Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Apr 2004, 09:32 (Ref:951969)   #1
Dave Cooney
Rookie

United Kingdom
Derby
Dave Cooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton BSB

Heard over the weekend that Haga and Haslam are confirmed entries for this coming weekend at Oulton.

Last edited by Dave Cooney; 26 Apr 2004 at 09:33.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 15:36 (Ref:957057)   #2
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep, its definite, they want extra testing before misano wsb
Old 30 Apr 2004, 23:02 (Ref:957416)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that would be great to go and see - especially hagasan mixing it with the bsb boys
Old 1 May 2004, 09:59 (Ref:957716)   #4
mcurtis26
Veteran

could be interesting, haga hadn't even seen oulton until last week, and didnt ride it until yesterday!
Old 1 May 2004, 18:05 (Ref:957969)   #5
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen the 1st practice times...

http://www.mst-group.co.uk/singleses...nd=round04.gif

Are the Renegades running on Pirellis?
Old 1 May 2004, 18:16 (Ref:957975)   #6
mcurtis26
Veteran

Yep, thats why they seem to be struggling i reckon, i think renegade are going for race milege rather than results
Old 1 May 2004, 23:45 (Ref:958240)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst I agree that some of Renagades lack of pace can be put down to the team getting race mileage, and the fact they are on Pirelli tyres I think it could also be because of the level of competition, sure Renegade are a great team, but the guys in the BSB are no amatuers either. Where did Renagade finish up last year in the teams standings? 3rd wasnt it? Not 100% sure, but it would have been had Kagayama not been injured IMO, and look where they were today, behind the main front runners.
Old 2 May 2004, 09:19 (Ref:958457)   #8
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
I didn't think the times were too bad, considering the tyres. It will be more interesting to see how they drop off in the race itself! Interesting to notice also how the 998 is top Duke and then Leon beat Emmett!!

PS - where's Dean Ellison gone? He hasn't been out since Silverstone!
Old 2 May 2004, 22:37 (Ref:958898)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, 8th and 14th for the Renagade Ducati's. Not as well as Id have expected them to have qualifed, but thats due to a number of factors Id imagine. Should be a intresting couple of races tommorow, Rizla Suzuki domination? Or Will Michael Rutter spoil the party? Personally Im hoping that my local team (Rizla Suzuki) will do a 1-2 in both.
Old 3 May 2004, 12:40 (Ref:959314)   #10
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Anyone know who's won race 1 yet?
Old 4 May 2004, 00:28 (Ref:959914)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
A great couple of races, and the best team won! Great to see Yuki back on top form, probably JR's main rival for the title this year although Rutter could have something to say about that, but at the moment the Suzuki's are just head and shoulders above everyone. Great supersport race too, another win by Harris, turning into a great 3 way battle for the championship between Harris, Laverty and Vincent.
Old 4 May 2004, 07:58 (Ref:960081)   #12
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
although Rutter could have something to say about that,
He was robbed of two wins yesterday!

First race, contact with one of the Kwaks at Old Hall on the first lap lost him a lot of places, a great ride got him back to third.

Second race, an electrical problem meant he had to start from the back of the grid - another great ride, another third.
Old 4 May 2004, 08:37 (Ref:960103)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
was this the race meeting where that huge fireball occured ?

its just been plastered all over the news here in Australia but I didnt catch any info on rides or their conditions , certainly looked very scary and I hope everyone is ok.
Old 4 May 2004, 09:33 (Ref:960145)   #14
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
That's the one! All I saw from the post I was on was a big plume of smoke - it certainly looked scary! As far as I know nobody was hurt.
Old 4 May 2004, 11:12 (Ref:960232)   #15
mcurtis26
Veteran

I was on the inside at Lodge and both riders walked away seemingly without a scratch, but looking quite shocked. There was slight contact after the bridge then we just saw a fireball coming down the track. One rider was thrown clear on the straight, and the other just before the bikes came to rest. The marshalls did a fantastic job of putting the fire out almost as quickly as it started. From what i saw, the two riders who went down were extremly lucky, as was Haga who got involved, but didn't come down.
Old 4 May 2004, 11:21 (Ref:960244)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus

its just been plastered all over the news here in Australia but I didnt catch any info on rides or their conditions , certainly looked very scary and I hope everyone is ok.
caught the end of that on ch7 news this morning aswell marcus - looked very nasty... saw a kwaka i think was glen richards one of the riders...
Old 4 May 2004, 16:26 (Ref:960543)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand
He was robbed of two wins yesterday!

First race, contact with one of the Kwaks at Old Hall on the first lap lost him a lot of places, a great ride got him back to third.

Second race, an electrical problem meant he had to start from the back of the grid - another great ride, another third.
Robbed of 2 wins? Thats a matter of opinion, in race 1 he went wide at the first corner, that sorta screwed his race, but then I guess he should have taken a better line around the first corner and avoided contact, just like the rest of the front runners did, and its doubtful that he could have kept up with the Rizla Suzuki's anyway. As for race 2, well who knows he might have kept up with the Suzuki's but we will never know, apparntly he was running a softer rear tyre than the Suzukis which benefited him in the first part of the race, but the tyre went off in the latter half, and then of course there was a electrical gremlins.

At the moment the Suzukis are very much the bikes to beat, sure the Fireblade is good but its nowhere near as well sorted for race pace as the Suzuki's are. The HM plant guys just havent got the bike on the same race pace.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 4 May 2004 at 16:27.
Old 4 May 2004, 19:21 (Ref:960750)   #18
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
I thought at the start of the year the Honda would be way out in front but the Suzukis have won 6/8 races so far. Rutter is always there too but Kiyonari seems to have fallen back a bit.

Bad news about Steve Plater with a broken arm and missing the next two meetings!