Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Oct 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3584428)   #1
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Proposed Track

Northern Gold Coast canefield set to be reborn as racing precinct named for Sir Jack Brabham.

We have had plenty of proposed tracks in the past!! Will this one get off the ground.
Old 20 Oct 2015, 22:34 (Ref:3584446)   #2
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who wants to run a book on the cost blowout?

"It is expected to cost $3.25 million"
Old 20 Oct 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3584457)   #3
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
So who wants to run a book on the cost blowout?

"It is expected to cost $3.25 million"
Will this even get off the ground?? If so it will be around the $6 Million plus...
Old 21 Oct 2015, 02:02 (Ref:3584485)   #4
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Northern Gold Coast canefield set to be reborn as racing precinct named for Sir Jack Brabham.

We have had plenty of proposed tracks in the past!! Will this one get off the ground.
The proposal is for a speedway, dragstrip and a drift circuit only. No mention of a car racing circuit.

.... and what's happened to the "West Brisbane" proposal of late ?
Old 22 Oct 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3584815)   #5
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
$3.25 million
The local speedway track and stadium built here 15 years ago cost $24 million then.
$3.25 million would hardly get your driveway tar sealed these days.
Old 22 Oct 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3584821)   #6
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You'd get the top surface on a short 1.2km laid for that, but not the earthworks, preparation or infrastructure.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 00:18 (Ref:3584869)   #7
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one in Oz is prepared to build a circuit to international standards for the spectators. Every circuit in Australia is a disgrace as far as facilities for the spectators and race crews is concerned and I would be embarrassed to have to show international visitors any of them. There are kart tracks in Europe that make our best car circuit look like a tip.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 00:58 (Ref:3584888)   #8
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
No one in Oz is prepared to build a circuit to international standards for the spectators. Every circuit in Australia is a disgrace as far as facilities for the spectators and race crews is concerned and I would be embarrassed to have to show international visitors any of them. There are kart tracks in Europe that make our best car circuit look like a tip.
That's the benefit of larger populations and income streams in Europe and the US. Reality is that for quality sports venues in Oz, govt money is needed as our population is too small to fund the venues of itself. If you think about sports stadiums in ball sports and the various other high level sports venues, all have govt money either partly or fully funding the build and upgrades.

In that environment, if lower levels of funding come to motorsport, the money is going to get first on the track itself, safety items around it etc and improved amenity for teams - after that it is a question of priorities and each venue is going to have differences there.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 01:22 (Ref:3584890)   #9
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
That's the benefit of larger populations and income streams in Europe and the US. Reality is that for quality sports venues in Oz, govt money is needed as our population is too small to fund the venues of itself. If you think about sports stadiums in ball sports and the various other high level sports venues, all have govt money either partly or fully funding the build and upgrades.

In that environment, if lower levels of funding come to motorsport, the money is going to get first on the track itself, safety items around it etc and improved amenity for teams - after that it is a question of priorities and each venue is going to have differences there.
None of that changes the reality of what is on the ground. If tracks had the family facilities needed there would be a greater participation in the sport instead the wife and family get p*ssed off after one or two meetings and the husband (usually) gets told motor sport has to stop. It is a chicken or egg situation in some respects but the reality is until facilities become more family oriented growth won't happen. Someone needs to stop stuffing around and put serious money into a proper track and that won't happen of as we all know, Badgery's Creek sounds like it might be a good spot as the place will have a huge surrounding area of no use to anyone else, it is fairly flat and a new Oran Park might be feasible because the earth works would not be a huge problem. It would also be close to international & domestic travel, and close enough to Sydney. Flog Eastern Creek and build something worth having at Badgery's Creek while the earth moving equipment is there. Dreamland stuff but sometimes it is nice to dream.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 02:57 (Ref:3584910)   #10
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
None of that changes the reality of what is on the ground. If tracks had the family facilities needed there would be a greater participation in the sport instead the wife and family get p*ssed off after one or two meetings and the husband (usually) gets told motor sport has to stop. It is a chicken or egg situation in some respects but the reality is until facilities become more family oriented growth won't happen. Someone needs to stop stuffing around and put serious money into a proper track and that won't happen of as we all know, Badgery's Creek sounds like it might be a good spot as the place will have a huge surrounding area of no use to anyone else, it is fairly flat and a new Oran Park might be feasible because the earth works would not be a huge problem. It would also be close to international & domestic travel, and close enough to Sydney. Flog Eastern Creek and build something worth having at Badgery's Creek while the earth moving equipment is there. Dreamland stuff but sometimes it is nice to dream.
Hearing you but then the NSW govt put (from memory) over $100 mill into Eastern Creek originally plus more since and $30 mill odd into the dragstrip next door. Hard to see them spending more again on one at Badgery's Creek. I agree that it WOULD be nice but the big football stadiums build costs seem to start around $250 mill minimum, quality racetracks in other parts of the world have been $400 mill plus - it's hard to see anyone other than a govt stumping up that kind of money.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 03:15 (Ref:3584913)   #11
Casper
Veteran

I doubt anyone in Oz has the ability to design and build it anyway and the Pommy that came out here to stuff up EC was no star.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 23:47 (Ref:3585100)   #12
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As motorsport enthusiasts we should be supporting any attempt to build new facilities not canning it. The work involved in getting this to happen is enormous so not undertaken lightly. I just hope that if it gets going the armchair experts get out there and support it by attending events.

