Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Sep 2006, 05:10 (Ref:1704649)   #1
fullSPEED
Rookie

fullSPEED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chevy Rock & Roll 400

On Saturday, the NASCAR Nextel Cup moves to Richmond International Raceway for the Chevy Rock & Roll 400. This is the last race in order to qualify for the “Chase for the Championship”. For those on the cusp of the "Chase" it will be a nerve-racking week in which any little error, mechanical or mental, in the pits or on the track, could cost a team a shot at the title. The final three drivers to make the "Chase" will likely be determined on the final lap of the Chevy Rock & Roll 400. There are just 45 points separating eighth-place and defending series champion Tony Stewart, perennial runner-up Mark Martin, veteran Jeff Burton and rising star Kasey Kahne.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1705114)   #2
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be exciting. I'd like to see Kahne make the chase, but I like Burton and Martin too so I'm conflicted. So I guess if Stewart falls out early and everyone else does alright then I'll be happy.

J.D.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1705252)   #3
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will team mates of driver in the chase interfear with other drivers i.e wreck them ???? exciting isnt it

I want mark in the chase aswell ... but it will be tight. if there is a tie for tenth i.e khane and martin do both drivers go through ??
Old 8 Sep 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1705278)   #4
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
I'm not sure what will happen if there is a tie. I know for championships it goes to the driver with the most win. In that case it would be Kahne, but there will probably be enough uproar if that happens that it would be smart for NASCAR to just let them both in.

J.D.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1705403)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It'd be a great shame if Martin missed it this season.

Should be tense though, it's nice and close down there and one man will be left very dissapointed!
Old 8 Sep 2006, 23:26 (Ref:1705582)   #6
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there is a tie for tenth they both get in. I would actually like to see the tie as I want Kahne to get in but would hate to see Martin or Burton bumped out. The Richmond race should be good one. Some drivers will be racing conservative and others going-hell-for-leather.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 02:57 (Ref:1705636)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I pick Junior for the win.

Also I get to watch this sucker live. Well I think its this one, not the Busch Race...If it's live tomorrrow then it'd be the Nextel Race right?
Old 9 Sep 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1705649)   #8
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heh heh heh

I am going to laugh when Dale Jr drops out of the Chase tomorrow night @ Richmond.

Oh what the heck, I'll laugh now.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1705815)   #9
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
I am going to laugh when Dale Jr drops out of the Chase tomorrow night @ Richmond.

Oh what the heck, I'll laugh now.
It could be Tony that drops out. He crashed his primary car in practice and then only qualified 40th in the back-up. I'll bet they worked all night on his car.

Jr though only qualified 33rd. It looks to be an interesting race. Anything can happen.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 22:39 (Ref:1706221)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice font usage here.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 03:11 (Ref:1706315)   #11
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Nice font usage here.
Yes, but not very good prediction on the race.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1706956)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, that was pants.

I am going to watch this race in full tomorrow. It was too much to ask to not go to bed at all, what with MotoGP and all that....

I know I am 20 and should be able to sit up for weeks on end, but I can't. I need sleep.

I did check out the last laps though earlier....I have slightly spoiled it for myself, but it was an enjoyable finish it seemed. Harvick worked Busch good and proper!
Old 10 Sep 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1707290)   #13
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfloopy
Should be exciting. I'd like to see Kahne make the chase, but I like Burton and Martin too so I'm conflicted. So I guess if Stewart falls out early and everyone else does alright then I'll be happy.

J.D.
Wow exactly what I wanted to happen occurred.

Good job to Blaney getting his second career top 5 and his best run in a long time. I've always liked him, hopefully this bodes well for next year when he's drving a Toyota and has factory support. I'm guessing his results should pick up if there is no horrible problems with the Toyota chassis or engine.

J.D.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 02:09 (Ref:1707526)   #14
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
kasey has really earned my respect. He drove great races at California and at Richmond under much stress. He really deserves to be in the top 10 and is fast becoming one of my favorites.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 14:39 (Ref:1708018)   #15
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I caught the highlights today. My gosh, what a great drive from Dale with no rear breaks.

/fanboy.

Was the Busch race worth watching? Because I knew Harvick won I didn't watch it....
Old 11 Sep 2006, 16:29 (Ref:1708102)   #16
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave blaney what a super star

well done kasey for getting into the chase, stewart couldnt get that backup car to work shame
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1708303)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I get to see the Busch race tonight Hazza, full report tomorrow. Maybe.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1708724)   #18
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Busch race wasn't too bad at all, some good performances from Blaney and Wimmer in that one, I missed the last 20 laps or so though . I missed the Cup race too, was realy looking forward to it..

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 12 Sep 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1709089)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, just finished watching. Quite enjoyable Busch race. As usual really.