Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 13 May 2014, 01:42 (Ref:3405678)   #26
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
turns away a paying fan.. yet gives away a ton of free tickets so the stands don't look empty? :/
A1GP did something almost similar on their debut in Taupo - we paid over $200 per ticket to be in the stands, and were't allowed paddock access (luckily I got some passes from a driver) and then on Saturday night they were giving tickets away in town to make it look full. I was a bit annoyed.
Old 13 May 2014, 03:15 (Ref:3405698)   #27
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yup. I'll be sticking to classic meetings. Nothing I have seen so far would tempt me back to paying spectator status at any events purporting to show modern cars - and that includes F1 GPs.

I'm very much with CDM and his observations. The paying spectator doesn't count for anything these days at these so called high profile meetings.
Old 13 May 2014, 03:41 (Ref:3405702)   #28
zenatello
Rookie

zenatello should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
From the sounds of this below, not only have they been deleting comments but also publically dissing their "fans'.

As this gets stirred up even further in social media, this is an extract from a reply on facebook relating to this all. I don't know the guy who posted this, and not a name I have heard of linked to either V8ST or NZV8's, but obviously a motorsport fan...

Next we had the new Series appearing at the worst track in the North Island for Spectating.. and more than once... and of course, like me, people stayed away after the first dismal meeting, in their hundreds and thousands... You had a Race meeting where most of the RACing could not be seen, you had a race Meeting with very little in the way of support racing, and the coup de grace for spectators...? WATCHING other people milling about on the GRID, in amongst the cars and Teams, I dunno, making out they were more important than the hundred or so poor sods that were in the stands and around the track, WAITING for something to happen in the way of car racing... TV seems to demand far too much in the way of setting Race times and poor old long suffering joe in the Stands just waits and waits and kicks his heals and shouts at the kids who have had more than enough.... All this 'Elite' crap just does not work in little old N Zed. at a 'home' track. Bring out the Mighty engined rip roaring tyre burning Mustangs and Comaros etc, that breath smoke, fire and brimstone, and have voices to frighten even Beelzebub away and you can see the spectator mood change......

A final straw for me.? After voicing some of my opinions, and you KNOW that I am polite, and fair, and balanced, even if you think me wrong, on a facebook page that had something to do with the V8ST, I get a personal attack on me, a banning of further comment from me, an Ernest and insistent desire that I NOT spend my $40.00 at the next Pukekohe Meeting because they really didnt want or need people with opinions different to theirs. I was so taken aback, and so shocked, that I kept that Facebook post so that I could read it a few more times, so that I could convince myself that it was not a dream or a nightmare put out by some anti V8ST club.. I still have it too.. word for word. It told ME that I was not welcome at a V8ST meeting and they didnt NEED my money.... "

Sorry V8ST but very very unprofessional
CDM,
Please stop it now. Mr Petch will tell you that the world is full of haters and the tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in NZ motorsport.(Again,blah,blah,blah)
The treatment you received is nothing out of the norm these days from the self centered egos that run these shows. Their actions have been evident for sometime now.
The funny side of it is that these self serving individuals actually get up in the morning, look in the mirror and believe that they are so special to have actually achieved the self elevated status of a "tall poppy". More like a ragwort in my books.
Old 13 May 2014, 03:54 (Ref:3405704)   #29
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
From the sounds of this below, not only have they been deleting comments but also publically dissing their "fans'.

As this gets stirred up even further in social media, this is an extract from a reply on facebook relating to this all. I don't know the guy who posted this, and not a name I have heard of linked to either V8ST or NZV8's, but obviously a motorsport fan...

Next we had the new Series appearing at the worst track in the North Island for Spectating.. and more than once... and of course, like me, people stayed away after the first dismal meeting, in their hundreds and thousands... You had a Race meeting where most of the RACing could not be seen, you had a race Meeting with very little in the way of support racing, and the coup de grace for spectators...? WATCHING other people milling about on the GRID, in amongst the cars and Teams, I dunno, making out they were more important than the hundred or so poor sods that were in the stands and around the track, WAITING for something to happen in the way of car racing... TV seems to demand far too much in the way of setting Race times and poor old long suffering joe in the Stands just waits and waits and kicks his heals and shouts at the kids who have had more than enough.... All this 'Elite' crap just does not work in little old N Zed. at a 'home' track. Bring out the Mighty engined rip roaring tyre burning Mustangs and Comaros etc, that breath smoke, fire and brimstone, and have voices to frighten even Beelzebub away and you can see the spectator mood change......

A final straw for me.? After voicing some of my opinions, and you KNOW that I am polite, and fair, and balanced, even if you think me wrong, on a facebook page that had something to do with the V8ST, I get a personal attack on me, a banning of further comment from me, an Ernest and insistent desire that I NOT spend my $40.00 at the next Pukekohe Meeting because they really didnt want or need people with opinions different to theirs. I was so taken aback, and so shocked, that I kept that Facebook post so that I could read it a few more times, so that I could convince myself that it was not a dream or a nightmare put out by some anti V8ST club.. I still have it too.. word for word. It told ME that I was not welcome at a V8ST meeting and they didnt NEED my money.... "

