Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 May 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3731315)   #7726
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Porsche on pole followed the Toyota trio and the second Porsche chasing. Sounds like a good thing to watch imo! For anyone who watched qualifying, did Porsche or Toyota change tires with the driver?
I don't have an answer to your question, but I do expect the Toyota # 9 to be in the lead by the end of lap one (under normal conditions) .They have a speed advantage in sector 1 and even if the Porsche gets them in sector 2 , their sector 3 advantage over the Porsches is huge.
We will have to see how this translates into the long runs.
Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if #7 sneaks by as well.
Old 5 May 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3731336)   #7727
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
From Toyota's press release, they said Kobayashi was on used tires. I don't know if Porsche kept the same tires on for both drivers. I'd assume so?
Old 21 May 2017, 21:56 (Ref:3735137)   #7728
MANvsFOOD
Rookie

United States
US
MANvsFOOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...ndurance-test/

Quote:
All six of the German manufacturer’s drivers, plus newly nominated reserve driver Marc Lieb took part in the multi-day test at the Spanish circuit, which saw its LMP1 contender complete 4,156 miles in a 36-hour run, with no major problems reported.
Over 5000 miles completed during the entirety of the test.
Old 22 May 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3735343)   #7729
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANvsFOOD View Post

Yeah they said 8581km over the test, that's 5300 miles https://twitter.com/Porsche_Team/sta...56535367397376
Old 22 May 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3735346)   #7730
roderick
Racer

Japan
roderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridroderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Don't know what their endurance schedule was, but 36hrs endurance before Lemans seems little pointless... It's not like they can change so from now on.
Distance covered sounds about right. (Toyota does 5000-6000km in 33hrs)

Does porches do their endurance like this every other year?
Old 22 May 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3735352)   #7731
MANvsFOOD
Rookie

United States
US
MANvsFOOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by roderick View Post
Don't know what their endurance schedule was, but 36hrs endurance before Lemans seems little pointless... It's not like they can change so from now on.
Distance covered sounds about right. (Toyota does 5000-6000km in 33hrs)

Does porches do their endurance like this every other year?
I think all P1-H teams do a similar, final shakedown test prior to Le Mans. You're right, there's not a lot they can change, but, as we all know, even small issues can be significant.
Old 22 May 2017, 21:48 (Ref:3735357)   #7732
roderick
Racer

Japan
roderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridroderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think all P1-H teams do a similar, final shakedown test prior to Le Mans. You're right, there's not a lot they can change, but, as we all know, even small issues can be significant.
Yes, I am aware of shakedown test but they only drive for an hour or two.
Like Toyota is going it right now at SPA
Old 4 Jun 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3738640)   #7733
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh Dear!
Old 4 Jun 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3738645)   #7734
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Oh Dear!
take it easy!
Old 4 Jun 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3738676)   #7735
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
take it easy!
Like Porsche......?
Old 5 Jun 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3738787)   #7736
Melcor
Rookie

Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Melcor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a little woried guys.I am not sure if Porsche is some kind of sandbaging
or this is what they actually have for that Le mans.I dont waht to believe that this is all they have for the big one,but if not what are they hiding?

It pains me to see Toyota 3 seconds faster
Old 5 Jun 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3738808)   #7737
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcor View Post
or this is what they actually have for that Le mans.I dont waht to believe that this is all they have for the big one,but if not what are they hiding?

I don't want to see a walkover (and I don't expect one), but I would much prefer that it was this way around.......
Old 5 Jun 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3738816)   #7738
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcor View Post

The engine issue had to take some work away from them. They lost two hours because an oil leak. That's a lot of lost laps and time to gain some data. So I think they're a bit behind because of that and they have two cars vs three. I don't think they'll be 3 seconds slower on pace! They will be close imo. Faster, I don't know, but not 3 seconds worth. They didn't do a qualifying run, but Buemi did 3:20 laps in his long run. So if Porsche can do 3:22's on a long run, that's closer than the ultimate best.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3738831)   #7739
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Literally don't understand how seasoned fans write teams off after Test Day every single year, and then act with surprise that the race isn't a carbon copy of Test Day.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3738847)   #7740
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can learn some things, real extremes. However most things remain unknown.

