Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Mar 2016, 01:04 (Ref:3620717)   #1
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Drink Supercar Secures Series Sponsor

V8 Supercars set for branding switch

Including a naming sponsor from July 1
Old 7 Mar 2016, 02:04 (Ref:3620720)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5 year deal, pretty huge.

So I might put 2+2 and get 5, but given the apparent interest from SE Asia could it be a multinational from KL with form for motorsport sponsorships?

Last edited by Mixer; 7 Mar 2016 at 02:23.
Old 7 Mar 2016, 03:53 (Ref:3620752)   #3
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does income to V8SC go to Archer, or does it trickle down to the REC holders?

Given 1-Jul is the start of the new tax year, I expect it will be an Australian company or at least the Australian subsidiary of a multi-national.
Old 7 Mar 2016, 04:00 (Ref:3620754)   #4
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Archer and the REC holders are all share holders so they will all get a slice.
Old 7 Mar 2016, 04:11 (Ref:3620758)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Does income to V8SC go to Archer, or does it trickle down to the REC holders?

Given 1-Jul is the start of the new tax year, I expect it will be an Australian company or at least the Australian subsidiary of a multi-national.
Split to all equity holders equally on the basis of percentage holding, less costs, is the likely scenario..

i.e. REC holders + Mr Warburton + Mr Cochrane + Archer Capital...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Mar 2016, 05:30 (Ref:3620769)   #6
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought Tony was no longer part of the white collar aspect of V8SC and only a track side viewer. (Had that vibe when I caught up with him at the Gold Coast last year with a Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts and beach shoes)
Old 8 Mar 2016, 07:17 (Ref:3621134)   #7
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I thought Tony was no longer part of the white collar aspect of V8SC and only a track side viewer. (Had that vibe when I caught up with him at the Gold Coast last year with a Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts and beach shoes)
He doesn't have anything to do with the day to day running of the company, but when he left he retained his 5% share of V8SC (at some point later he sold a bit and that share became 2.5% from memory)
Old 8 Mar 2016, 09:15 (Ref:3621148)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Easier to buy it at a fire sale price, when you've still got a finger in the pie.
Old 9 Mar 2016, 04:49 (Ref:3621422)   #9
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Easier to buy it at a fire sale price, when you've still got a finger in the pie.
Just as easy, but cheaper if you haven't.
Old 9 Mar 2016, 04:53 (Ref:3621423)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
He doesn't have anything to do with the day to day running of the company, but when he left he retained his 5% share of V8SC (at some point later he sold a bit and that share became 2.5% from memory)
just added this for precision purposes (doesnt change what you said )

Tony Cochrane sells part of his stake in V8 Supercars - 3 year old speedcafe article

Quote:
According to the Financial Review, Cochrane has kept onto 3000 shares in V8 Supercars but has offloaded 2000 shares for $2million.