Sorry V8ST but very very unprofessional
he's a former ten-tenths member and a very passionate motorsport follower.
Old 13 May 2014, 03:56 (Ref:3405706)   #30
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
.. and I believe a lover of Citroen?
Old 13 May 2014, 04:07 (Ref:3405708)   #31
zenatello
Rookie

zenatello should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
he's a former ten-tenths member and a very passionate motorsport follower.
So was I once upon a time. Not anymore. The sport has lost all credibility and to be avoided at all cost. The enjoyment of participating and watching has long gone. Best of luck to all the tall poppies.
Old 13 May 2014, 04:47 (Ref:3405710)   #32
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I found some footage I took of an old Super GT race at Pukekohe some years ago - what a great class, Owen Evans was of course blowing everyone away in that truly awesome Porsche Le Mans he had - I used to love watching that going down the back straight at 300km/h+ - pity it got wrecked...
Old 13 May 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3405731)   #33
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenatello View Post
CDM,
Please stop it now. Mr Petch will tell you that the world is full of haters and the tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in NZ motorsport.(Again,blah,blah,blah)
The treatment you received is nothing out of the norm these days from the self centered egos that run these shows. Their actions have been evident for sometime now.
PLEASE NOTE: That quote is not something I wrote!!! I merely copied the majority of that post from an obviously avid motorsport fan who had posted on Facebook as a reply to the unprofessionalism V8 spat being aired.
Old 13 May 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3405774)   #34
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
in the NZ based... vehicles powered with an engine with less than seven cylinders news

I heard these two had an okay weekend
Promax............ i fixed it for you, cos motorsport in NZ, isn't just Fords and Holdens and tractors !!!!!
Old 13 May 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3405780)   #35
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
bloody aussies!
Old 13 May 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3405808)   #36
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoever is in charge of Social Media for both V8ST and NZV8 should just be told to stop, my god they both come across so ridiculous. What sort of professional organisations have a ****ing match over Facebook, are they being run by 13 year old girls?!
Old 13 May 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3405817)   #37
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Whoever is in charge of Social Media for both V8ST and NZV8 should just be told to stop, my god they both come across so ridiculous. What sort of professional organisations have a ****ing match over Facebook, are they being run by 13 year old girls?!
Very possibly 13 year-old boys....
Old 13 May 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3405885)   #38
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
They are not endeavoring to make themselves look good.

And why they spend so much time focusing on one another isn't healthy either. Clearly both camps have different ways of running things, so they just need to do that and move on.
Old 16 May 2014, 06:50 (Ref:3406851)   #39
KLR93
Rookie

New Zealand
Whangarei
KLR93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLMeHxTUFLs

Old 17 May 2014, 02:02 (Ref:3407115)   #40
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR93 View Post

Oversteer TV: Doing flashy editing and dramatic music better than commercial television broadcasters since ages ago. Looking forward to attempting to cover the Mt Smart final
Old 17 May 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3407175)   #41
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Oversteer TV: Doing flashy editing and dramatic music better than commercial television broadcasters since ages ago. Looking forward to attempting to cover the Mt Smart final
Hi HProject,

Not sure why you have taken a swipe at commercial television broadcasters but TV3 has never produced D1NZ... It has always been made by Brendon from D1NZ.... maybe you would like clarify? But we do agree on one thing, Brendon is making a great show.

Cheers
Nigel
Old 17 May 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3407195)   #42
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel TV3 View Post
Hi HProject,

Not sure why you have taken a swipe at commercial television broadcasters but TV3 has never produced D1NZ... It has always been made by Brendon from D1NZ.... maybe you would like clarify? But we do agree on one thing, Brendon is making a great show.

Cheers
Nigel
Not taking a swipe as such - just stating that I think Oversteer TV (makers of the attached promotional clip) do a superior job at 'that' element of editing than anyone else. Nothing personal
Old 17 May 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3407197)   #43
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not taking a swipe as such - just stating that I think Oversteer TV (makers of the attached promotional clip) do a superior job at 'that' element of editing than anyone else. Nothing personal
No offence taken mate... just like to get the facts correct.

Nige
Old 17 May 2014, 23:24 (Ref:3407360)   #44
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
don't you like the usually banjo music playing over the race car crash compilation? a lot of the amateur stuff you see online is a lot more polished than the crap you get from some of these so call professionals these days. I mean.. how bad is the new telecom rubbish currently out? ffs it's 2014 not 1980s.
Old 18 May 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3407424)   #45
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Mark, you have sold the prototype and brought corkerys car
Old 18 May 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3407580)   #46
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corkery's car (with all its associated gear and spares) was an absolute steal!!

If this is true then David J will be most upset at his missed opportuinity.
Old 18 May 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3407621)   #47
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
what is classed as a steal these days?

and isn't there more than one st on the market? or isn't DJ allowed to join st?
Old 19 May 2014, 01:35 (Ref:3407676)   #48
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just my opinion on the "steal" I guess. The list of spares I heard included in the sale price included such things as all doors, splitter, fuel machine, ride seat, cool suit box, pit walls, tool box.

When I last talked to DJ he had his heart set on this car, hence the reason I assume he will be disappointed (or perhaps he already knows - or perhaps he withdrew his interest????).

Theres a few ST's for sale, and im sure if you went and talked to some of the sponsorship struggling teams, some good deals could/would be made.

Im sure David can join any series he wants.
Old 19 May 2014, 03:53 (Ref:3407693)   #49
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
so when you mentioned.. associated gear and spares.. you basically meant everything

me.. buy a ST? this would be a much better buy than a ST lol of course.. assuming the associated gear is also thrown in
Old 19 May 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3407705)   #50
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
so when you mentioned.. associated gear and spares.. you basically meant everything

me.. buy a ST? this would be a much better buy than a ST lol of course.. assuming the associated gear is also thrown in
You'd most certainly want the "accessories" thrown in...