Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 30 Nov 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2797899)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
SBF's 4 in a Month

Ok this circuit has not named so for this thread shall be known as "The first one".

I had this brewing anyway, but since we are now trying to get more going I'll submit this in the condition that it is. You'll just have to imagine the rest of the grandstands, a few more trees and details on the pit garages.

There are 4 variations as shown below, all operate in a clockwise direction.
Attached Thumbnails
26_11 short.jpg   26_11 North.jpg   26_11 South.jpg  

26_11 Full.jpg   26_11 Top.jpg   26_11 Angle.jpg  

Old 2 Dec 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2798796)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The first one only seems to have attracted Tumbleweed, lets see what happens with this one done in slightly different way using Sketch up 8.

Cobbinshaw raceway is on the shores of Cobbinshaw Reservoir in Lanarkshire in Central Scotland. (55'48"37N, 3'34"36W). I live just over 3 miles away in a straight line... but getting there would be anything but a straight line.

Measuring 5.664 km or 3.54 miles, the circuit runs anticlockwise with the back straight running parallel with a railway line that separates the circuit from the water.
Unlike most of my designs the circuit is 14.5 metres wide all the way around.

The railway line is the Edinburgh branch line of the UK rail Network's West Coast Main Line, The Split happening just a few miles South at Carstairs Junction. If the circuit were to be build there would be no difficulties in adding it's own station near the circuit.

As usual Comments Criticisms and possible edits are welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
2_12 outline top.jpg   2_12 Top View scenic.jpg   2_12 dimensions.jpg  

2_12 last corner.jpg   2_12 fr end view.jpg  
Old 2 Dec 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2798810)   #3
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first one is very nice. Very smooth and a few overtaking spots.

the second one sounds like an ideal location for a circuit, would be very idealic too it would appear.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2798816)   #4
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I really like Cobbinshaw.
Thats one effective circuit and looks really good. Scotland needs a decent raceway....now it could have one!
Great work

What programme is it drawn in?
Old 2 Dec 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2798818)   #5
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Truth be told it's in the back of beyond, High up on moorland. What trees were cut down twice as any would need to be planted to stop the noise carrying for miles and miles.

Teretonga: It's done using Google Sketch Up 8, I downloaded the latest version last night. The whole thing was done today. The new geo-location tool works better for me than the previous capture from Google Earth. I'll probably be using it more often.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2798842)   #6
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reverse the track direction and put the pitlane to the other side and it's fins

Now, jokes aside, I like this one like I usually like your tracks - a lot. The turn sequence after the back straight is one of the finest I'e ever seen i guess.

Congrats!

bio
Old 3 Dec 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2798893)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The first one isn't bad, but it doesn't grab me either.

This second one, however, is excellent. It really all fits together, and there are a good number of sweeping turns. This latest one also doesn't seem overly complicated.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 03:28 (Ref:2798927)   #8
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cobbinshaw is the best circuit you have put toghether since a while, IMHO, iooks very very interesting! 5 stars
Old 18 Dec 2010, 22:42 (Ref:2806137)   #9
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Here is the third of this months efforts. If I'm honest I've hidden a pretty average design within what is supposed to represent a multi use venue. The rowing area in my fictional world has previously held world championships. The reservoir on the right is much larger and capable of holding International level "short course sailing" events (if indeed there are such things).

These two factors go some way to explain the overwhelming infrastructure, that took me so long to do.

Of the circuit itself...
Clockwise
6.557 km or 4.098 miles

There is a seldom used short circuit which measures 4.008 km or 2.505 miles.

