Clothing and official merchandise 37 26.43%
Art and photography 60 42.86%
Genuine race memorabilia 49 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Aug 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2529584)   #76
M0T0RSP0RTDAN
Rookie

M0T0RSP0RTDAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahh, heres where i must be able to introduce myself !

(First off id like to let you all know the lengthy process i went to to try and join this forum, creating 3 new email accounts with various email services till i found one this site would accept ! )

Okay, so im Dan, im 17, and a huuuuge birtish motorsport fan. Started when i was about 5 going to my local race track (Thruxton) and watching the BTCC back in its 'super touring' days with the likes of James Thompson, Muller, Menu, &co whizzing round the track, the smell, the noise and the action got me hooked. I later got into Formula One watching it on Tv, and im pretty much intrested in anything else british motorsport related (not really a fan of nascar or indie) I regulary visit thruxton, recently been to see the trucks and my brother is a BARC marshall

So here i am, on what looks like the most active popular motorsport forum on the net relishing the chance to chat to others about all things motorsport !
Old 28 Aug 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2529821)   #77
Megan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leicester, England
Megan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0T0RSP0RTDAN View Post
the smell, the noise and the action got me hooked.
It's easy to understand how the smell got you hooked. Burning rubber and petrol is the most gorgeous smell Definitely my favourite!

And also, welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie myself as well
Old 28 Aug 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2529827)   #78
M0T0RSP0RTDAN
Rookie

M0T0RSP0RTDAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post
It's easy to understand how the smell got you hooked. Burning rubber and petrol is the most gorgeous smell Definitely my favourite!

And also, welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie myself as well
haha, thanks, welcome to you too!
Old 6 Sep 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2535261)   #79
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan
I joined this forum, other than my obvious love for all things with four wheels and an engine, is because I’m admittedly the odd-one-out in my group of friends at school. Absolutely none of them have any interest whatsoever in cars, and none of them seem to appreciate my obsession with them either. It’s not the nicest situation to be in when you get back to school on a Monday morning and all you want to talk about is the previous weekend’s racing So, this is the reason you find me here, simply to meet some like-minded people and hopefully make some good friends.

I enjoy a wide range of music, I like to draw and I also love photography. I only wish I could be better at it myself
I hear you on all counts. I am male, but I lived through exactly the same scenario as this. A life of being the lone motorsport enthusiast (well, my Dad introduced me to it at an age so young I can never remember not liking it, but his interest is only at a "consistently 'dedicated casual F1' level"). I have lived a life whereby the only escape from the solitude has been the internet (with race meet attendance being incredibly rare, due to growing up in the middle of rural nowhere in Scotland). As of December 2004, I have been living in Alberta, Canada: this means some local dirt motorsport, but a zillion miles from the nearest major event (with the exception of the Edmonton IRL race - 3 hours north).

I have a niece who has been due to pop out of her maternal one since the 3rd of this month. I have been trying to work out how I can get her into motorsport. I figure I need to get the bug in early, given the societal pressures against females being into motorsport (it is not like there are that many males, in the grand scheme!). Have you got any suggestions?

[I am taking the (not so) huge leap of faith that the username "Megan" means you are female.]

It is getting irritating being alone watching, and going to, race meets alone. It would be nice to have some company.

Last edited by Dutton; 6 Sep 2009 at 12:19.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2535349)   #80
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Welcome to the new guys. Dutton and Megan, I share your pain. Nobody I know likes motor racing. Though I have a young daughter and I'm working on her.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 00:23 (Ref:2536814)   #81
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Though I have a young daughter and I'm working on her.
Be careful. I introduced my son to cars and motor racing and now he's working in F1. Well, he did say he wanted to do something with his hands and carpentry seemed a bit dull.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2537247)   #82
Megan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leicester, England
Megan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
I hear you on all counts. I am male, but I lived through exactly the same scenario as this. A life of being the lone motorsport enthusiast (well, my Dad introduced me to it at an age so young I can never remember not liking it, but his interest is only at a "consistently 'dedicated casual F1' level"). I have lived a life whereby the only escape from the solitude has been the internet (with race meet attendance being incredibly rare, due to growing up in the middle of rural nowhere in Scotland). As of December 2004, I have been living in Alberta, Canada: this means some local dirt motorsport, but a zillion miles from the nearest major event (with the exception of the Edmonton IRL race - 3 hours north).

