Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 May 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3407328)   #176
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure about the new point system and reversed grid, but at least there's no success ballast (yet)

But race 1 was enjoyable, I liked it. Race 2 was more fair, but also more boring and similar to past seasons with the TTA/TCTA cars. These show tricks (reversed grids etc.) are needed to make it interesting these days. Very fun too see these new guys (and girl) really help themselves out on track, nice stuff. But we need more cars! Would love to see Jan Magnussen, Jocke Mangs etc. out there.

Rallycross, I felt it was a breath of fresh air. But then I'm also a rallycross lover. I also liked the television broadcast, even if the commentators are a pain. Live stream for us hardcore fans and highlights for television is a good package in my opinion.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3416536)   #177
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STCC at Goteborg street race live stream: http://www.svtplay.se/video/2094350/motor-stcc-goteborg
Old 28 Jul 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3439214)   #178
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jan ”Flash” Nilsson has tested a Saab 9-3 for Team Tidö and confirms that he is considering a return to the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3440718)   #179
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not excactly the right topic for my question, but the Trackside section is kinda dead...

I just recently bought both Friday and Saturday tickets to Solvalla STCC&RallyX event. Never been there or in any Swedish motorsport event before. There was no information about gate policies either on STCC homepage or Biljettforum.

So, what are the gate policies concerning as follows

- DSLR cameras
- Umbrellas (many tracks around the world restrict umbrellas if you have a grandstand seat)
- Alcoholic beverages (don't worry, I'm not going to switch to an AWD mode as too many Finns do in Stockholm. Neither I'm gonna wear some stupid 2011: 6-1 T-shirt. If only there was an alternative for standing in a queue before being robbed with some generic lager)
Old 3 Aug 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3441147)   #180
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
So, what are the gate policies concerning as follows
–*No restrictions on cameras as long as you keep in spectator areas.
–*No restrictions on umbrellas other than if you use it in the grandstands, people around you might get upset.
–*Alcoholic beverages (beer) are sold on site (max 3.5%, although some tracks have permission for more)
Old 31 Aug 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3449287)   #181
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Went down to my local Every year fair, not expecting much. But there in the middle was Team Brovallen with their KIA Solution F car and I had the chance to talk to the "Team-Cordinator" and the one and only - Linus Ohlsson. Talked much about everything regarding the car, his year at Volvo and type of driving styles. He is a really friendly bloke, who also gave me a signed cap!

Still kinda dissappointed about the Mitjet 2.0L thing. There is a need for a ScandinavianTCC!
Old 1 Sep 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3449446)   #182
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WCR BMW with a 4th car at Solvalla: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...g-at-solvalla/

I'm impressed they are able to feild a 4th car after the rumors that they where in financial problems after BMW decreased their support in the team for this season, when it looked like they would only get 2 cars on the grid. I'm guessing the good results this year pays off

It really feels STCC has taken a step in the right direction this year, no longer a Volvo domination, with all teams on the track actually posting good results and getting good exposure this season already with 2 weekends left to be run. Last season you could really feel that there were a few teams going to leave due to poor results, but not so much this year. I'm already feeling hopeful for next year, and with Tierp also sorted out the calandar will probably be better again.
Old 4 Sep 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3450274)   #183
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post

Still kinda dissappointed about the Mitjet 2.0L thing. There is a need for a ScandinavianTCC!
Yes there is but how you do that? Swedish teams and drivers have zero interest to compete in Finland and Norwegian motorsport venues like Rudskogen are...well not even FIA Grade 12. Jyllandsringen in Denmark would be the only one to have any potential.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3450795)   #184
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
What a weekend ! Facilities at Solvalla were nice though sometimes it was hard to see anything from behind the fences. And I saw the king very close.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3450838)   #185
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andreas Wernersson may have taken a win from apparently madness (I only have TcT to reference) but from what I've heard he looks hugely talented, and he's very young. Bright future ahead...
Old 6 Sep 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3450853)   #186
Fredrik N.
Rookie

Sweden
Fredrik N. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
svtplay.se has video from todays events at Solvalla (STCC / Clio Cup / V8 Thundercars / RallyX).

Live coverage (5 h 18 min):
http://www.svtplay.se/video/2243765/motor-stcc-solvalla

Highlights (58 min):
http://www.svtplay.se/video/2300789/stcc/sammandrag-6-9
Old 20 Sep 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3455422)   #187
kurski
Veteran

Finland
Fredrik Larsson claimed his first ever STCC victory for BMW Dealer Team WestCoast Racing in the penultimate STCC race of 2014. But the victory was not enough as Volvo Polestar Racing driver Thed Björk crossed the line in fourth position and secured his second consecutive STCC title.