Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Mar 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1250757)   #1
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFR V8 Sponsorship Ad

Interesting Ad in the AFR this week.

"Like a little V8 performance behind your company's brand?
To become a V8 Supercar Team sponsor is to benefit from one of Australia's most unique and exciting corporate promotions. As a sponsor you are rewarded with direct access to team stars for both on, and off track events. From corporate hospitality to business to business networking, Team Sponsorship can be a real winner for your business. Sponsorship packages can be tailored to individual requirements. Marketers seeking more information should contact Tony Hill on 0410 xxx xxx or tony@tonyhillxxxxxxxxx.com.au"

So, is Tony acting on behalf of a team, or wanting to act as a broker and put himself between a sponsor and a team?

You could imagine a CEO who knows stuff all about motorsport but wants to put his brand into the sport probably getting involved with Tony or other people.

Do other sponsorship brokers already operate in the sport and cream a % out of the deal?
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1250762)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Saw the ad.. but left the paper somewhere and it got chucked away.... it is interesting.. there were no stats in the ad from memory, no mention specifically of which team it was dealing with... except...

... in the bottom RHS of the ad... the telltale admark "ORR XXXX" appears... which suggests rather strongly that Orrcon Larkham is the mob doing the business in this area.

Presumably its the team doing this deal with Mr Hill... as I understood the Orrcon deal with LMS was up at the end of the season... no harm in covering all bases and indeed looking to supplement what must be the 2nd lowest 2 car team budget in the series....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol
Do other sponsorship brokers already operate in the sport and cream a % out of the deal?
There are plenty of them in the sport right now... a couple of deals with brand new teams for this season were stitched together by professional marketing companies linking sponsors to cars...

Its a good thing... especially if you get your cut... oops
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1250769)   #3
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose 90, or 80, or 75% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Especially if you are a smaller team and don't have a commercial manager/sponsor chaser on the payroll already.

Were you referring to Britek GTR? They have certainly brought new sponsors in - Penrite 'thick oils' and their new Sonax car care products amongst others.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1250785)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Penrite is actually the agent for Sonax car care in Australia now... I wasnt referring to Britek specifically as a number of sponsors/patrons seem to have appeared separately to the main commercial dealings.

The Autobarn arrangement was completed by a professional marketing services company, the same one that put the Wynns/Kmart deal together with GMS all those years ago... there are others, sometimes they dont want anyone to know...

For example... there was a marketing agent between ICS SmartCar and LMS... now that turned to a really bright shade of baby poop... as ever it all depends on the strength of the legal contracts associated with the deals... no word on whether ICS ever managed to find the seed capital, and the dead mining company to get off the ground either...

In the V8Lites series for example, there have been a number of deals with drivers and teams, that see various marketing & management groups receive a commission on the basis of sale of talent into a team...

Many teams seem comfortable these days to take 80%-90% of a sponsorship... as long as it is enough to justify the space being sold of course.... the percentage tends to vary dependent on whether the team services the sponsor directly (and the marketing agent receives in effect a spotter's fee), or whether the marketing agent plays middleman between the team and the sponsor...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House