Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Apr 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3234043)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's up with Grosjean?

I can't help but wonder what is going on with Grosjean? I know it is early, but is he just too afraid to be aggressive to stay out of trouble? Some suggest the car is better suited for Kimi, but I wouldn't be impressed as a team when it comes to constructor's points.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3234054)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I can't help but wonder what is going on with Grosjean? I know it is early, but is he just too afraid to be aggressive to stay out of trouble? Some suggest the car is better suited for Kimi, but I wouldn't be impressed as a team when it comes to constructor's points.
A little gun shy I think at the moment but it will come good for him I think..
Old 14 Apr 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3234063)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Raikkonen's driving beautifully and things are very competitive so a ninth place finish isn't as disastrous as it might look. I think we need to give things more time, but it does suggest Raikkonen is even more "up to speed" than he seemed at the beginning of 2012.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3234086)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two top seats are being utterly wasted. A Lotus and a McLaren. A great shame.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3234240)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ha ha I wouldn't exactly call the Mclaren a waste of a seat at the moment!

Checo does need to find some time though. Plenty of time fo him to get on it, he was the team's guinea pig today to a degree in any case.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3234246)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Argh, I don't know. I wasn't impressed when McLaren signed him. This guy is filling the shoes of Hamilton, he simply has to be top notch and Perez is probably a rung below.

I want him to do well as he seems a nice chap, but...
Old 14 Apr 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3234254)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes me too, but tyre loving Sauber or not, you have to be seriously good to do what he did in some of those races last year?

Having said that, Kovy looked mega in the Enstone before he signed for mclaren only to largely flop, so I hope history isn't repeating itself
Old 14 Apr 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3234257)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gross Levi has only had one good year, and thatw as last year ina car built wround Robert and him! And he wasted a lot of it hitting people!

This year the car is clearly better for Kimi, he is far easier on the tyres and is getting the most from it.

Grosjean is clearly not able to adapt as well, though still shows good pace, much like Perez I doubt he is doing anything much than keeping a seat warm on this form, but we will see.

I think Hulk, maybe Ricciardo and Bianchi would perhaps be contenders looking to poach either seat!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3234298)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Two top seats are being utterly wasted. A Lotus and a McLaren. A great shame.
It's not that bad David, although Sergio Perez today was out of his depth, or the car is just rubbish..
Old 15 Apr 2013, 02:41 (Ref:3234336)   #10
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Romain and seems I am to blame for his poor performances to date. Still too early to panic but does appear to be lost a little bit with this years car.

No doubt he was falttered by Kimi coming to grips with the 2012 car at times. But his quali and race pace at times were clear and I am left wondering what a win woudl have done to his confidence? He seems too nice to be able to shake off the fluff around him late in the year
Old 15 Apr 2013, 11:52 (Ref:3234577)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

But Grosjean did a great job in Sepang when the car wasn't quite there, did he not?

Consistency is required as i don't think we need to be concerned about his spees.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 13:01 (Ref:3234641)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I wouldn't say he showed Kimi a clean pair of heels in Malaysia, but they were more equal.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 14:13 (Ref:3234675)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I think the car is better suited for Kimi.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3234677)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
But Grosjean did a great job in Sepang when the car wasn't quite there, did he not?
Indeed. He overhauled and beat his team-mate, but strangely no one started a "What's up with Kimi?" thread after that race.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3234679)   #15
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love this. He gets criticised for crashing, now he's stopped crashing people are asking what's up with him...

(tongue firmly in cheek )
Old 15 Apr 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3234694)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I love this. He gets criticised for crashing, now he's stopped crashing people are asking what's up with him...

(tongue firmly in cheek )
Now wait if he starts winning !
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3237540)   #17
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Rubbish. Got beat by his teammate again.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3237547)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Rubbish. Got beat by his teammate again.

Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3237584)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Exception that proves the rule.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 02:59 (Ref:3237665)   #20
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They did say during the race today that Grosjean was rumoured to be on a short term performance based contract for every three races. Did anyone hear that comment also? Coulthard's commentary partner said it...whatshisname. So most definitely something is up with him.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3237693)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He drove well in Bahrain & hopefully from now on he is closer to Kimi - he should be, Romain can drive!
Old 22 Apr 2013, 09:58 (Ref:3237799)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
who would they replace grosjean with though, davide valsecchi?! and with the utmost respect to jerome, he's not really going to bring it to kimi is he? out of those three grosjean has by far the best chance of winning a race.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3237911)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Maybe a retired F1 Champion ???
Old 22 Apr 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3237913)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
webber to renault, er, lotus?
Old 22 Apr 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3237914)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Maybe a retired F1 Champion ???
They've been keeping the seat warm for Webber for years, but he hasn't sealed the championship.

J "I hate F1 now but still earn my crust from it" V?
Nigel "when did I say I'd retired (apart from during those tantrums)" Mansell?

Re: the question, not a lot. It's just that Raikkonen is really, really good.