Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 0 0%
9 3 4.17%
8 11 15.28%
7 23 31.94%
6 18 25.00%
5 8 11.11%
4 5 6.94%
3 3 4.17%
2 0 0%
1 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3234516)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed the Vettel charge, but in the cold light of day it was close to farcical, bolting on a set of what were to all intents and purposes sticky qualifiers. Strategy is fine, but it needs to support the racing, not supplant it....
Old 15 Apr 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3234736)   #52
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just finished watching it and gave it a generous 7 but Jens "ASKING" for permission to fight is a tragedy; the tyres are a joke!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3234762)   #53
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a 9, kept me up till 2 AM.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 17:55 (Ref:3234787)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
I gave it a 4. The tyres were not the right choice for this race. Plus, having two DRS zones did make the racing rather contrived.
I don't like DRS at all and having one zone is bad enough let alone two. There were a number of issues with it during the race, as mentioned in this article.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106769
Old 15 Apr 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3234804)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Truly awful, it was.

How long should a tyre last? The entire race? Two races (we're going green)? Three races (greener still)?

Point being, If Pirelli were to use only their hard tyre at each race, it's more likely to suit one car in particular if the tyres are to last for a race distance.....or slighly more.....or less.....how long should the tyres last for?

But yeah, It was a truly awful race.
I said we can't debate it. I am right on this issue.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3234828)   #56
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...and we have a huge thread about it.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3234837)   #57
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Five, i.e. average.

I don't mind the tyre "situation" this season, but when it's at a track where overtakes are done in more interesting corners and not at the end of a straight. Vettel did a good one on someone (may have been Massa) elsewhere, but most were done with DRS at the end of a straight, so it's no Malaysia for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I was just like you before this race.

Completely didn't get what all the moaning was about. I don't know what happened, but I just suddenly noticed we had zero on-track battles anymore.

No wheel to wheel. It all looked like blue flags, and that really, really sucks.

I think it's more of a 'me' thing. I just suddenly noticed and joined the dark side, I think

Selby
I know what you mean. I'm still not convinced you're not my alter ego.

I generally feel fine with the tyres, but it was sad to see the likes of Button and Vettel just keeping straight and giving up positions. Formula 1 risks sometimes becoming a time trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
You're a miserable lot! I enjoyed it, so I'm one of those who gave it an 8.

So lots of drivers chose not to defend an undefendable overtake? It's the wisdom of knowing which fights to pick.
It's not just that though, TrapezeArtist. In Shanghai, many drivers looked like they were specifically maintaining their line because that was better than even moving slightly to consider defending.

Last edited by Born Racer; 15 Apr 2013 at 20:04.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3234872)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
Gave it a 9, kept me up till 2 AM.

Nah, it was that dodgy curry mate........

A score of 9 is totally beyond my comprehension, tbh.....
Old 15 Apr 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3234885)   #59
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nah, it was that dodgy curry mate........

A score of 9 is totally beyond my comprehension, tbh.....
It actually makes sense, 9 is the number of non-DRS overtakes in the race. Or perhaps the number of spectators there that actually paid and weren't taken in off the streets.

Trying to make sense of it for you.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3234888)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I am indeed truly grateful.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3234958)   #61
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I literally JUST finished watching the race (sad, I know), and I found myself on the edge of my seat at the end of the race even though I peeked at who won before I watched the race in its entirety. A complete turnaround from Malaysia, and Scuderia won with Vettel not on the podium!

I'd give it a 7.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3234970)   #62
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having watched a nameless series earlier in the day where the tires could be race flat out almost at will, and where even team mates were allowed to race each other at full pelt, I couldn't take F1 seriously when I watched what I recorded.

The cars in nameless series raced flat out for 6 hours, but the F1 cars were all in their own race, the drivers having to ask for permission to fight cars even from other teams.

It's getting ridiculous now. It's not racing any more
Old 16 Apr 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3234974)   #63
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dull at times, at least emotion and the end and the third straight different winner. 5.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3235800)   #64
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
It actually makes sense, 9 is the number of non-DRS overtakes in the race. Or perhaps the number of spectators there that actually paid and weren't taken in off the streets.

Trying to make sense of it for you.
Interesting you mention the spectators, there seemed to be many more in the stands compared to last year. The authorities must have bussed them in, in droves.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3236090)   #65
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Interesting you mention the spectators, there seemed to be many more in the stands compared to last year. The authorities must have bussed them in, in droves.
Any evidence that it was a bussed in crowd? Or made up fact?

Or the alternative, that the Chinese have woken up to motorsport? They woken up to a lot more than F1 in the last few years...
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3236166)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post

Or the alternative, that the Chinese have woken up to motorsport? They woken up to a lot more than F1 in the last few years...
Considering the Chinese faked the opening of the Beijing Olympics, with all that CGI, I wouldn't put it past them.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3236172)   #67
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the crowds have steadily increased in recent years have they not? Hardly a Monza atmosphere, but a bit better than some other new tracks.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3236255)   #68
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post

NVM, Next post is better response

Last edited by FordCosworthPanoz; 18 Apr 2013 at 17:01.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3236257)   #69
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Of course, a lot of the increased attendance could be due to the fact that Shanghai is a world class tourist destination and is likely to attract quite a few flyaway visitors from both Europe and Australia.

Did you see the grandstand on the left side of the hairpin? Might has well have been reserved for Finns, the entire grandstand was covered in Finnish flags and it was the same last year.

Not to mention the Chinese middle class is increasing so more people can attend F1 as opposed to just watching it on TV. It's not like the crowds of 04, 05 and 06 but it's getting better.

That's despite HUGE drops in Chinese F1 television viewership the last 2 years.