I have a niece who has been due to pop out of her maternal one since the 3rd of this month. I have been trying to work out how I can get her into motorsport. I figure I need to get the bug in early, given the societal pressures against females being into motorsport (it is not like there are that many males, in the grand scheme!). Have you got any suggestions?

[I am taking the (not so) huge leap of faith that the username "Megan" means you are female.]

It is getting irritating being alone watching, and going to, race meets alone. It would be nice to have some company.
Yes, indeed my very imaginative username does mean that I am female

As for the suggestions to get your niece interested in motorsport, I'm not too sure to be honest. None of my family members or anyone I know got me into motorsport, I just found out about it for myself and the interest grew from there, so I'm not particularly clued up about that really. I suppose just letting her sit and play in a room with some form of motorsport on the TV could help. If she sees it regularly, she may perhaps start showing an interest. Perhaps you could set yourself a challenge of getting her first word to be 'car' . When she's older there will be a lot more ways to get her into motorsport, but for now I can't really think of that many. Good luck with it though
Old 16 Sep 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2542374)   #83
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all
I have been on this forum for a while but here's my intro!...

My name is Liam and i'm from Maidstone in Kent. As the username suggests, I spend my weekends spectating at the brilliant Brands Hatch (find me at paddock hill bend!!)

I am currently studying for my A-levels in sociology, psychology and geography.

I have watched F1 on TV for as long as i can remember and got into motorsport 'for real' when i first went to Brands Hatch around 7 years ago. Since then i have been 'addicted' to anything motorsport related. I enjoy every type of 4 wheel motorsport, everything from A1GP to Mini's!

I struggle to not talk about motorsport however none of my immediate family have any interest in it and nor do any of my mates, so thats why i joined ten-tenths, to meet equally minded people and talk about the sport i enjoy so much!

I am an amateur Motorsport photographer and i would love to become a professional photographer as a career in the future (we can all dream!! )

Thats about it!

Liam
Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2763489)   #84
CKM
Rookie

CKM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought i'd use this as my first post!

I've been a casual reading of this forum for a few years but never got around to signing up and posting. I'm more of a reader than a poster.

I'm in my later thirties and have been watching motorsport since I was very young, my dad got me into F1 and later I really got into BTCC (around 89 on Grandstand then race meetings in 94). Unfortunatley going trackside is now a rare treat due to having 4 kids and no time (or money)

My biggest passion is collecting 1/43 BTCC models (now stands at 168 diecast or built kits) and collecting photo's is a secondary hobby. I used to collect Rally and LeMans cars but they have now all gone now to concentrate on BTCC. Now I have all the general release models I have got into making kits or converting models to fill in some of the gaps (with a little help from some friends on this forum)
Old 23 Sep 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2763510)   #85
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKM View Post
Now I have all the general release models I have got into making kits or converting models to fill in some of the gaps (with a little help from some friends on this forum)
Welcome to ten-tenths

Any chance of showing us some of the kits and/or conversions? I assume they're 1/43 scale? I've never plucked up the courage to build a 1/43 kit from scratch (I have built a few in 1/24 though).
Old 23 Sep 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2763518)   #86
CKM
Rookie

CKM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks

Here is a link to my Flickr page with all the models on (bar the last 2 I have recently bought)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2837212...7607220392687/

this includes the kits and conversions (some better than others!)
Old 23 Sep 2010, 13:15 (Ref:2763527)   #87
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Excellent I'll take a look......
Old 13 Apr 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2862950)   #88
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ah - an intro thread....

First race I went to: 1969 BOAC 500 ; and I've always liked sportscars best. Saw the 917s at Brands and went to most International UK races until the debris fencing went up. Oh, and saw the 1973 Spa 100kms, too. And I loved the F1 'turbo era'. Le Mans in the 936 / 956 days.

Collected Solido models way back then, then Minichamps DTM. These days, space limitations have led me to just put together a 1/18 Senna collection. Plus books, always. Lots. I really enjoy browsing my Autocourses.