Toyota's lap times are impressive. We have learnt that. Single lap and a stint, but we can't assume it's fast in all conditions. Probably will be, but we don't know. They were reliable, but we can't take that as a perfect indicator, because the race is the race and longer.

Porsche? Well they had a problem, but that is not a great indicator of reliability in the race. Might be something, but probably isn't. Speed? Well that is a big unknown. They'll probably go quicker, but there is no way of knowing how much quicker.

Current indications do favour Toyota, but it's all to play for and us fans are still very much in the dark.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3738872)   #7741
Rookie

500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The test day results certainly look promising for Toyota. All the data... ultimate pace, longer run pace, perceived economy all seem to be in Toyota's favor. Plus, Porsche is not known for excessive sandbagging, so I would not expect that they will suddenly unleash tons of pace. However, given the issues, and maybe running a slightly different program, they may be closer...

I am a Porsche fan first and foremost, and I am still hopeful for a good race by the team, but a Toyota win would be deserving and nice for them.

Hoping for a good race either way!
Old 6 Jun 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3738998)   #7742
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Literally don't understand how seasoned fans write teams off after Test Day every single year, and then act with surprise that the race isn't a carbon copy of Test Day.
How dare you bring sanity into the forum good sir, are you new here?

Old 7 Jun 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3739223)   #7743
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The most embarrassing things for Porsche are not the slower times but the issues they met at the beginning of the test in the pit and the engine oil leak.
Old 7 Jun 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3739300)   #7744
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The most embarrassing things for Porsche are not the slower times but the issues they met at the beginning of the test in the pit and the engine oil leak.
The oil leak wasn't related to hitting something on track? I know the link hasn't been made yet but I wonder if that had affect.
Old 7 Jun 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3739336)   #7745
Melcor
Rookie

Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Melcor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post

I'm not saying that lap times are most embarrassing thing for Porsche i just aksed for your opinion ,because i have the feeling that they are hidding(sandbagging) something big time.I never saw them so uncompetitve since the return in 2014(Yes i'm only seasoned fan),aslo i have read somewhere that they have just 0,7 seconds improvement from last year.And about that oil leak,dont forget that last year we had broken water pump ,not so common either.
Old 7 Jun 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3739338)   #7746
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's all in the melting pot. None of us actually really know anything other than that Toyota look pretty impressive right now. But like Ford in GTEPro, who knows. I still expect Porsche to be on the pace or thereabouts come this time next week......
Old 8 Jun 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3739507)   #7747
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The oil leak wasn't related to hitting something on track? I know the link hasn't been made yet but I wonder if that had affect.
That's what RLM and Vandestick's channel reported. Anyway the engine should be protected by the underbody (?) in a better way. Last year, Toyota had met the same kind of problem at Spa consecutive to the stress in the Raidillon. If they had to change the whole engine, IMO, there should be a conception issue. Porsche think that all of their engine elements (pumps, starter) are reliable enough to avoid a study for an easier access. A bit too confident in their reliability ?
Old 9 Jun 2017, 01:42 (Ref:3739580)   #7748
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And it seems that Porsche have been pushing their luck with the ACO over garage stall visibility. DSC reports at the WEC Prologue they already got a $5500 suspended fine, and at LM, they were actually fined $5500 and have a suspended 60 second stop and hold for the LM24 race itself.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 06:06 (Ref:3739607)   #7749
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Here is the link:
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...%E2%80%A8.html

They were fined at Prologue and they did the same at LeMans Test day, I just don't understand if this 1 minute penalty is final or not. I hope it's not being enforced, because this could turn out to be one boring race.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3739610)   #7750
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It's suspended, just like the fine at Monza was. If they do it again and get caught, the penalty may be enforced at the ACO's discretion.

And things already aren't looking encouraging for Porsche if the test day is anything to go by.