Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 May 2002, 13:48 (Ref:283260)   #1
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Praise Rubens thread

I am not a Rubens fan, but after what I just witnessed, I really feel the need to start this thread. What a disaster.

He drive abosultely amazing, and is the real winner of this race.

Ferrari and The German *******, he will never be an honourable man, nor a likable man, the sooner people realise this, the better.
Old 12 May 2002, 13:50 (Ref:283271)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TGF is a cheat. Cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:02 (Ref:283309)   #3
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Great job Rubbens!

I don't know what to feel for him now.

Happy for him because he is doing some great racing and sad because he is doomed as long as he is #2 to Michael.

what karma . . . . . .
Old 12 May 2002, 14:03 (Ref:283316)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rubens, you deserved that win so much. It's enough to make a grown man cry how a team could treat a driver in such a way.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:04 (Ref:283318)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Barrichello drove the kind of race I knew he had in him. Its a shame, just a damned shame. He really is that good a driver, and it looked like he had his confidence back. i hope this doesn't pitch him back into despair.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:11 (Ref:283350)   #6
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Ferrari and The German *******, he will never be an honourable man"

"TGF is a cheat. Cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat."

Well, the above comments are stupid.

Great race Rubens, but why did he do it? What would happen to the guy if he said "Get stuffed"?

Shocking result...
Old 12 May 2002, 14:15 (Ref:283363)   #7
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This time, Rubens was clearly the best.

And Michael, Juan and Villeneuve have been very lucky.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:15 (Ref:283367)   #8
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no gunslinger, they are not stupid comments.

rubens you fool. why, oh why, did you sign that contract and sell your soul to the devil himself???????
Old 12 May 2002, 14:16 (Ref:283369)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Forget about TGF and just praise Rubens.

A well deserved winning. that's all
Old 12 May 2002, 14:19 (Ref:283379)   #10
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone, except Ferrari themselves seem to be able to accept that Rubens completely outdrove TGB.
Rubens now needs to focus on putting another car between him and TG**.

Last edited by Osella; 12 May 2002 at 14:21.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:24 (Ref:283396)   #11
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could this possibly be the last nail in the coffin of the Ecclestone Empire??
Old 12 May 2002, 14:25 (Ref:283402)   #12
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF has proven he's not a man but just a stupid winning machine and if he has any moral,he should quit F1 ASAP.I hated him before,but now I feel like killing him!
Old 12 May 2002, 14:27 (Ref:283406)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am ashamed of Rubens. It does not matter if you have gained the world, if you have sold your soul for a mess of pottage.

Rubens, you have a lot to think about before the next race. It's not for the short term. This is to define once and for all the kind of man you are. The whole world is watching you, Rubens. They know what kind of man your teammate is. Now the world waits to see what kind of a man you are.

Think of waking up after8 that terrible accident and seeing Senna looking at you. He's looking at you now.

Don't disappoint him -- or all of us who have always thought better of you -- again.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:27 (Ref:283407)   #14
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari team orders is making their two drivers suffer!!! sigh!!

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 12 May 2002, 14:31 (Ref:283414)   #15
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens got what he deserved. I feel he asked for this. He signed with this team so he made his bed. He has no right to be upset or to protest. Only we do. I am a big believer in people having heart. RB has none. I would rather lose in a Minardi that pull over in a Ferrari.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:32 (Ref:283416)   #16
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher's reputation has taken a big hit this afternoon. And I dont think he realized that till he got out of the car and heard the crowd. He didnt deserve to win and he should'nt have passed Barrichelo even though he was told to do so - Schumacher has the clout in my eyes to disregard a team order and get away with it but he didnt do so - therefore he does deserve part of the blame.

But the main culpirits are Jean Todt and the Ferrari team.
They should be ashamed of themselves. Dave Hobbes made a good point on Speed when he said this will be a major PR disaster for Ferrari and Gerry Donaldson said on TSN that even the German and Italian press in the press room were booing when Barrichelo moved over for Schumacher.

This story is going to get hotter as the days go by - bet on it.

Last edited by Mania; 12 May 2002 at 14:34.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:33 (Ref:283419)   #17
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens is a very naive man indeed not to have expected this, but to say he deserved it is simply to harsh.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:45 (Ref:283450)   #18
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really, he signed into this team. EI, though not the most reputable person said that it is MS's team. It is true. RB has put prestiege and money ahead of winning races. He was not forced to sign with them. Massa could have easily gone to Ferrari next year. If he would have been told to pull over it could be called growing pains. However RB is a veteran.

I am not trying to blame RB. It is just that he put himself in the position. I knew he was a broken man from the start of the season when he said he was not going to complain anymore. He has sold his soul, his racing soul.

Yes, Ferrari are the villans here. But when you sign away your life to them then you should know what to expect.
Old 12 May 2002, 14:51 (Ref:283467)   #19
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By Liz
"I am ashamed of Rubens. It does not matter if you have gained the world, if you have sold your soul for a mess of pottage."

Totally agree. (i think. what's pottage)

By mania
"Schumacher's reputation has taken a big hit this afternoon. And I dont think he realized that till he got out of the car and heard the crowd"

Totally agree with that as well, see the look on Ralf's face?

This sux big time,
Old 12 May 2002, 14:57 (Ref:283489)   #20
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found it rather telling that Schumacher was waving to the crowd as he crossed the line, but as he slowed down, he kinda...well...stopped.

It sickens me to think that this is "Ferrari".

Rubinho, thank you for driving the way you did this weekend - you were magnificent.
Old 12 May 2002, 16:38 (Ref:283741)   #21
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On a "positive" side, everyone who watched the race knew who the real race winner was, and that Rubens is in pocession of the throphy he deserve. Let's ignore the points for today. Lets ignore the anthem played. Let's put aside the sh*t and start celebrating a well deserved victory for Rubens. He has reasons to be proud...he proved his critics wrong, and he beat Michael fair and square today.
Old 12 May 2002, 17:40 (Ref:283852)   #22
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I dont feel any sympathy for rubens.. he is as equal a culprit in all this sham. he shouldve go on and defied the orders
Old 12 May 2002, 18:48 (Ref:283966)   #23
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The orders were disgusting - but in my book Rubens did the professional thing. He works for them, simple as that. It's an obscene order, but Rubens did nothing wrong in following it.

Rubens was fantastic this weekend and it's a total disgrace that his team were so unsporting. Rubens won, and Ferrari lost - big time. I agree that this is a PR disaster for Ferrari, and for F1.
Old 12 May 2002, 19:05 (Ref:283985)   #24
Bibendum
Racer

Bibendum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's very foolish to blame Rubens for this. First, I don't think we can blame him for wanting to drive the most competitive car available to him, so let's not attack him for remaining with Ferrari. Second, if honour is the issue, then (as I've written eleswhere) the balance sheet favours Rubens by a very wide margin indeed, and I cannot fathom Liz's attack on him.

I too marked Ralf's expression in the parc fermée -- pretty explicit. I enjoyed seeing Michael subjected to boos, and not because I'm reflexive Michael-hater, but because he did not deserve this win and should not have taken it.

Rubens drove a superb race and, perhaps more importantly, out-qualified Michael in a definitive way. Let us hope to see the out-qualification, at least, repeated.
Old 12 May 2002, 19:05 (Ref:283987)   #25
the18racer
Rookie

the18racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens had little choice. He did what he is paid to do, namely bend over and get shafted. It stinks, doesn't it? It was the same in Australia when McLaren did it, when Salo moved over for Irvine and now this fiasco. It surely can't be beyond those who draft the FIA sporting code to ban this practice forthwith in regulations.