Gave up on Autosport when it got a bit 'comic-y' for me in the 90s ( I used to like knowing everything that went on in every race ). Now, the only one I have on subscription is Motor Sport ( and Auto Hebdo to help with my French.... )

That's it. An Armchair Man from 'way back
Old 28 May 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2887219)   #89
Lin1876
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Lin1876 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK. My name is John, I am 16 (17 soon), and I live in Glasgow, Scotland. I will watch almost anything involving cars going round in circles, but there's a depressing lack of that on Freeview. I've been following F1 since 2002, and the BTCC since around 2008. I followed the GP2 series until that moved to Eurosport, and the WRC until it went to ESPN.

I've only ever been to Knockhill, but I go several times a year. My first event was in 2006, can't remember what it was though. I've been to the BTCC every year since at Knockhill.

I rely on the Internet for most of my motorsports coverage, but I occasionally buy F1 Racing and AutoSport when the mood takes me. I don't collect much stuff (I know it's heresy, but I view most of it as worthless tat) beyond yearbooks. I have a passing interest in slot cars, but a lack of space and money stops me from developing that interest too far. I do like racing games though, and I bought my Xbox 360 almost entirely for that purpose.
Old 29 May 2011, 00:33 (Ref:2887307)   #90
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm Nicky, also from Glasgow in Scotland. 17.. almost legal... damnit.

Been interested in cars and fast things since a very young age. Some of my earliest memories involve playing with toy cars, watching motorsport on the telly, drawing cars, all that good stuff I remember recreating Monaco out of VHS tapes during the '99 race. Real nice sunny day outside that day, I had the living room to myself, my dad was probably trying to sus out how to use the dial-up in an other room..

My Playstation got me even more into cars, Formula 1 '97. What a game. Then came '98, '99, 2000... Then ToCA introduced me to Touring Cars, Le Mans 24H into Sportscar Racing, and so on. A lot of my interest in motorsport was from driving the cars in games.

Joining 10-Tenths in 2005 was equally good for my interest in all things fast. Sure, I was an immature 12 year old who annoyed everyone on the forums, but I learned so much from just reading stuff.

Then when it came to school (the important bit where you pick stuff), and I had realised that I was probably not gonna make it as a driver, I picked my subjects with a future in engineering in mind, and now i've completed Advanced Highers in Maths, Physics and Graphic Design. Going to Glasgow University to study Mechanical Engineering

So, cheers 10-Tenths! Thanks for the past six years, and thanks for helping me focus my interests!
Old 29 May 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2887809)   #91
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well iam andy, iam 29,from cheshire, iam a business manager for a bank during the week, iam a motorsport marshal at weekend, based at oulton and anglesey circuits but do all over, will be at f1 in a few weeks, been doin that for nearly 8 years and love it, still livin at home as its to expensive in the real world. love my xbox and away from motorsport huge widnes vikings rugby fan and liverpool fc fan
Old 25 Jun 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2905958)   #92
Ben H
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ben H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all, I'm Ben, I'm 27, and thought I would introduce myself to this forum. I've been a long time reader of these forums, and always very impressed by the standard of debate here - I've always thought forum discussion should be more akin to banter and chat down the pub then some of the more agressive discussion I see on other forums, but I have to say it seems more civil here! I always wanted to join up and start posting but misfortunately until last year I was completing a PhD, and if I had a free moment its unfinished state usually nagged me to go back to work! But here I am now....

I've been a pretty insatible fan of the sport since I was 7! Unfortunately it wasn't through an at track experience, but flicking on BBC2 during the 1991 British Grand Prix, Very much brought up on the tail end of the Senna/Mansell/Prost/Piquet era (and very disappointed by the refuelling/Schumacher era which came after) I'm delighted that Formula One seems to be returning to much of the spirit of that era, in my view. I've been fortunate since to see a fair bit of motorsport live, nothing beats it! Formula One, BTCC, Festival of Speed (going back there next week so climbing the walls with excitement!), although for pure chaotic racing, nothing beats seeing the Metros at Kirkstown or the Clios at Donnington! I was very fortunate to see Prost and Senna race live, in 1993, still pinch myself when I see the photos!

