Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Sep 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3766163)   #501
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Basically like you just said, why would a team purposely screw themselves of a future entry? The season is reduced just to keep these types of teams onboard with a smaller budget and commitment.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 22:20 (Ref:3766171)   #502
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Ever heard of funding....?

Contrary to your beliefs the 2018-2019 season will require a similar budget as this season as the lower travel costs (sea freight instead of air) are offset by a substantial higher number of racing hours.

Not like it has never happened before (Rebellion for instance).
Old 13 Sep 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3766574)   #503
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Potrero de los Funes is certainly a track where a "new classic" event can be built up from the ground.

I don't see that being the case with a circuit like Termas de Rio Hondo.
But Termas has local government support, and Potrero doesn't...
Old 13 Sep 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3766594)   #504
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
But Termas has local government support, and Potrero doesn't...
That should change. Potrero is a better track and location (in terms of the view) imo.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3766638)   #505
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't know why it's automatic to think that longer races automatically mean more costs? The big costs even for LMP1 cars isn't tires or replacement parts. The biggest expense by far is probably trying to move people and equipment around the world and provide room and board for them.

That's the advantage that IMSA and the LMS have taking place in North America and Europe respectively. Less distance to travel, cheaper room and board. Not to mention that most IMSA and LMS teams have less people and equipment to move as well.

That's probably why even if going from air to sea freight that budgets probably won't go down a ton. Logistical cost eased a bit, yes, but you're still move the same number of people and the same amount of equipment around, and you need a place to put all of that during the race week.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3766646)   #506
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
I've received 2 quotes for running the 2018-2019 season in GTE-Am and P2, they're both higher than the quotes I got from the same people for 2017. Maybe they just like me less this time... :-)

-mike
Old 13 Sep 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3766647)   #507
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering the transitional nature of '18-'19, I'm not surprised.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 23:39 (Ref:3766676)   #508
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Two things:

1. This schedule includes TWO LM 24's.

2. Currently, we have LM plus 8 six-hour races spread over 7 months. The next season is, by run-time, LM plus 10 six-hour races, spread over a little more than 13 months.

Even if the overall budget is higher, the rate at which funds are spent per unit time should be lower.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 02:05 (Ref:3766688)   #509
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's the classic problem. You try to save money, but to do so you have to spend more in the short term.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 03:25 (Ref:3766694)   #510
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Take this with a grain of salt until it's officially announced, but it's thought, per SC365, that the open slot on the WEC's calendar for '18/19 may've gone to Silverstone. Per that site's Wednesday COTA notebook.

This is reportedly after negotiations between Interlagos and Mexico City promoters went nowhere. If Silverstone gets the nod, the race will be in August of next year.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3766837)   #511
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will be good to get the full calendar confirmed and then the thread can move on from talking about obscure South American circuits and Brand Hatch lunacy.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3766847)   #512
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Old 14 Sep 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3766854)   #513
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Will be good to get the full calendar confirmed and then the thread can move on from talking about obscure South American circuits and Brand Hatch lunacy.
If we know about these tracks in South America and they've hosted international events from the FIA before, how are they obscure to us or World Championships?
Old 14 Sep 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3766883)   #514
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it's just an opinion, but they're pretty obscure to me. Perhaps I'm just a bit too 'mainstream'.......
Old 14 Sep 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3766901)   #515
TF110
Veteran

United States
Interlagos? I know that's been heard of!
Old 14 Sep 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3766912)   #516
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, it's just an opinion, but they're pretty obscure to me. Perhaps I'm just a bit too 'mainstream'.......
Normie pleb.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3766916)   #517
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Whether the locals around Brands could use a boot up the behind, it's hardly lunacy to look at what slate of venues would make for the best calendar.

On a slight side note, Silverstone may be a bit less of a vaccuum next season, as in the piece announcing the addition of Buriram to the calendar, RACER is reporting that Donington Park may take MotoGP for 2018.

Frankly, I find the "World Championship" requirement of only three continents kind of laughable. It ought to be at least a majority of the habitable continents (i.e. four).
Old 14 Sep 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3766919)   #518
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
MotoGP to Donington is starting to feel like the GP in New Jersey.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 02:49 (Ref:3766952)   #519
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Well, the British venue is still not confirmed, and I don't think it's just because of the Circuit of Wales mess.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3766987)   #520
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
From today's SC365 notebook:

Bernard Niclot left his post as WEC Technical Director, possibly due to falling out with the ACO over their now dead 2020 LMP1 regs and GTE BOP.

Also, Rebellion hope to know more about a possible move back into LMP1 or staying in LMP2 by Fuji in a month's time.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3767075)   #521
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
If we know about these tracks in South America and they've hosted international events from the FIA before, how are they obscure to us or World Championships?
I just think it's strange that with so much up in the air and to discuss about the coming WEC season that people have zeroed in on the noise days at Brands Hatch and which of the Argentine tracks is less run down.

Save those fingers guys!
Old 15 Sep 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3767116)   #522
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
From today's SC365 notebook:

Bernard Niclot left his post as WEC Technical Director, possibly due to falling out with the ACO over their now dead 2020 LMP1 regs and GTE BOP.

Also, Rebellion hope to know more about a possible move back into LMP1 or staying in LMP2 by Fuji in a month's time.
Not coincidentally by Fuji we should know what Toyota is going to do. The entire LMP grid is holding their deck of cards until that decision is made.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3767169)   #523
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Silverstone is back for 2018/2019. August 19th date.

The Jan/Feb race is now gone.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3767176)   #524
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hurrah!
Old 15 Sep 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3767177)   #525
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Silverstone is back for 2018/2019. August 19th date.

The Jan/Feb race is now gone.

Big things to take:

1) 5 WEC races in 2018 now
2) No conflicts with IMSA North American Endurance Cup races