Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Dec 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3692734)   #4726
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't IMSA say they were looking at alternative fuels (methane / biofuels?) back?

Old 1 Dec 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3692789)   #4727
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love that we've got an incredible mazda, a pretty awesome Caddy, so BMW have decided to balance this out with a hilarious livery.

I actually thought he was going for the port and starboard lights on the front, but no those are the wrong way round anyway. So it's just crap.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 21:12 (Ref:3692814)   #4728
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I love that we've got an incredible mazda, a pretty awesome Caddy, so BMW have decided to balance this out with a hilarious livery.

I actually thought he was going for the port and starboard lights on the front, but no those are the wrong way round anyway. So it's just crap.
Their new sponsor is going to be Milton Bradley and they will advert the Twister game.

L.P.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3692818)   #4729
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Their new sponsor is going to be Milton Bradley and they will advert the Twister game.

L.P.
So will the art car for Sebring be Snakes and Ladders? I'm now sold on this idea. Petit LM gets mouse trap!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3692972)   #4730
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that a livery at all? At first I thought it wasn't even finished
Old 3 Dec 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3693378)   #4731
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche driver line ups.

#911: Dirk Werner, Patrick Pilet (inc Richard Lietz for endurance races).
#912: Laurens Vanthoor, Kevin Estre (inc Fred Makowiecki for endurance races).

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/v...ctory-drivers/
Old 4 Dec 2016, 03:00 (Ref:3693462)   #4732
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Porsche driver line ups.

#911: Dirk Werner, Patrick Pilet (inc Richard Lietz for endurance races).
#912: Laurens Vanthoor, Kevin Estre (inc Fred Makowiecki for endurance races).

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/v...ctory-drivers/
Interesting they give the new guys IMSA work. The 911 boys have plenty of IMSA experience but the 912 should be OK.

I guess BMW is looking for a driver now.
Old 4 Dec 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3693626)   #4733
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
I believe Kuno Wittmer (promoted from his part-time commitments) and Martin Tomczyk (former DTM driver) are confirmed as the 2 new full time drivers in addition to Bill Auberlen and John Edwards.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3693887)   #4734
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I believe Kuno Wittmer (promoted from his part-time commitments) and Martin Tomczyk (former DTM driver) are confirmed as the 2 new full time drivers in addition to Bill Auberlen and John Edwards.
Thanks I was unaware they had already done the driver switch.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 23:39 (Ref:3694334)   #4735
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I caught the new P2 Ligier testing at Sebring today. I went there to see RLL BMW so it was a nice surprise. I timed some laps and they were all around 2:00 so they're definitely not trying to run the car too hard yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orp_VeOE_Yo
Old 7 Dec 2016, 00:41 (Ref:3694343)   #4736
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I caught the new P2 Ligier testing at Sebring today. I went there to see RLL BMW so it was a nice surprise. I timed some laps and they were all around 2:00 so they're definitely not trying to run the car too hard yet.

Very good video Lanky Turtle.
The new Gibson V8 sound fantastic!!!
Old 7 Dec 2016, 00:46 (Ref:3694345)   #4737
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Very nice! Great surprise I'm sure. Man, that thing sounds nasty when it gets off throttle!
Old 7 Dec 2016, 01:04 (Ref:3694350)   #4738
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Awesome. I also enjoyed your Ferrari vids at Daytona.
Talking about some screamers.

BTW - what camera do you use to shoot those? I may try
to get something easy to use for the 24.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 01:52 (Ref:3694358)   #4739
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Not sure what it is about the video but the Ligier looks wicked quick!

I'm fairly certain these cars will annihilate the lap records of the RS Spyder and the Acura ARX 01.b
Old 7 Dec 2016, 02:31 (Ref:3694361)   #4740
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Awesome!

God bless Zytek.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 03:14 (Ref:3694372)   #4741
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Jesus, that sound! Looks like it was the PR1 car, any idea on the driver? Also was it on Dunlop or conti rubber?
Old 7 Dec 2016, 04:20 (Ref:3694377)   #4742
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Jesus, that sound! Looks like it was the PR1 car, any idea on the driver? Also was it on Dunlop or conti rubber?

It's on Contis.

L.P.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 07:56 (Ref:3694407)   #4743
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
That sounds fantastic.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 09:31 (Ref:3694436)   #4744
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Awesome. I also enjoyed your Ferrari vids at Daytona.
Talking about some screamers.

BTW - what camera do you use to shoot those? I may try
to get something easy to use for the 24.
I use a Panasonic V750 camcorder which is no longer made but should be about the same as the current V770. I also use an external mic a lot of times, I used one for this because it was really windy and the external mic with a wind guard sounds way better than wind blowing across the camera mic. The external mic works really well up close to cars like in the garages because it picks up bass WAY better than the camera mic.

Quote:
I just saw a tweet from Mike Guasch saying it's himself, Jose Guttierez, and Tom Kimber Smith driving this test. They had a Conti tire truck set up with them in the pits but Dunlop is supposed to have a test at Sebring very soon. I know team Nederland will be testing their Dallara as well as a few other Dunlop teams I'm sure.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 11:38 (Ref:3694472)   #4745
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I use a Panasonic V750 camcorder which is no longer made but should be about the same as the current V770. I also use an external mic a lot of times, I used one for this because it was really windy and the external mic with a wind guard sounds way better than wind blowing across the camera mic. The external mic works really well up close to cars like in the garages because it picks up bass WAY better than the camera mic.

I just saw a tweet from Mike Guasch saying it's himself, Jose Guttierez, and Tom Kimber Smith driving this test. They had a Conti tire truck set up with them in the pits but Dunlop is supposed to have a test at Sebring very soon. I know team Nederland will be testing their Dallara as well as a few other Dunlop teams I'm sure.
Thanks, this is the most interested I've been seeing IMSA cars testing in years! Plus that Gibson, the Caddy, Mazda and Nissan motors all sound so different the P class will be great from an audio sound point if nothing else!
Old 7 Dec 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3694525)   #4746
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Thanks, this is the most interested I've been seeing IMSA cars testing in years! Plus that Gibson, the Caddy, Mazda and Nissan motors all sound so different the P class will be great from an audio sound point if nothing else!
What sound does a Mazda make when it's on fire, joeb?
Old 7 Dec 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3694529)   #4747
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Wild cheers from the peanut gallery, as they suck down another beer.

Just my experience.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3694611)   #4748
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Thanks. Quality as usual.
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/13702...tests-continue: "As shown in a video recently captured at Sebring International Raceway, " ... why is it so hard for people to properly attribute the source?!
Old 7 Dec 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3694621)   #4749
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Next week's test entry list.

http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...entry_list.pdf

L.P.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3694623)   #4750
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great ! We could compare car's performance, and we will see the WEC Riley for the first time.