I've was always a big reader, so have always had a keen interest in the excellent writing about the sport, and have followed some of things said about it in Armchair Enthusiast! I used to devour Autosport, Motor Sport and the wonderful full of text Motoring News (and still like reading over the old mags today!) and after a few depressing moments with the varying states of the mags over the years now have a great time reading Motor Sport, Grand Prix Plus, and would be a big fan of Mike Lawrence's columns on Pitpass as well. Probably like many would be the biggest fan of Nigel Roebuck, and was a bit more starstruck than I (tried to) let on when I was fortunate enough to meet him and have a brief chat at the Motor Sport Hall of Fame this year (was there as a competition winner, great night).

I've even crazily tried to emulate some of the great writers (and failed), I've now started my own blog, Motoring Views (although a very busy internship I was doing meant there was a two month gap between the second and third posts......I have a lot to learn about good writing skills ). Now that I can find a bit more time I'd love to have a look at getting into marshalling, it's such an important thing! I'm sure I will find lots of information on this forum to help!

So thanks for letting me join the forum, I hope I will be a good contributor, when I have something to say!
Old 27 Jun 2011, 01:48 (Ref:2906631)   #93
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably should have done this sooner. Hi, my name is Mike aka: ujoint. I have been following the racing scene for a long time. My primary interests are open wheel F1 and Indycar in that order, with interest in there respective sub-divisions. My secondary interests are in the le mans style and sports car series racing and that is trending to be my primary interest. The tenths forum I have been following for several years and signed on in 2009 just to follow the 24Hours of Le Mans and have stayed around ever since. The most informed enthusiasts of motorsport I have ever associated with reside on this forum. Really fun chat and race day posting. What I like most about this forum is just when I think I know a lot about something I am soon reminded that I don't and that turns out to true more often than not. A great bunch of folks here from all over the world. Those who put this one together did a great job. I have lived in Europe and have been to many F1 races in Germany and the 24Heures du Mans race in France. I am an American and have been to more races than God normally allows including the biggies i.e. Indy500, NASCAR everywhere, F1 at the Glenn and Indy and Motorcycle this and that. I most definitely am not an expert on any of them and will promise not to sound like one.
Hobbies, got a few. Motorcycles, Photography, Webmaster, Computers, Motorsports, Internet chat Justin, chatango, and here (IRC) on racing subjects and american pro football only. Ok that probably is enough. Glad to have been welcomed aboard and look forward to a long stay. Thanks for putting up with my drivel. Mike
Old 28 Feb 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3032484)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, has no-one new visited Armchair since June 2011?
Old 1 Mar 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3033657)   #95
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it seems to be the case...any ideas ?
Old 1 Mar 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3033686)   #96
Livery
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver Canada
Livery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Longtime member but a rare poster.
My name is Mark...40ish...lol

I have a blog that I post to now and then, but it has been some time.
racingtocollect.blogspot.com

I fell in love with motorsports at a very early age, as the blog points out concerning my first diecast, a Gordon Johncock Corji Indy Car. and have been an avid follower of older Indycar and the Cart or Champcar era, and a regular poster on crapwagon.com...mostly in the livery design category.

My love for Formula 1 started the day I turned the channel and saw the Jones and Villeneuve dual in Montreal in 1979...fell in love with the Ferrari scarlet red and the 312t4 that day...and to this day still record the qualifing and races, first on the VHS tapes and now the PVR.

A collector of diecast from 1:64 to 1:18...about 50 or 60. About a year ago I really started building my Autocourse collection, and always on the hunt for that special deal. I have a number of biographies and autobiographies of drivers and teams...Nigel Roebuck's Gilles Villeneuve driver profile #4 is my most prized book. I also started a scrapbook a number of years ago, with pages designated for teams and their car each year...its pretty cool.

My mancave in the basement is starting to come together with many prints from Jim Swintal (http://www.jimswintal.com/) and other sources and hopeing to add a drivers helmet to the collection.

Thats all for now...see you in the forums.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3034454)   #97
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I have just spent 30 mins posting my life story only to find I was't logged-in. Oh er missus!

