Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Dec 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2805272)   #166
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Just received info from HMRN / Carol Spragg about next year and new '1000km' (4 races of 250km) for cars that ran in the World Sportscars Championships between 1964 and 1971. Does the Merlyn qualify for that, Simon?

Also of interest is the following paragraph from the email- "In order to stress our commitment to proper period specification, for 2011 we have engaged a permanent eligibility scrutineer, who will be at each meeting to inspect the cars and to help with any eligibility queries. If you are stripping your car over the winter, we ask for volunteers to invite our scrutineer to check the cars while engines are open and suspensions are clearly visible. We believe that this will help to assure other competitors that we are all committed to playing on a level field and help avoid."
Old 17 Dec 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2805464)   #167
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike initially I thiought it would be but when I looked at the suggested list twin cam sports racers were conspicious by their absence...
I think this is for "posh" World Sports Cars....
Johngee to be honest if I was goingto do a 24 hour race I would do it in a modern car or possibly an old 911...
Old 17 Dec 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2805482)   #168
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you had a typo and meant 60's E Type!

Relay is neatly done by Birkett and I think it would be a mistake to try and mirror it. A good friend of mine won a 24 hour race at Dijon (I think) a few years ago in his Cobra so historics can last 24 hours.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2805483)   #169
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've moved 24hrs posts to a new thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126060
Old 17 Dec 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2805595)   #170
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am sure that Carol's series will include some real Twin Cams.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2805598)   #171
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How many have you entered John?
Old 17 Dec 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2805614)   #172
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will enter Pre 63 with two cars and sometimes they will be driven by 10/10ths stalwarts.

Will not go to Monza so that rules that out.

Some are on the same card as Pre War so thats convenient.

Sports Cars ,I don't know,HSCC comes first.

Looking for Crossle or Ginetta with BMW as B8 is CER/HSCC bound.

Can I answer any other questions?
Old 17 Dec 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2805628)   #173
simon drabble
Veteran

John I am not sure Carol's series does include Merlyns' 23b's etc as they where not mentioned and to not include them is in itself a statement - personally I would only have been able to do the Donington round and I have committed to Snet 360 instead
Old 17 Dec 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2805636)   #174
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Think only headline cars mentioned but she will have to fill grid with something and thats where twinks come in.

We are doing both Donington and a couple or three cars at Snet.

Will be doing more UK stuff than European.Only ferry bound races Spa,Dijon and Algarve.

Thats along with Tour Auto ,My Rally and Gstaad.

Tour Britannia and Silverstone HSCC and Festival.

Can't see us doing Goodwood!

And thats to many!Will have to cut now have written them down as forgot GTSCC.

No Woodcote this year and giving CER a miss.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2805639)   #175
ClaireSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I will enter Pre 63 with two cars and sometimes they will be driven by 10/10ths stalwarts.

Will not go to Monza so that rules that out.

Some are on the same card as Pre War so thats convenient.

Sports Cars ,I don't know,HSCC comes first.

Looking for Crossle or Ginetta with BMW as B8 is CER/HSCC bound.

Can I answer any other questions?
When you back at home and what are the six numbers I need for this weeks Loto?
Old 4 Jan 2011, 12:36 (Ref:2810962)   #176
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
I've just clicked on a reason why JDC and Legends have proposed the new Gp2 / GpA races- JDC have a GpA TWR Jag XJS and Gp2 Broadspeed XJ12 on their books!

Old 4 Jan 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2811110)   #177
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Enter some cannon fodder and they will be well happy!
Old 4 Jan 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2811163)   #178
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting, is that Jag XJS the one that was for sale with oversized engine (plus 5.3 as spare) on ebay recently?

The XJ12 would be a lovely period addition to such a series, I wouldn't imagine the owner would wish it to be driven to hard though!
Old 4 Jan 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2811165)   #179
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
That was a showroom car not a genuine with history racer as i understand although it did come from the Walkinshaw stable.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2811189)   #180
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The XJ12 would be a lovely period addition to such a series
Agreed, but one of the other XJ12s (Chris Scragg) is already racing with Masters declared as 1976 year. So as JDC are selling this other car declared as 1977, and would obviously be keen to see it racing in their own series (maybe with race support from them!), we could have 2 glorious Jags racing in different series because of one year. Does that make sense?