Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Apr 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2665100)   #51
rallyxdamo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
rallyxdamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dozer View Post
so any word on the forum i couldn't make it due to work commitments . . . . .so what went down any big changes in the bag for next year ?
The only thing went down was a few pints. The meeting was a joke.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2665163)   #52
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So people sat for 60/120 minutes in silence then everyone headed to the duke ?

Or is anyone going to enlighten me ?

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2665387)   #53
murf
Rookie

Ireland
talafornia
murf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
forum

well a few things,the committee got a roasting over the loss of the brc round from all the people at the meeting and john morris from mondello,mondello will look at having soom rounds during the summer if we can organise to help clean the track,entry fees will be looked at,16v stockhatch might run in their own heats if there is enough of them,all classes will have a rep at meetings,im the stockhatch rep,michael coyne is mod rep,tommy graham is supercar rep but i dident catch who was doing it for the juniors,driver conduct across all classes is going to be overseen by the same 2 to 4 people at all the events.some other stuff might come back to me,oh motorsport ireland have a talking tree,it sounds just like tom kirwin
Old 6 Apr 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2667797)   #54
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
pgrogan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyxdamo View Post
The only thing went down was a few pints. The meeting was a joke.
You must have been at a different meeting so.

I personally felt, as long as everything is carried through, it was one of the best open forums to ever be held. Certainly the most productive (eventually).

As regards the class reps, it was my understanding that it ended up as the following:

Stockhatch - Keith Murphy
Supercar - Tommy Graham
Modified - Willie Farrell
Junior - Eddie Kinirons

Well done to those who put themselves forward as class rep and best of luck with it.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2667854)   #55
rallyxdamo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
[QUOTE=pgrogan;2667797]You must have been at a different meeting so.

I personally felt, as long as everything is carried through, it was one of the best open forums to ever be held. Certainly the most productive (eventually).

I was at the same meeting. I agree, if everything is carried through it was a success, but how many of them do you expect to happen? If you think (We'll look into it) as the answer too most suggestions as productive then don't expect much. I suppose you got a half hearted appoligy for Eddie. Well done.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2667895)   #56
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
pgrogan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=rallyxdamo;2667854]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrogan View Post
You must have been at a different meeting so.

I was at the same meeting. I agree, if everything is carried through it was a success, but how many of them do you expect to happen? If you think (We'll look into it) as the answer too most suggestions as productive then don't expect much. I suppose you got a half hearted appoligy for Eddie. Well done.
True.. very true... But in fairness.. In the end they actually did committ themselves to alot. No one was satisfied with the 'we'll look into it' attitude and by the end they were openly saying 'we'll do it'.

The fact that there is class reps gives the competitor a much louder voice which means there will be much more pressure on the committee to act on their promises.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2667898)   #57
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrogan View Post

True.. very true... But in fairness.. In the end they actually did committ themselves to alot. No one was satisfied with the 'we'll look into it' attitude and by the end they were openly saying 'we'll do it'.

The fact that there is class reps gives the competitor a much louder voice which means there will be much more pressure on the committee to act on their promises.
Tend to agree, its very easy to tell people youll do something if there is nobody to report back to or oversee what has been requested. At least with the rep's they will follow up accordingly.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 6 Apr 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2667900)   #58
rallyxdamo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
[QUOTE=pgrogan;2667895]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyxdamo View Post

They have commited to alot in the past and done very little. Drivers rep or not, who consulted with Keith Murphy last year, he was suppose to be stockhatch rep and gave up asking for info.

PS. This grippe of mine is not against the commity as a whole. Most know who its against.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2667949)   #59
hubahuba
Rookie

hubahuba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
well a few things,the committee got a roasting over the loss of the brc round from all the people at the meeting and john morris from mondello,mondello will look at having soom rounds during the summer if we can organise to help clean the track,entry fees will be looked at,16v stockhatch might run in their own heats if there is enough of them,all classes will have a rep at meetings,im the stockhatch rep,michael coyne is mod rep,tommy graham is supercar rep but i dident catch who was doing it for the juniors,driver conduct across all classes is going to be overseen by the same 2 to 4 people at all the events.some other stuff might come back to me,oh motorsport ireland have a talking tree,it sounds just like tom kirwin
Just my 10 cents worth,,, but I attended and the above is a fair summary of the main points discussed at the meeting......however.....it was difficult at times to hear everything mainly because of a lack of a p/a system and a poorly laid out room,...and the amount of times that i did hear "we`ll look into that",.....but what i didn`t hear especially from the committee chair was encouragement, enthusiasm and a thought process to build the Irish RX Championship the best that it can be, because all of the ideas and suggestions came from the floor !,....lets hope the follow up meeting (July i think ?) will help everyone from organizer, competitor and spectator alike,......