Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Aug 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1696958)   #1
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ovalfest06

For those that do things oval in the UK, this is going to be one big weekend meeting:
Sept 9th/10th at Rockinham Motor Speedway.

http://www.ovalfest.co.uk

Lots on.

Watch out for a certain #59 making an a8se of himself in the SCSA race.

Rob.

PS: I expect fireworks in the Brisca F1's on the "improvised" short oval.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1696978)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Same weekend as the Lydden festival on the oval

(and good luck in the SCSA )
Old 29 Aug 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1697066)   #3
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know. Great planning!
My wife's cousin getting married on the Saturday, my daughter is bridesmaid. My name is now MUD!

Mud.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 17:19 (Ref:1697782)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
This might be a silly question but which circuit are they using. I know SCSA will be on the full oval but what about the BriSCA, hot rods, etc?
Old 30 Aug 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1697853)   #5
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
The "short" circuit will comprise of the start straight, the "hot" pit lane, and a sharp turn at either end. IE: 2 x 3/8mile straights, with hairpin bends at either end.

If you ask me, it'll be "fun".

As for my involvement, due to the inaction by the other three prospective trainee rookies, there will be no rookie training prior to this meeting, and therefore I won't be qualified to race on the Oval, subsequently making me very very passed off.

I now have to explain to my sponsors/prospective sponsors that I am not Jim Kerr's brother Wayne, someone else is..

Rob.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1698007)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Cheers Rob. Neither the Ovalfest or Rockinghm websites make any mention of the short oval layout.

Just realised it clashes with both Britcar 24hrs and Renault Festival at Donington
Old 1 Sep 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1699238)   #7
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
The "short" circuit will comprise of the start straight, the "hot" pit lane, and a sharp turn at either end. IE: 2 x 3/8mile straights, with hairpin bends at either end.

If you ask me, it'll be "fun".

As for my involvement, due to the inaction by the other three prospective trainee rookies, there will be no rookie training prior to this meeting, and therefore I won't be qualified to race on the Oval, subsequently making me very very passed off.

I now have to explain to my sponsors/prospective sponsors that I am not Jim Kerr's brother Wayne, someone else is..

Rob.
Any change on this outcome Rob? Will you be able to do the test during Sat practice?
Old 2 Sep 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1700264)   #8
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ovalfest is going to be a great event.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1700839)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would LOVE to see all of these events at Knockhill!
Old 8 Sep 2006, 06:49 (Ref:1704747)   #10
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I comming on Sunday.
Should be a good meeting, i havent been in over a year and hope that the meeting is a success.
Anyone know how many scsa cars racing?
Old 8 Sep 2006, 06:53 (Ref:1704753)   #11
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424
I comming on Sunday.
Should be a good meeting, i havent been in over a year and hope that the meeting is a success.
Anyone know how many scsa cars racing?
Latest is 12 + 4 possibles.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1705580)   #12
paulwjs
Rookie

paulwjs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For information on the short oval try http://www.stockcar.co.uk/ they are the organisers of the event, there is a list of the drivers from the short oval world racing and a running order.

The track will be racing up the home straight and down the pit lane. This will give the drivers many problems as the straights are a lot longer than most 440 yards ovals and mean the drivers will have to change gear (something they don't normally do!). Not sure if the stock cars are running contact. The track was orginally meant to be a 1/4 mile oval situated inside turn 1 but the few SCSA/ days of blunder drivers moaned so the track had to be relocated.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1711290)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened Rob?
Old 17 Sep 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1712146)   #14
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a bad meeting, a few points i would like to raise.
Firsty the parking, no one showing you where to park, it was like a free for all with no one knowing where to go.
Second, I sorry to say that the scsa race was just plain boring, oilie shot off in the distance and the pace differeance between the rest is massive.
I think it would not be a bad idea to drop the scsa cars and put the drivers in pickup trucks, the races were fantastic.
And finally how funny was the last race, what was it called, the propshaft destruction darby??
Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1712491)   #15
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkiman
What happened Rob?
I thought I'd explained.

While Alfred Buller threw £250K at marketting the event, they didn't bother to pay for the rookie training, which would have put at least two of us extra on the grid.

The issue of there being a big spread between the SCSA cars is down to the fact that there have only been about 6 cars on the grid as regulars, the rest have been sporadic, and there has been no decent testing to hone setups and improve driver experience.

I'll be honest, and had I been on the grid, I would have been just pleased to reach the end of the race. Pace comes with experience, and having zero experience on banked ovals.... Or is it familiarity breeds contempt?

Oli is blindin'! He needs some real backing and putting on a plane to the 'States.

The on-the-day organisaton of the meeting, so I am told, was shambolic, with the PA too loud to the point of being unintelligable, the Incarace marshall's acting like little hitlers, and the spectators enticed into the big oval being the most untidy herd of buffalo ever seen by the way they left rubbish in the stands making it look like a landfill site.

Rob.