Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1946768)   #726
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Had Boss race at Mallory in 1996 or 7 once in 20 years is enough
Brands doesnt have licence for long circuit for the f1 cars
donington is a good track for euroboss cars
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1946775)   #727
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Brands Hatch has a grade 2 FIA licence for the GP and Indy circuits
Old 25 Jun 2007, 23:16 (Ref:1946847)   #728
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Park/Croft/Oulton hey why not Lydden you must be having a laugh! Only reason you can't run on Brands GP is noise but a Indy circuit race would be great or any Silverstone configurations?
Old 26 Jun 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1947099)   #729
H.Eng
Racer

United Kingdom
Royal Tunbridge Wells
H.Eng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBOSS
Yeah, would also love to have a EuroBOSS race at Brands Hatch GP, but we can not race there, only on the Indy circuit!
(btw. I am at Brands this weekend for the HSCC SuperPrix)

H-Tony, what do you think about a race at Most/CZ?

Christian
EuroBOSS
also have any of you driven the long road after the CZ border?...........on the way up to Most, well put it this way Geordie wont have any money left and he will be late for the race!!!..............but my will he have a big smile on his face!!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1947106)   #730
SLK55
Racer

England
SLK55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Eng
also have any of you driven the long road after the CZ border?...........on the way up to Most, well put it this way Geordie wont have any money left and he will be late for the race!!!..............but my will he have a big smile on his face!!
Is there lots of McDonalds or something
Old 26 Jun 2007, 10:59 (Ref:1947147)   #731
H.Eng
Racer

United Kingdom
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK55
Is there lots of McDonalds or something
never heard it called that b4!...........thou some might resemble a "Big Mac"........
Old 26 Jun 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1947243)   #732
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
dwf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports
Mallory Park/Croft/Oulton hey why not Lydden you must be having a laugh! Only reason you can't run on Brands GP is noise but a Indy circuit race would be great or any Silverstone configurations?
If we're going that way, how about doing it round a car park. . . .it'll be like the Las Vegas GP they had all those years ago....*thinks back* Cesars Palace wasn't it? *not sure as it was before I was born*
Old 26 Jun 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1947264)   #733
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Guys, can we stear this back on topic please.....thanks
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1947351)   #734
driftwood
Veteran

maybe time to delete all the irrelevent posts
Old 26 Jun 2007, 16:27 (Ref:1947385)   #735
SLK55
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
maybe time to delete all the irrelevent posts
So thats all of yours then ?
Old 26 Jun 2007, 16:41 (Ref:1947402)   #736
SLK55
Racer

England
100% Confirmed Calendar ?

Is it possible to confirm what is 100% going to happen for the remainder of the year ?
It seems that we need to get this forum back on topic, although to be frank, most of the banter has been centered around where up coming race should be held, I guess thats on topic ?
It would be nice if other people actually joined in, I think we have a Euroboss community here and with the decreasing number of events on the calendar, it seems appropriate to use the forum as a method of trying to keep the euroboss community alive !
I apologise if that seems a little blunt, but no one can deny its true.

Motor racing is a serious business, all of us at H-Engineering are serious about our roles on a race weekend, its not a laughing matter watching a friend getting strapped into a 500kg Missle unless you know he is going to be safe and everyone has done their own little part in the most professional way to reduce the risks.
We do like to have some fun and IMHO its worth remembering thats what we are all here for, its not multi-million dollar budget stuff, its people who like to enjoy motor racing in a safe and responsible way, letting a bit of steam off along the way. Lets not lose track of that. Kick back and chill a little.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1947502)   #737
CDK 7
Racer

United Kingdom
kings lynn
CDK 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Motor racing is a serious business, all of us at H-Engineering are serious about our roles on a race weekend, its not a laughing matter watching a friend getting strapped into a 500kg Missle unless you know he is going to be safe and everyone has done their own little part in the most professional way to reduce the risks.
We do like to have some fun and IMHO its worth remembering thats what we are all here for, its not multi-million dollar budget stuff, its people who like to enjoy motor racing in a safe and responsible way, letting a bit of steam off along the way. Lets not lose track of that. Kick back and chill a little.[/quote]

well said g the way things are going this year with the races we could be finished all ready!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:20 (Ref:1947523)   #738
H.Eng
Racer

United Kingdom
Royal Tunbridge Wells
We do like to have some fun and IMHO its worth remembering thats what we are all here for, its not multi-million dollar budget stuff, its people who like to enjoy motor racing in a safe and responsible way, letting a bit of steam off along the way. Lets not lose track of that. Kick back and chill a little.[/quote]

