Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3278902)   #26
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We can but hope...
Old 17 Jul 2013, 22:34 (Ref:3278909)   #27
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Looking at the wider picture. There's a fair degree of dissatisfaction internationally that no bankers, industrialists or other monied folk were jailed for the worldwide banking crisis. I do wonder if Bernie might become a bit of a patsie against that.

He tried to bribe a German bank. Which was particularly silly, seeing as they are so powerful at the moment, and will undoubtedly fight very hard to protect the image of their banking sector.

Even if he doesn't get banged up, unless he gets acquitted on all charges, and nothing too damaging gets revealed in the trial, this will weaken his position significantly.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3278919)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I seem to remember him creating hot water for labour with donations a few years ago.
That was to do with donations of £1m to New Labour to exempt F1 from the EU ban on tobacco sponsorship in 1997, after they won the general election that year. It all came out in the wash in 2008, after Blair quit as PM.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3278930)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Worse comes to the worst, he can decamp to Bahrain and run his empire in semi-retirement from there. He can even visit the Asia-Pacific races if he so chose. I think he'll wriggle out of it a legally innocent man, I dunno how though. You will not see that man in prison that's for sure.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3278934)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
if it looks like duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....
It could be Michael Winslow from the Police Academy movies impersonating a duck
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Jul 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3278936)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
As dangerous an assertion as I have ever seen.

Bernie may well not go to jail. However, it is looking increasingly likely that he may well be up against it.
Awesome

So who runs F1 in his absence, whether it is short or long term?

Or can this be avoided simply by not going to Germany any time soon
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Jul 2013, 04:32 (Ref:3278979)   #32
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will F1 survive without Bernie?
Old 18 Jul 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3278992)   #33
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Yes.

Of course it will.
It may even change for the better....
Old 18 Jul 2013, 07:57 (Ref:3279011)   #34
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Awesome

So who runs F1 in his absence, whether it is short or long term?

Or can this be avoided simply by not going to Germany any time soon
Doesn't the Euro zone have extradition treaties?

I believe Venezuela is very nice!

Best he books early!
Old 18 Jul 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3279058)   #35
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Yes.

Of course it will.
It may even change for the better....
Or it may be worse.

One thing is for sure, you can't rely on the teams to run F1.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3279062)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I would have thought the teams and track owners would know how the F1 Circus works.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3279068)   #37
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I would have thought the teams and track owners would know how the F1 Circus works.
However, even with the best will in the world teams will always want to seek an advantage. Getting all the teams to agree to anything proposed by another team is going to be like herding cats! The other teams will always think that the proposer is trying to gain an advantage.

Got a car design that runs better when the air is cooler? Let's have more "winter" GPs!
Car runs better in hot conditions? We need more desert GPs!

etc.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3279080)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
If it means there'll be less favouritism shown towards Ferrari, I'm all for it.

The reality is that CVC will run the show in much the same way that BE currently does. He's only an employee of CVC and therefore there will be someone else waiting in the wings ready to take his place.

Some say that he'll be the Anti-Christ! *Cue Omen soundtrack*
Old 18 Jul 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3279081)   #39
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Some say that he'll be the Anti-Christ!
and that his urine will smell of the ORIGINAL Castrol-R.

And on that TopGear bombshell, goodnight!
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3279102)   #40
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I guess he must be very worried
He's sh**ing $1,000 bills... allegedly
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:28 (Ref:3279105)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
However, even with the best will in the world teams will always want to seek an advantage. Getting all the teams to agree to anything proposed by another team is going to be like herding cats! The other teams will always think that the proposer is trying to gain an advantage.

Got a car design that runs better when the air is cooler? Let's have more "winter" GPs!
Car runs better in hot conditions? We need more desert GPs!

etc.
Teams have always been seeking an advantage, ever since motorsport was invented.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3279107)   #42
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Teams have always been seeking an advantage, ever since motorsport was invented.
Precisely my point.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3279110)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Precisely my point.
Hence the tyre debacle. Just a few teams holding everyone else to a very dangerous ransome. One team preventing the use of customer cars, etc.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3279111)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Precisely my point.
Then it makes no difference who runs F1, team and track owners or CVC or FOM.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3279116)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Then it makes no difference who runs F1, team and track owners or CVC or FOM.
Since they profiting from it...
Old 18 Jul 2013, 14:32 (Ref:3279127)   #46
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could Bernie's P45 be on the way?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108845

If and when Bernie goes I suspect there is likely to be chaos, as of this time there is no concorde agreement. Therefore nobody is in charge and without Bernie herding them in his direction it will take a tough operator to keep everybody on the straight and narrow.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3279135)   #47
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rumour has it the charges will be dropped as soon as the Korean GP is dropped from the calendar.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 18 Jul 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3279147)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Rumour has it the charges will be dropped as soon as the Korean GP is dropped from the calendar.
How are the Korean GP and this indictment linked?
Old 18 Jul 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3279162)   #49
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question : If CVC won the contract to run Formula 1 through what may turn out to be Illegal shenanegans, are they still legally the owners of F1, or is it null and void and need to be put up for sale again with CVC having a chance to re-bid ?
Not suggesting anything here, just posing the question - any experts out there?
Old 18 Jul 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3279191)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
We've seen this happen back in the '70s and '80s The only way to solve it was to get one man to run the show for all the teams. Can't remember his name.