Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:05 (Ref:1171546)   #1
Blackadder
Rookie

United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Blackadder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Priaulx F1 test drive !

At last priaulx in an F1 car

see link below

http://spirasolutions.co.uk/Andy_Priaulx/news_146.htm

lets see how he performs, he deserves this about time, good work fella!
Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1171553)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothing more than just a test drive by the looks of it.

Andy really is a talent who should of been in F1 but the lack of finance put paid to that.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1171600)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He should stick to Touring Cars. He's brilliant in that discipline.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:03 (Ref:1171606)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andy Priaulx to partner Mark Webber?
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:15 (Ref:1171630)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Andy Priaulx to partner Mark Webber?
Quite a long shot.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:19 (Ref:1171639)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes indeed, not many people deserve a F1 test more than Andy IMO. Lets hope he pulls out all the stops and does well, would be a shame to lose him from the WTCC but if a race seat in F1 beckons then u coudnt blame the guy.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1171649)   #7
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
andy priaulx has had a remarkably varied career for a modern racing driver hasn't he. nice to see him getting a reward for all the hard work he's put in down the years.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 22:48 (Ref:1171746)   #8
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That'd be some pairing, if only though.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 23:11 (Ref:1171778)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I can't get the link to work
Old 6 Dec 2004, 00:43 (Ref:1171853)   #10
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect it's just BMW's way of saying thank you for winning the ETCC in one of their cars more than a serious look to the future, but if he drives the wheels off the thing who knows?
Old 6 Dec 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1172288)   #11
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Andy does drive the wheels off the car MW will soon be whinging.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:49 (Ref:1172408)   #12
farcnield

Sorry no more room for drivers switching back, give Antony Davidson his test the guy is hughly talented i believe he would shine much better than mostofthe field out there, and he is a nice bloke!!!

Old 6 Dec 2004, 19:31 (Ref:1172719)   #13
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy throughly deserves his shot at a F1 test. Whether this will come to any thing i honestly don't know. But i really, really hope it does.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 19:54 (Ref:1172742)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
I expect it's just BMW's way of saying thank you for winning the ETCC in one of their cars more than a serious look to the future,....
Agree

Some extra text because the messages was to short.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 22:01 (Ref:1172879)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Met Priaulx's Dad at Oulton Park watching him race in Renault Spider's back in 1999, nice bloke.
He was telling me and my Dad how that he used to be like us guys, just used to come and watch the races trackside, when one day he (Andy) decided that he wanted to take part.
Very down to earth, top bloke in fact.

Last edited by Sodemo; 6 Dec 2004 at 22:02.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1173253)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andy didn't really shine in F3, although he was excellent in the wet, and I think he's always been slightly more comfortable in touring cars. perhaps he would've been ideal for a factory team in the old days when a sportscar regular had the odd F1 race as a sideline, but I think he's in the right career now - WTCC should be a growing championship and has a lot of reward and prestige to it.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1265387)   #17
Blackadder
Rookie

United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Blackadder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Andy's made it back into an F1 car!

http://www.fiawtcc.com

http://www.autosport-atlas.com/Grape...x?id=43147&s=5
Old 30 Mar 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1265492)   #18
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like the equivilent of being asked to drive a Minardi 2 seater. Still, the fact BMW are looking to him to plug gaps in the driver lineup for promotions like this speaks volumes.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1265521)   #19
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I thought this sort of thing would happen. Not as a "proper" test driver but other duties such as this. The more chances he gets the better.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1265527)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suppose it is too much to ask for it to be on the oval
Old 31 Mar 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1266336)   #21
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Andy Priaulx and Gary Paffett should both be in Formula One, each have tested, tonnes of experience elsewhere, a C.V to die for, yet, they are stuck in Touring Cars...! Atlest both are doing a fine job where they are.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1266358)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wouldn't describe it as being stuck there - it is a great place to be, especially at the moment. In addition there are limited places in any series.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1266364)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARK Msport
I think Andy Priaulx and Gary Paffett should both be in Formula One, each have tested, tonnes of experience elsewhere, a C.V to die for, yet, they are stuck in Touring Cars...! Atlest both are doing a fine job where they are.
A touring car is not the same as formula car.
BTW Nowadays WTCC or DTM is much more interesting as F1.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1266372)   #24
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paffett has F1 potential...DTM is a common springboard into single seater racing (F1 & Champcars) - but you'd have to look back quite a way for the last competitive touring car driver to brave F1...I think it was probably Tarquini? (last time out being in a Tyrrell in 1995).
Old 31 Mar 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1266392)   #25
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I wouldn't describe it as being stuck there - it is a great place to be, especially at the moment. In addition there are limited places in any series.
I'm not dissing Touring Cars, i'll agree its a great series. But for drivers like Andy and Gary it's not "them". Fair enough they are doing outstandingly well where they are, but Formula One is where they really want to be.