Geordie.............has old father time been sharing his brandy with you???
just to add my bit, its very frustrating, spending lots of money only to have meetings cancelled/changed, a lot of it is outside the control of our organisers, but it makes it increasingly more difficult to attract sponsors, etc....................as most of my guys help for the love of the sport, without pay, they all have other jobs/ familys, and arrange around the holidays etc around the race calender, meetings moved/cancelled through up loads of problems, so any ideas on how to address this, would be greatfully recieved, i know Roger and Christian would be pleased to hear you!!!!!.............
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:32 (Ref:1947534)   #739
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Tony! You know, after a very difficult work we had at the beginning of this season a perfect calendar, only big events and then... all cancelled/changed meetings were outside the control for Roger and me!

100% confirmed calendar for the remainder of the year???
Sorry, but yet no official decision!

We wait now for the final 'yes or no' from the event organisers!
August: Brands Hatch/Snetterton/...UK or Most/CZ?
October: Monza?
November: Barcelona?

Christian
EuroBOSS
Old 26 Jun 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1947578)   #740
H.Eng
Racer

United Kingdom
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Quote:
Thanks Tony! You know, after a very difficult work we had at the beginning of this season a perfect calendar, only big events and then... all cancelled/changed meetings were outside the control for Roger and me!

100% confirmed calendar for the remainder of the year???
Sorry, but yet no official decision!

We wait now for the final 'yes or no' from the event organisers!
August: Brands Hatch/Snetterton/...UK or Most/CZ?
October: Monza?
November: Barcelona?

Christian
EuroBOSS
what about the confirmed meetings Christian??
Old 26 Jun 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1947608)   #741
driftwood
Veteran

Klaus has a race track 2 meetings could be held there in the Autumn 2 or 3 weeks apart it will save $$ for cars truck to drive once to circuit race guys fly home then return 2 weeks later to race
then 1 hour from Ascari track is Jerez? maybe another spanish race
english guys like the sun spain sangria
everyone is then happy!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1947655)   #742
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Eng
what about the confirmed meetings Christian??
EuroBOSS @ ChampCar Zolder (24/26 August) is confirmed!
EuroBOSS @ Ascari Race Resort (22/23 September) is confirmed!
EuroBOSS @ Nurburgring GP (5/7 October) is confirmed!

...and now we need three more race meetings = 8 in total!

Christian
EuroBOSS
Old 26 Jun 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1947664)   #743
SLK55
Racer

England
Quote:
EuroBOSS @ ChampCar Zolder (24/26 August) is confirmed!
EuroBOSS @ Ascari Race Resort (22/23 September) is confirmed!
EuroBOSS @ Nurburgring GP (5/7 October) is confirmed!

...and now we need three more race meetings = 8 in total!

Christian
EuroBOSS
So Christian. If I book flights and hotels, you will stand by them and refund any costs that the cancellations may incur ? Is that fair enough ?
Old 26 Jun 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1947668)   #744
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Klaus has a race track 2 meetings could be held there in the Autumn 2 or 3 weeks apart it will save $$ for cars truck to drive once to circuit race guys fly home then return 2 weeks later to race
then 1 hour from Ascari track is Jerez? maybe another spanish race
english guys like the sun spain sangria
everyone is then happy!
I know not everyone would be happy with your plan...

Klaas race track is fantastic, but if I am honest I am not a big fan of such 'non spectator' (some locals) events with only two races! Roger knows it...
We are a series for the race fans and they want to see us everywhere, we are not an Elite club. One race there is ok, because Klaas is a big supporter of the series since a long time!

To Jerez:
Yes, we think about a second race in Spain this year, but you need not only a circuit but also an event where you can race with F1,etc. cars!
We found an possible good event in november at Barcelona (Circuit de Catalunya) and now we wait for the decision from the meeting organisers.

Christian
EuroBOSS
Old 26 Jun 2007, 22:24 (Ref:1947672)   #745
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK55
So Christian. If I book flights and hotels, you will stand by them and refund any costs that the cancellations may incur ? Is that fair enough ?
Ok Graham, for the second time today!
...up to today all cancelled/changed meetings were outside the control for Roger and me!
Therefore no refund for these and for upcoming problems! (humour)

Christian
EuroBOSS
Old 26 Jun 2007, 22:35 (Ref:1947678)   #746
SLK55
Racer

England
Quote:
Ok Graham, for the second time today!
...up to today all cancelled/changed meetings were outside the control for Roger and me!
Therefore no refund for these and for upcoming problems! (humour)

Christian
EuroBOSS
I understand that they are outside your control, but when trying to attract sponsorship something definite is desirable. The reason I get touchy about it is that I put myself in a position where I was trying to get my employer (Large International blue chip in Fortune 100) to make a substantial investment in the Donington event, with lots of pre race internal marketing and incentives for staff and customers.
Can you imagine what would have happened to me with the fiasco that was GP Live. ????
You have to realise that there is more to this than you may sometimes think. Yes, I know **** happens, but sometimes people have to put their balls on the block and make commitments, for these events, so , when you start putting some spin on an event, please think carefully and realise that your actions could cause significant embarrasment and financial loss for others, beyond the family atmosphere of Euroboss.