Australia used to support the underdog not rubbish them....
Old 24 Oct 2015, 08:55 (Ref:3585187)   #13
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
As motorsport enthusiasts we should be supporting any attempt to build new facilities not canning it. The work involved in getting this to happen is enormous so not undertaken lightly. I just hope that if it gets going the armchair experts get out there and support it by attending events.

Australia used to support the underdog not rubbish them....
You're absolutely right about supporting any motorsport project that's in the pipeline......but we've heard story after story about a proposed permanent circuit in the Gold Coast corridor, that it's all become a bit ho-hum. I wrote this article in my blog a while ago https://porsche91722.wordpress.com/2...race-circuits/
I haven't changed my opinion.
Old 27 Oct 2015, 02:13 (Ref:3585853)   #14
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
You're absolutely right about supporting any motorsport project that's in the pipeline......but we've heard story after story about a proposed permanent circuit in the Gold Coast corridor, that it's all become a bit ho-hum. I wrote this article in my blog a while ago https://porsche91722.wordpress.com/2...race-circuits/
I haven't changed my opinion.
And it's those ho-hum projects that don't get off the ground, that then tarnish the well planned out ones.

I'm sure once projects are actually implemented and not just a pipe dream, they will be well supported where applicable by the motorsport enthusiasts
Old 28 Oct 2015, 23:01 (Ref:3586293)   #15
Redzone
Racer

Australia
Queensland, Australia
Redzone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This project is being proposed by the people running Archerfield Speedway, it is to replace the Archerfield complex when it gets torn up soon.
Old 31 Jan 2016, 23:29 (Ref:3610348)   #16
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see the Toowoomba circuit thread was bumped but is has no further replies. Can we assume that one is not going ahead? Sad if so. The country needs new circuits.

I had something drop into my Facebook feed the other day about a new circuit or complex for qld but not the toowoomba one. I think it is the same one this thread talks about. But threads on forums or Facebook feeds doesn't mean its a reality. Any one know any real info?

Also the one in adelaide. Is that going ahead? Lots of grand plans are often spoken of but sadly they fall flat. I heard that the adelaide one had some employees but they have recently moved on. One was quite prominent in the industry as he was the ex boss of andra and Barbegallo and he was there only a short time. I hope this doesn't mean the developer is backing out of the plans.

Interesting side point is that Skaife was involved early in the toowoomba and adelaide circuit plans and announcements and almost the "face of" for both, but he has gone silent on both for some time.

I know winton is getting new bitumen but other than that when was the last time the motorsport industry got a new permanent facility or proper upgrade? Philip Island is always well maintained and Sydney Motorsport Park have done well to improve and expand, but what else.?

Come on toowoomba. Come on adelaide........
Old 1 Feb 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3610437)   #17
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic View Post
I see the Toowoomba circuit thread was bumped but is has no further replies. Can we assume that one is not going ahead? Sad if so. The country needs new circuits.

I had something drop into my Facebook feed the other day about a new circuit or complex for qld but not the toowoomba one. I think it is the same one this thread talks about. But threads on forums or Facebook feeds doesn't mean its a reality. Any one know any real info?
Latest is the circuit at Beuadesert.
The supposed motorsport facility at Jacobwells is no proceeding
There was land allocated for a speedway at the southern end of QR, but that is not happening.

Interestingly, a reg delivery driver who has a sprint car, said, we were briefed on the Beaudesert site at our last club meeting .

It has govt aprrov just needs funding ,
senic rim motorsports
Old 1 Feb 2016, 08:58 (Ref:3610448)   #18
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Track proposed for Nowra, on the south coast of NSW, seems to be making slow, but steady progress.

Currently submitting petitions to thwart off the naysayers who've opposed the DA for it.
Old 3 Feb 2016, 07:50 (Ref:3611152)   #19
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Track proposed for Nowra, on the south coast of NSW, seems to be making slow, but steady progress.

Currently submitting petitions to thwart off the naysayers who've opposed the DA for it.
I sincerely hope it comes to fruition. The proposed track added to the hill climb at Ringwood Park north of Raymond Terrace has been an enormous uphill struggle for all involved there thanks to the NIMBY set. Most of whom moved in AFTER the original hill climb was built.
Old 3 Feb 2016, 20:12 (Ref:3611334)   #20
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic View Post
Also the one in adelaide. Is that going ahead? Lots of grand plans are often spoken of but sadly they fall flat. I heard that the adelaide one had some employees but they have recently moved on. One was quite prominent in the industry as he was the ex boss of andra and Barbegallo and he was there only a short time. I hope this doesn't mean the developer is backing out of the plans.
Damien White, formerly of V8 Supercars was announced yesterday as joining Tailem Bend.

The ex boss of andra was only ever there on a short term contract and some other contractors have finished their part of the job (for now anyway) whilst various documentation is completed.

Still feels like Tailem Bend is moving forward nicely but the processes involved with planning documentation take quite some time.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3611725)   #21
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scenic Rim still making noise: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...8f89f276c25ccf

Would love for this to become a reality.
I notice it didn't take long for the likes of Gecko to jump all over it (see comments).