Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jul 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2723937)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
That's what I was thinking. Both Bruno and Karun are pay drivers and brought money to the team. Maybe Yamamoto's bringing more ? In fact, maybe HRT would be better off shoving the drive for each Grand Prix on eBay and offer it to the winning bidder !

I'll be sad to see Bruno leave. He is one of the nicest guys in the paddock and is a much better driver than the HRT results this year indicate. Let's hope that he gets a seat in another team before the year's out.
As long as they dont expect to get paid by the mile/kilometre like a cabbie, all should be ok

107% rule this weekend, maybe its a ploy to not have to run the 2nd car?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Jul 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2723938)   #52
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'll be sad to see Bruno leave. He is one of the nicest guys in the paddock and is a much better driver than the HRT results this year indicate. Let's hope that he gets a seat in another team before the year's out.
I'll second that. He and Karun are/were definitely one of the nicest driver pairings in the paddock.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2723942)   #53
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

107% rule this weekend, maybe its a ploy to not have to run the 2nd car?
That isn't being bought in until 2011, isn't it?

Selby
Old 9 Jul 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2723947)   #54
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We await news from Driver Replacement Therapy. I read somewhere there would be a statement this morning.

Quote:
107% rule this weekend
?
Old 9 Jul 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2723956)   #55
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I think there's a touch of confusion here - the 107% rule is coming back next year, not this race.

Selby
Old 9 Jul 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2723959)   #56
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yamamoto was only 2 seconds slower than Chandhok in FP1. Must be the weight of all those yen he's carrying around.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2723964)   #57
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Insultingly for Bruno it would seem he was only told on the Thursday late afternoon / evening and they havent removed his name from tyre warmers/garage walling. There will be discussions later on today between Bruno, his manager and Hispania. Also for those who like to know without Kolles Hispania wouldnt be able to make pitstops because Kolles owns all the pit equipment!!
I'm almost expecting it to go wrong - Hispania are becoming an Andrea Moda style joke very rapidly. One addendum I'd like to see to the 107% rule is that for a driver who repeatedly gets 107%ed without mechanical failures to get booted out.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2723969)   #58
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
That's a good idea.

Selby
Old 9 Jul 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2723975)   #59
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Yamamoto was only 2 seconds slower than Chandhok in FP1. Must be the weight of all those yen he's carrying around.
It was just under a second.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2723976)   #60
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Which, in fairness to him, isn't a bad effort.

Compare it to Fauzy/Kovy, which was around 1.8 seconds.

Selby
Old 9 Jul 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2723979)   #61
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
In fairness, anyone who can hustle the HRT round deserves credit.. The menopausal name is apt, as a lap in that car leaves sufferers shaky and close to tears.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2723992)   #62
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some great puns in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I'm almost expecting it to go wrong - Hispania are becoming an Andrea Moda style joke very rapidly.]
Whoa, hey, now hold on a sec. Andrea Moda? Honestly, they're nowhere near. Let's not go jumping for the jugular. There are a whole stack of teams worthy of comparison before you go jumping to Sassetti and his nutty crew

It's also Yamamoto's birthday today, funnily enough - 28 years old
Old 9 Jul 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2724025)   #63
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yamamoto is only in for Silverstone. Senna will be back in the seat for the remainder of the year.

Report here.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2724028)   #64
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Thanks for that Davy.

Good news, if a bit strange. I guess they just needed a short, sharp cash injection.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 13:52 (Ref:2724032)   #65
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Hmm, am I the only one slightly more pessimistic on this situation?

Why, for one race, would you stick your reserve driver in? They must be wanting him to gain more race experience for a reason...

I think we'll see Senna gone from HRT by the season's end.

Selby
Old 9 Jul 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2724035)   #66
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Senna would probably want to be gone from there by season's end. It's more a case of whether he races much more.

Driver sharing isn't much good though. It didn't work for Liuzzi when he and Klien shared the Red Bull seat.

Sakon is incidentally within three tenths of Karun right now. We don't know what programmes they're running, but that's not terrible.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2724036)   #67
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
That's really not bad at all. Perhaps it's just to light a fire under Bruno a bit?

Selby
Old 9 Jul 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2724041)   #68
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Considering Sakons times so far Bruno has nothing to fear when he comes back. The biggest issue for Sakon this weekend is the limited time in the car before today and the fact he hasnt driven in a while his neck will go before the end of the race.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2724045)   #69
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Or the fact he can't support his own neck after 2 practise sessions :/

Selby
Old 9 Jul 2010, 14:43 (Ref:2724062)   #70
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
What I find strange is that neither the team nor Bruno have made any comment about Yamamoto's appearance this weekend. It seems a complete waste of time to me, unless there was indeed an essential injection of cash.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2724071)   #71
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
HRT have, but they havn't explained a reason other than wanting to use one of their four drivers...

Selby
Old 9 Jul 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2724100)   #72
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What does it gain them? Sakons laptimes are slower than Brunos would have been so it just makes the team look slower than they are which isnt helping them gain sponsors or win fans. Strange decision by HRT.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2724104)   #73
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234 View Post
What does it gain them? Sakons laptimes are slower than Brunos would have been so it just makes the team look slower than they are which isnt helping them gain sponsors or win fans. Strange decision by HRT.
Its obviously got nothing to do with capability/performance. I imagine that a Sakon's had to have a race as part of the deal he's cut with HRT. When you're running pay drivers under the circumstances HRT are, results are meaningless... its survival that matters.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2724142)   #74
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a real shame, counter to some opinions I have been impressed with Bruno, particularly in Turkey where he held off Glock for ages and in Valencia where he was miles in front of Chandok until Glock (again!) took his nose off.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2724149)   #75
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Its obviously got nothing to do with capability/performance. I imagine that a Sakon's had to have a race as part of the deal he's cut with HRT. When you're running pay drivers under the circumstances HRT are, results are meaningless... its survival that matters.
Surely, unless the need for cash was immediate, it would have better for Yamamoto to have his race in Japan?

Senna regards Silverstone as his second home race. He won in GP2 there and was on the front row more than once in F3.