Images Show
The Top View,
The first Corner
the 4th corner viewed from above the man made rowing lake.
The Pond Loop
The final Corner
Lastly the start of the F1 style Helicopter shot of the circuit as it come in over the Reservoir dam.
Attached Thumbnails
9_12 Top View.jpg   9_12 1st corner.jpg   9_12 4th corner.jpg  

9_12 Pond Loop.jpg   9_12 last Corner.jpg   9_12 Dam.jpg  

Old 18 Dec 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2806157)   #10
bio
Veteran

Hungary
I don't think i would have guessed it's your design if you didn't tell... But I'm glad to see something diffeent from you not as if your 'usual" stuff wasn't great - it's just always good to see the "other side"

This one seems a pretty fast one. The section around the lake is simply awesome!

bio

PS: Isn't there a rule that there cannot be aything going above "international level" rowing and kayak/canoe courses? I vaguely recall something like this...
Old 18 Dec 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2806158)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Isn't there a rule that there cannot be aything going above "international level" rowing and kayak/canoe courses? I vaguely recall something like this...
I have no idea but as it was a fantasy World Championship I get to make the rules

Oh and here is the Sketch-up file
Attached Files
File Type: skp 9_12.skp (1.57 MB, 1 views)

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 19 Dec 2010 at 00:01.
Old 19 Dec 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2806244)   #12
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Most definitely

bio
Old 19 Dec 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2806343)   #13
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, SBF, the flow of this racetrack besides the kayak course is tremenduous. Marvellous. But with all the water nearby, how could the circuit not have a great flow? That may sound silly, but the track would deserve the name The Flow.

Cobbinshaw is a real beauty, too.

You've currently got a great run going with your 4-in-a-month designs. Kudos!

I'm looking forward to the next one.
Old 20 Dec 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2806531)   #14
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
I like this track, is different, as bio pointed out, Im afraid it will be a very difficult one to overtake, it's just raw speed and bravery!!!
Old 21 Dec 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2806867)   #15
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Dunno, I see overtaking opportunities here.

bio
Old 21 Dec 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2806968)   #16
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Funny I thought this was more of a bike circuit with lots of overtaking for bikes. T1, T3, T4, T7 and the final corner.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 01:38 (Ref:2807204)   #17
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
don't get me wrong, there are overtaking spots, but the track is fast and with speed comes respect
Old 24 Dec 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2808121)   #18
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Have a great Christmas

In keeping with Bio's post in his thread, here is my 4th of the month.
Attached Thumbnails
9_12 Coloured.jpg  
Old 25 Dec 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2808364)   #19
bio
Veteran

Hungary
This one's the winner!

bio
Old 30 Dec 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2809576)   #20
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I'll post a proper 4th circuit tomorrow though it won't be finished unless I get all day in front of the PC...which won't happen.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2809802)   #21
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Working to a dead-line so more details if more time available...with that all said here is a proper 4th of the month.

Just-in-time raceway runs Clockwise for a distance of 5.623 km or 3.514 miles if you prefer. It has 14 corners as I've counted them, including a sequence of 3 left handers (T2,3 &4) followed immediately by a long duel radius right hander (named T5 and 6).
The T7 & T8 chicane leads into a stadium section consisting of of a sequence of corners that are a tip of the hat to real life corners in Vallelunga, (though I humbly think I've improved on them ) T9 and T10 form the esses with the left handed T11 exiting the stadium.
The run to the T12 hairpin is 640m so should get overtaking for most series. With the return to the penultimate T13 being 340m.
The final corner leads onto the 860m S/F straight.
Attached Thumbnails
27_12 top view.jpg   27_12 T3 and Chicane.jpg   27_12 Stadium in.jpg  

27_12 Stadium Out.jpg   27_12 Hairpin.jpg   27_12 Final Corner.jpg  

Old 31 Dec 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2809811)   #22
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
This would be a rarity for you, I consider this a technical circuit, almost scientifically designed with nice geometric "spaniard" corners..I LOVE IT! looks great for a GP or SBK/SS race and pretty safe too!!
Old 31 Dec 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2809812)   #23
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I hadn't intended it to be the case, but there is hardly a fast corner on the circuit, it's all slow or medium speed stuff.

Definitely not an F1 circuit, but I agree MotoGP, and Superbike would have a ball on it.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2809886)   #24
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Well, this one looks just like a cartoon-figure, like a funny ghost, for example But, also, it's the kind of mix - of fast and technical sections - I like a lot.

bio
Old 1 Jan 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2809888)   #25
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Strange - while it reminds Luiggi of Spanish tracks, I find them much more Japanese-style.

bio