell he designed .....i think he came 3rd at Brands which was pretty good considering he was the technical director at Jordan at the time.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 23:36 (Ref:202472)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
You are right but he didn't do so well when he drove the Jordan at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2000. He made rather a mess of the front end straight after the start. I know, I was one of the first marshals on the scene!!!
Old 21 Jan 2002, 23:46 (Ref:202476)   #9
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watch out for my ex boss John Roberts this year hes driving a 91 Lola F3000, he'll be somewhere near the back as he is almost on formula renault pace
Old 22 Jan 2002, 08:07 (Ref:202592)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
As your boss Macmott I hope he doesn't read your posts!
Old 23 Jan 2002, 12:07 (Ref:203134)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just love to see and hear these cars on the track and don't worry too much about commitment from the drivers. I guess if I'd bought and run an ex F1 car out of my own pocket, I'd be fairly cautious with it on a Sunday afternoon!

Having said that there is a fair disparity between some of the drivers, but if they all race in the same spirit - that's fair enough.

If too many hotshots appeared in the series that went for every gap and tired out-braking moves at every turn - the series wall fall over because most people wouldn't want to risk their cars to that extent.

It must be fun enough to climb into a '96 Benetton at all, without trying to recreate its past glory too much!
Old 23 Jan 2002, 12:12 (Ref:203139)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Even if it is sponsored by your own Koi Carp company hahaha
Old 23 Jan 2002, 22:08 (Ref:203418)   #13
SILVERS95
Veteran

Stephen , you may remember this ......as i had to feel sorry for Klaus Zwart ?? ( not sure if thats exactly right ) in his Ferrari 412T2 last year at Brands......it had the V12 engine in it , and sounded amazing.......anyway , he came round Graham Hill Bend , got his right rear wheel on the grass on the exit , and spun it round across the track and went in backwards into the barrier along the cooper straight.......the engine went quiet , and everyone was sad !.....it must have cost him a fortune in repairs..
Old 23 Jan 2002, 22:14 (Ref:203422)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i remember that..i was outside brands in the paddock car park and i could here these cars (all sounding the same) and this THING, it sounded beautiful, totally different from anything i'd ever heard before..........i was sitting at paddock when he went off...ruined my day
Old 23 Jan 2002, 22:25 (Ref:203428)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Yes I do remember and it was a great pity, that Ferarri V12 sounds like no other engine in the world. I remember when I used to go and watch the qualifying for the British GP and you could always tell when the Ferarri came out onto the track. I hope he manages to get it repaired and back on the track this year.
Old 25 Jan 2002, 21:02 (Ref:204422)   #16
DarrellB
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
DarrellB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember the GP at Silverstone in 93 when one of the practice sessions was wet and the only car to come onto the circuit was Alesi in the Ferrari. A V12 Ferrari with Alesi at the wheel in the wet is something that you don't forget in a hurry.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 00:44 (Ref:2025470)   #17
Gavi
Rookie

Gavi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there and I remember the same thing. He lapped 2 seconds quicker than the others, back end out and V12 howling. Wonderful control. I miss those days.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 15:00 (Ref:2025756)   #18
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two Euroboss threads!
Any chance the moderators can "lump them" together?