Anyhoo...... My name is Andy and you may have noticed I have been posting willy-nilly on all manner of things, usuall without checking my facts first. You'll get used to that.

My user-name may give you the clue that I am a Norvicensian who lives in Ulster - about 200 yards from Newtownards Town Hall, on the old Ards TT route. I can drive most of it whenever I want.Kirkistown is only a few miles away, bur racing is not allowed on Suns and I work on Sat afternoons. Hey ho.

I have followed our sport since a baby,watching on black and white TV - Boxing-Day Brands, Sat afternoons with clubbies, autotests, trials etc..Wed nights was Sportsnight and they often had some motor sport, especially the Monte - it always seemed to snow back then.

I was taken to Snetterton when I was 12 for the Lombank International and I was hooked.From the age of 14 I cycled there on my 3-speed bike - 18 miles took 1.5 hours. Usually just the clubbies since that was all I could afford.I subscribed to Motor, and started reading Motor Sport when I found one in the stationery cupboard at school - 1958 German GP report with DSJ, and I've been buying them ever since.

I've never raced,rallied or marshalled.Just the armchair stuff.After buying a laptop I discovered e-bay. The house is coming down with books,mags,programmes and dinky toys. The loft has crates of 1/43rd models (a real money-loser) and unmade Airfix kits.Real bargains though - I got a 1st ed Sheldon/Rabagliati vol 6 for £40 ,no other bidders.

Because I can't let go of the past my favourite era is the 50s /60s, but it does appear that the majority of forum members are younger than me, since most posts are about the 70s onwards.For me the great sports-car races of the 50s are terrific; bigname drivers, real manufacturers, and cars that looked something like those you could buy. And the privateers who hauled their cars in old coaches over Alpine passes at 20mph for a bit of starting money - happy days.

I watch F1 on Sky+ so I can fast-forward the preamble and the yellow-flag stuff, but I still sometimes fall asleep. There is noise and spectacle, but it's all so clinical.I will never accept that sport can be owned by anyone. Don't get me started. And all the one-make racing in clubbies is great for the drivers but leaves me cold.

So there we are - more from the oldies please.Oh, and if you don't know about them, have a look at the "A gentleman's motor racing diary" Dvd's dirt cheap at Amazon and totally enthralling.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3099034)   #98
59Impala
Rookie

United Kingdom
59Impala should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt that anyone will read this but here's some stuff about me. Real name is Paul, like the last poster I'm getting on a bit as I'm 57. I've always been into cars and motorsport, my mother tells me that my third word after mum and dad was 'car'! And it's been a slippery slope ever since. My local circuit is Brands and I've been going there since January 1968 when I was the tender age of 13. At least these days I don't have to rely on catching a Green line bus from Eltham High Street which I did until I passed my test in 1972 and got my first set of wheels, a 1962 Anglia 105E.

Today I own a 1959 Chevrolet Impala and a 1959 Anglia 105E, both are fun although the Impala is somewhat quicker! I also collect model cars and the house is groaning under them plus books, magazines etc.

So if you see a black Impala or a yellow and white Anglebox, come and say hello.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3099211)   #99
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
I doubt that anyone will read this but here's some stuff about me. Real name is Paul, like the last poster I'm getting on a bit as I'm 57. I've always been into cars and motorsport, my mother tells me that my third word after mum and dad was 'car'! And it's been a slippery slope ever since. My local circuit is Brands and I've been going there since January 1968 when I was the tender age of 13. At least these days I don't have to rely on catching a Green line bus from Eltham High Street which I did until I passed my test in 1972 and got my first set of wheels, a 1962 Anglia 105E.

Today I own a 1959 Chevrolet Impala and a 1959 Anglia 105E, both are fun although the Impala is somewhat quicker! I also collect model cars and the house is groaning under them plus books, magazines etc.

So if you see a black Impala or a yellow and white Anglebox, come and say hello.
Welcome to 10 Tenths, Paul !
Old 27 Jun 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3099213)   #100
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
HI all im Joe, and I Race in the V8 Develpoments series here in Aus. looking forward to learning more about other racing series on here.