Based on what you can say about the upcoming races, I guess I will not be trying to get someone to spend money on Euroboss (Humour)
Old 27 Jun 2007, 08:06 (Ref:1947886)   #747
driftwood
Veteran

For once SLK u talk some sense-If i had ahat i would tip it to you
This is the same problem i heard about in australai for teh F Holden sereis when my mate had a possible sponsor for his car there was no confirmed race dates and it changed 2 or 3 times in the end the sponsor said get stuffed and spent his marketing money on the local horse races sponsoring events entertaining guests.
As you rightly say people need to book time off work either as the driver or the team helpers The circuit needs to promote the races in each country to generate interest
The GP Live was ahuge farce and th fans where the loosers
Ridiculas ticket prices then no marque for the cars to be on display the fans where treated badly then to cap it all the cheques bounced
The driver spend a lot of money getting cars ready they need definate dates to plan their race life private life and most of all their work life to pay for the racing

I appreciate it is not easy booking race dates lots of discussions with circuits and race clubs and its easy for the drivers to throw some abuse at you and in the end nobody thanks you for the efforts you make but it doe snot encourage new blood to Euroboss if theior are no precise dates set up in February

I hope you can look at the Ascari dates and Barcelona dates to be close together maybe allow the teams to leave their kit in Spain
the cost for Uk driver to spain and back is around £2000 for truck ferry fuel
Old 27 Jun 2007, 14:09 (Ref:1948149)   #748
H.Eng
Racer

United Kingdom
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Quote:
For once SLK u talk some sense-If i had ahat i would tip it to you
This is the same problem i heard about in australai for teh F Holden sereis when my mate had a possible sponsor for his car there was no confirmed race dates and it changed 2 or 3 times in the end the sponsor said get stuffed and spent his marketing money on the local horse races sponsoring events entertaining guests.
As you rightly say people need to book time off work either as the driver or the team helpers The circuit needs to promote the races in each country to generate interest
The GP Live was ahuge farce and th fans where the loosers
Ridiculas ticket prices then no marque for the cars to be on display the fans where treated badly then to cap it all the cheques bounced
The driver spend a lot of money getting cars ready they need definate dates to plan their race life private life and most of all their work life to pay for the racing

I appreciate it is not easy booking race dates lots of discussions with circuits and race clubs and its easy for the drivers to throw some abuse at you and in the end nobody thanks you for the efforts you make but it doe snot encourage new blood to Euroboss if theior are no precise dates set up in February

I hope you can look at the Ascari dates and Barcelona dates to be close together maybe allow the teams to leave their kit in Spain
the cost for Uk driver to spain and back is around £2000 for truck ferry fuel
blimey our friend from brighton is talking some sence!!..........Klaus track in ronda is a must, i would happily go there twice in a year, the track is fabulous, and the hospitality is even better, its how all the compeditors should be treated at all the circuits!!........as for spectators Klaus put on coaches for the locals in Ronda, he had nearly as many people there as they did at GP live!!!!!............u should have gone Christian, it was the type of race meeting that makes all the effort worth while....also jerez is a great place, i cant see any problem with having a meeting there?????????
Old 27 Jun 2007, 15:07 (Ref:1948180)   #749
SLK55
Racer

England
Yeah the hospitality laid on by Klaas and the Ascari resort was fantastic. Hey they even laid on the F1 World Champion for us doing demo laps in Klaas's M6. Most spectacular.
Most fantastic setting for a racetrack, a quality track without Mickey Mouse chicanes. Lots of fast flowing corners.
To cap it all, how many club houses have there own Pool and a Gordon Ramsey trained Chef !!
Bellissimo !!
Old 27 Jun 2007, 15:17 (Ref:1948195)   #750
driftwood
Veteran

Maybe if Ascari track is having eurpboss race it could look to put on some other Brit races ie club f3 Fford GT`s make a "TOCA" type package trip

Tags
cosworth, euroboss, judd, old f1 cars, single seater