Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 25 Sep 2015, 01:43 (Ref:3576837)   #1
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SCCA Runoffs in Daytona

This year the national runoffs take to the high banks of Daytona International Speedway for the first time since 1969. Info about all the goings on here http://www.scca.com/runoffs

Races start Friday and are supposed to be streamed live on http://speedcasttv.com/

I was at the track for a couple of the qualifying days and took some video of various classes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2zYfViGBNk

and this one showing the Spec Miata class doing some pretty serious bump drafting up on the high banks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoD9VQhfeAw
Old 25 Sep 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3576920)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
This year the national runoffs take to the high banks of Daytona International Speedway for the first time since 1969. Info about all the goings on here http://www.scca.com/runoffs
That's an interesting choice for circuits. I assume there are some regional races there as well... How long is the "deal" to keep them there?

I'd really like to see this event back at Road Atlanta one day, but I do need to get to it wherever it's held at some point. Lots of classes, neat cars and the best club racers in the country!

Thanks for sharing the videos!
Old 25 Sep 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3576954)   #3
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That's an interesting choice for circuits. I assume there are some regional races there as well... How long is the "deal" to keep them there?
Way back when.....The Runoffs used to alternate between Daytona and Riverside until landing a home a Road Atlanta. The SCCA is now alternating tracks every year, I think next years races are at Mid-Ohio. No Regional races just the National Championship races, maybe something like 400+ cars there.

To be back at Road Atlanta, it have to be a couple weeks later so not mess with the Petit date. I don't know if the Atlanta Region has put in a bid.

You can always hit up the SARRC at Road Atlanta the end of the month. The Regional racing version.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 15:43 (Ref:3577001)   #4
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
SCCA Run Offs next year at Mid-Ohio will be Sept. 19-25.

We still don't know yet where the RO will be after that, I would think an announcement of the next 3 venues (they announced the '14/15/16 venues all at once in July 2013) is expected shortly but SCCA headquarters in Topeka, KS might wait until some point in 2016 (?).

A return to Road Atlanta would be awesome, the only venue I heard was rumored is VIR (which will equally be great!). My favorite track for the RO would be Lime Rock but there's NO way LRP's paddock could host so many entries!
Old 25 Sep 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3577099)   #5
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They're using most of the middle of the infield as paddock here, so they definitely need some space. A lot of the teams have pretty large setups with full size transporters. The "actual" paddock isn't really being used much here though, with most of the garage spaces sitting empty.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3577531)   #6
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

With 28 races over three days there's no lack of on track action. Here's a little more video of Saturdays races https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD09iwW3UzQ

....and a short video of a Formula 1000 car having some first lap problems with a pretty significant fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY-tVm2fzUc
Old 27 Sep 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3577560)   #7
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Thomspon, CT has been occasionally rumored to be a potential Runoffs host. The track has recently refurbished it's road course and is undergoing facility upgrades, but I don't know the specifics so I can't say if there's any chance they're capable of hosting the Runoffs.

They have been hosting Regionals, and are known to have inquired about a Majors date, though.
Old 27 Sep 2015, 20:33 (Ref:3577580)   #8
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
According to racer.com, the venues for the post-Mid-Ohio Runoffs will be announced during the Mid-Ohio Runoffs week.