Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Feb 2004, 08:44 (Ref:872833)   #1
billyblister
Racer

billyblister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The EJ14???

I was hoping (as I do every year) that this year's Jordan would have a bit more speed than last years car.

The car itself does not look to radical, despite what EJ says, although I know not to judge the look of it I still do. What kind of experience has this design team?

In testing so far it has not impressed, is it too early to judge, are they just finding their feet with the new car, or is it a big pile of ?

What engine are they using is it the full spec Jaguar engine?

Thanks

Alan
Old 13 Feb 2004, 09:01 (Ref:872847)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Jordan is running the same Cosworth engine spec as Jaguar all season... seems Heidfeld's signing has something to do with that...

Given that Jaguar also looks shyte in testing at the moment, and the Cossie is common, is that perhaps the cause of the issues with both teams?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Feb 2004, 10:24 (Ref:872936)   #3
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... and their naff chassis, I think. Both teams are in total disarray - that can't help either.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 12:20 (Ref:873050)   #4
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cossie is common aye? ... on the other hand, Minardi are doing well.......

(joke there)
Old 13 Feb 2004, 12:30 (Ref:873064)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jaguar was running well at yesterday's Jerez test.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 12:38 (Ref:873076)   #6
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the worst teams are powered by Ford!
Old 13 Feb 2004, 12:51 (Ref:873096)   #7
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is probably more down to chassis than the engine. Even if the Cossies are giving up 20-30 horsepower, it still wouldn't have as much of an effect on the cars than poor aerodynamics and grip.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 04:12 (Ref:874523)   #8
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shiny is right. Its not the engine that is making them slow. Besides the Cosworth is usually one of the best engines on the grid.
In order to give up 2 or 3secs per lap, and engine would have to be down 200-300hp. That definitely isn't the case
Old 15 Feb 2004, 04:40 (Ref:874535)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That would put the Minardi into negative wouldnt it?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Feb 2004, 07:25 (Ref:874579)   #10
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My point is all the cars at the back have Ford badges somewhere - not good publicity.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 08:24 (Ref:874604)   #11
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe if ford wanted good publicity they could make there stickers fall off the Jordan, Minardi and Jag when they get lapped. Like a flick swip. Activate Magna-sticket now!... and the ford sticker majicly gets stuck on the Ferrari of Michael thats lapping the Minardi after 3 laps.. sounds like the only way will see a ford sticker on a car in the lead..
Lets never speak of Brazil 2003 again

-jason
Old 15 Feb 2004, 08:51 (Ref:874613)   #12
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I posted on another thread Jordan started the week 5 seconds off and ended up only 2.5 seconds off the pace. They may be finding their feet also note that the last day was described as a brigstone tyre test where consistancy and benchmarking is the objective not absolute speed.

Having said that I still get the impresion its going to be a difficult year.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 08:52 (Ref:874615)   #13
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
I thnk the end is nigh for Jordan
Old 15 Feb 2004, 11:29 (Ref:874708)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jordan's reliability in testing so far seems to have been really impressive, and their improvement in time has been promising. Now that the driver line-up is sorted, adn that they know the engine gives an even comparison with Jaguar, I honestly think they'll do okay.

Finishing close to Jaguar might be optimistic, but I think any wet races will put Jordan at a real advantage, and if tehy can make use of those, good resutls will come. Other races with high atrition are their other chance of points.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 15:25 (Ref:874882)   #15
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Engine is apparantly the Jaguar block, but I believe what many press have said, in that they may be told to cap their revvs a little lower. If not forced by a slightly differant pneumatic valve material...
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 17:06 (Ref:874920)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think Jordans pace will be quite so bad at Melbourne. I expect them to be ahead of Minardi anyways, which a lot of us don't.

I fear though, that it will be an unspectacular season of slogging round the back. And with no freak wins.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 17:17 (Ref:874926)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
And with no freak wins.
a freak World Constructors Championship?.... maybe...
Old 15 Feb 2004, 17:23 (Ref:874932)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jordan will do better than a lot of people expect.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 18:31 (Ref:874987)   #19
ParkLife
Racer

ParkLife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No matter how bad Jordan are this year they will still be a long long way ahead of Minardi. There is no chance of Minardi being ahead of Jordan.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 23:45 (Ref:875196)   #20
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Well if Jordans blows an engine in practise and minardi doesnt ??
Old 15 Feb 2004, 23:49 (Ref:875200)   #21
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jordan will do alright. By that i mean scrape through, but they always do. It has got to be better than last year. If they don't then Eddie will see to it that it doesn't happen again... That man is a nice man, but he's no mug.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 00:30 (Ref:875229)   #22
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jasonhill9884
Well if Jordans blows an engine in practise and minardi doesnt ??
They'll end up one place behind a Minardi for a couple of laps of the race.

Sorry, but as much as I like Minardi, that's probably what the reality would be.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 19:56 (Ref:877462)   #23
billyblister
Racer

They were similare to the Saubers today this is a quote from the team's website today:
"Now that we have over 2500km on the EJ14, tomorrow we hope to be able to start looking at performance criteria."

So the few days should give a better idea...
Old 17 Feb 2004, 20:34 (Ref:877515)   #24
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting. They look to be in better shape than they were at this time last year. Am I right in thinking that they seem to be doing more pre-season testing too? Which isn't to say they've too much hope of getting above 9th, but it should be interesting...
Old 17 Feb 2004, 20:43 (Ref:877527)   #25
billyblister
Racer

EJ said that he would not let what happened last year happen again. (i.e not test and let the car slip back the grid)

Then again we can't believe everything EJ says!