Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Aug 2004, 19:17 (Ref:1065317)   #26
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I doubt TOCA would ban him. Come on, they haven't had so much tension and excitement at the track for years like there is this year.

garcon I have to disagree with you (again I think!!). Reid is no hooligan. He is a hard racer. If you saw the TV you'd see he wasn't being stupid and coming from miles back, Chilton left the door wide open and he took the opportunity to dive up the inside. Unfortunately Turkington was there as well, which sort of magnified the incident.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 13:32 (Ref:1066046)   #27
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still, having rewatched that particular incident again, cannot see why that move was punished. There were plently of incidents going on throughout the weekend, and that was just one of them that makes good viewing.

Its the old chesnut of people complaining when there's strung out fields and then moaning when there's a bit of contact.

Reid is as clean a racer as the likes of Plato, Huff or Muller, they're not adverse to bit of contact, because that's their style of racing, and that's what the BTCC is about, especially at a circuit as tight as knockhill.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 15:57 (Ref:1068292)   #28
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only watched the Knockhill races on Motors TV last night and to single Reid out for punishment with everything else that went on throughout all 3 races is ludicrous. It was a racing incident pure and simple, and certainly no worse than probably half a dozen other moves made by several other drivers.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 18:05 (Ref:1068406)   #29
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Clerk of the Course didn't have any problem with it, it was Alan Gow who dished it out as a series punishment.