Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Sep 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3133346)   #51
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
now that IS good news - best news of the week indeed :-)
Old 9 Sep 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3133407)   #52
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congrats to Robert.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3133428)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
Robert has won his comeback race. He did it in style too with a whole bunch of stage wins all the way to his victory at the Ronde Gimitolo Di Lana.

What an inspiration
That's amazing! .
Old 10 Sep 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3133905)   #54
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert Kubica - 3° Ronde Gomitolo di Lana 2012
Old 11 Sep 2012, 01:33 (Ref:3134016)   #55
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
What an inspiration Robert is, just fantastic to see him in a car again..
Old 11 Sep 2012, 01:54 (Ref:3134022)   #56
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
This was the most encouraging footage for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0-lP...eature=related

He is beginning to look like he is properly on the mend.

Hopefully soon!
Old 11 Sep 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3134189)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe Kubica to Ferrari !
Old 11 Sep 2012, 12:18 (Ref:3134190)   #58
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's fantastic to see him back behind the wheel of a car in competitive motorsport. That's the main part for me - he loves his rallying so it's great that he can still do that. However, having watched some of the videos from this weekend, I still don't think F1 is possible. He carries his arm very much like Sandro Nannini does these days - I don't think it's quite as bad but clearly he still has limited movement there (arm and fingers), and while that might improve slightly in the future, it's difficult to see significant progress being made now. As with Nannini, this may be fine for things like rallying and touring cars, but for F1, he would need some kind of adaptation to the car, and while that may be fine for a one-off test, unless he is seriously fast I can't see any teams taking the gamble
Old 11 Sep 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3134232)   #59
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On board footage from Kubica's Subaru from last weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0YiPrcq-0

Impressive stuff!
Old 11 Sep 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3134248)   #60
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I still think F1 is out of the question. Unless he can prove he's got the dexterity in his hands to use the insanely twiddly F1 steering wheels.

FWIW I would love nothing more than to see Kubica/Raikonnen as a driver pairing. But only if Kubica is fully fit to drive the car to the full.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3134502)   #61
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I was kidding, I guess you're totally right.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3137132)   #62
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert crashed again

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comme...ly-San-Martino
Old 17 Sep 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3137283)   #63
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He and his co-driver were un-hurt mind.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3137308)   #64
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Luckly nothing happened.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 06:55 (Ref:3137613)   #65
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uupbY6LTN8Y
Old 18 Sep 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3137790)   #66
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
That was anh... interesting.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3137869)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
He seemed to be doing just fine, then off!
Old 19 Sep 2012, 04:04 (Ref:3138201)   #68
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He seemed to be doing just fine, then off!
Strange looking off, just looked like he drove it into the ditch, albeit with the wheels locked, but no attempt to make the corner?
Old 22 Sep 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3140048)   #69
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Reading online that Robert may be Pirelli's test driver next year. A very good move imo, Pirrelli get a top driver and Robert gets to see if his body is up to it.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3140174)   #70
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a perfect move for all concerned. Kubica gets see whether he can cut it in an F1 car again, and using the car he last raced in F1 too. It gives him experience of the Pirelli tyres, which he hasn't raced on. If it doesn't work out they have di Grassi as a back up until they find someone else. It means Ferrari isn't spending a lot of money getting him to pound round Mugello or Fiorano in an old car with the chance that he won't be able to cut it.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3140184)   #71
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Strange looking off, just looked like he drove it into the ditch, albeit with the wheels locked, but no attempt to make the corner?
Looked a bit like his foot slipped off the brake onto the loud pedal.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3140370)   #72
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Reading online that Robert may be Pirelli's test driver next year. A very good move imo, Pirrelli get a top driver and Robert gets to see if his body is up to it.
That's just the opportunity he needs to see if he can still cut it. I hope he's successful.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 04:02 (Ref:3143524)   #73
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
His winning return:

http://www.auto.it/video/autosprint/...Ronde+Gomitolo
Old 19 Nov 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3168767)   #74
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not that I am surprised but things are looking about finished F1-wise:

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/95476.html
Old 19 Nov 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3168779)   #75
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Not that I am surprised but things are looking about finished F1-wise:

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/95476.html
Sad news!

Thanks Spritle.