Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 29 Dec 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1491311)   #51
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see towards the end of long races, marbles on the edge of the track, and loss of grip when you go near them and/or come of the racing line.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1491315)   #52
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F.
why the **** did they get rid of that.that for me is the worst thing about GT2,3,4
I agree with those sentiments about GT3 & 4, but you could do that with GT2, which makes it, for me, the most playable version from an interest point of view. Modding cars gradually up to full race spec with full body kits etc was one of the best aspects of the game.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1491321)   #53
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
I agree with those sentiments about GT3 & 4, but you could do that with GT2, which makes it, for me, the most playable version from an interest point of view. Modding cars gradually up to full race spec with full body kits etc was one of the best aspects of the game.
Totally agree, I didn't get GT3 for precisely that reason - it took away one of the best features. I haven't bought GT4 yet either although I'm seriously considering it (purely for the ring).
Old 29 Dec 2005, 23:28 (Ref:1491708)   #54
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 'Ring is awesome Bert, well worth the purchase price I reckon! Hold off a few weeks though, I've no doubt that with Christmas over the game has to go platinum shortly!
Old 30 Dec 2005, 01:18 (Ref:1491736)   #55
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ring is great . I think it would be even better if you could play with the old Sudschleife as part of the circuit as well. If they are going to keep Motegi I would like to see more ovals in the game as Motegi isn't a great oval & I don't think it fits in with the game, just having one of a kind of circuit (ovals). I would like to see tracks such as Lausitzring, Rockingham, Pocono, Bristol & Michigan added. Also a few more real short circuits would be nice rather than just more made up ones/short versions of long tracks. Circuits like Knockhill, Cadwell Park, Brands Indy, Pau & Enna would be good. Also Lime Rock Park, Watkins Glen (without the chicane), Dijon, Mugello & Spa would be nice. I think what I'm trying to say is scrap most of the made up circuits & put in great real ones. Why have Seoul & New York when you could have Long Beach & Macau? Why have Autumn Ring & Apricot Hill (or whatever it is called) when you could have Brands Hatch & Zandvoort? Keep just the best ones like El Capitan, Grand Valley & Forest Raceway!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 30 Dec 2005, 05:38 (Ref:1491766)   #56
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't care about lack of cars. if the 6 AI cars actually had some intelligence in em, i'd be happy.

work on the tire physics, the ones right now are horrendous.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1493637)   #57
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Better AI is my number one request. If they sort that out it would greatly improve the game.

More realistic tire wear and fuel consumption.

More than five opponents.

More real life tracks...Sebring, Silverstone, Monza, and Spa to name a few.

Some of the car choices are just silly. Especially when they could add cars like the Panoz LMP1, Cadillac LMP02, MG-Lola, Chrysler-Dallara, Zytek, etc.

Ferrari and Porsche.

For the OLR community, the ability to set the number of laps in the Family Cup races.

A real cockpit view.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1506323)   #58
coldtyre
Rookie

France
Paris
coldtyre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
I think the Bike game is out first.

I have experience in the games industry. Damage is a real issue. Would you pay an extra $10 for a a game if it had damaged. Building damaged models takes time, so would you be happy to have less cars (in GT4, yes probably as they have a silly amount of cars). Some manufactures just say No, point blank, so what happens then, do you leave them out, do you have limtied damage on them? Every company has different criteria.

For example one big company won't allow your car tip on 2 wheels more than 7 degrees. Another wont allow any damage to the safety cell while a third company won't allow any fire or smoke.

So, lets say GT4 has 60 brands, thats a lot of different criteria, rules and regs. Although PGR3 is very impressive for getting to many in.

However, in saying all that, it does seem to be getting easier and companies are getting more flexible. Licencing is a big problem generally.
Who cares about manufacturers? Remove all the every-day cars, they have nothing to do in a racing game. Then we can have damage on the racing cars, because nobody can argue that a racecar never burns...
Old 21 Jan 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1506343)   #59
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GT is not intended as a racing game, but a driving game, in which you happen to be able to race cars in.
Old 22 Jan 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1506472)   #60
coldtyre
Rookie

France
Paris
coldtyre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, I agree the best in the game is the career, to begin with ur basic every-day car then finish in a F1 championship, but the main thing about driving is actually the fear of accidents.

I mean with like these physics models, it would be so thrilling to drive fast while u know u can destroy your car. Quite close to the reality.

So if I have to choose between 700cars/no damage and 150 cars/damage...
But the choice is not mine, and I'll try to buy the game anyway because, damage or not, it's clear it will drive the racing experience beyond
Old 22 Jan 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1506569)   #61
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I tend to agree with that, racing is a lot more 'lively' when you'll have to face a "repair bill" after the race!
Old 28 Jan 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1510975)   #62
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, we're all pretty much agreed we want more cars, and less every day cars which we never use. i think its time we list the tracks we want, it seems to me that more classics are wanted, (Spa, Monza and Nurby Sudschielfe for example) I'd also want; Brands Hatch indy & GP, Castle Combe, Thruxton, Oulton Park, Lime Rock Park, Zandvoort, Mugello, Dijon, Watikins Glen, Road America to name a few.. More focus on real life tracks that are accurate and look stunning to drive on. Also, please have a real cockpit view a-la PGR3.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 01:15 (Ref:1511050)   #63
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On top of those I would like Charade, Montjuich Park, Gotlandring, Macau, Fuji (with banking), Bathurst, Philip Island, Batangas, Istanbul, Mid-Ohio, Mont Tremblant, Mosport Park, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Interlagos, Sebring & Road Atlanta. A few good ovals would be nice as well. Rockingham, Daytona, Indianapolis, Pocono, Michigan, Talladega, Dover, Milwaukee, Texas, Lausitzring, Charlotte, Darlington, Phoenix, Phansika, Richmond, Bristol & Chicagoland would all be fine & I could live with a few of the others.
I think most people aren't too concerned about what real circuits they have, but just that they have them. I mean, for smaller circuits this may even be a way of getting noticed on a larger stage. Before GT4 how many of you could have pictured Tskuba in your mind. That is why I included Batangas on my list. It has a reputation for being very challenging for the amount of track that you get, with very little room for error...just the kind of track most of us want to race around. A couple more historic tracks (Pescara, Reims, Rouen, old Interlagos, Brooklands, old Spa) also wouldn't go amiss.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 15 Feb 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1523389)   #64
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The full Super GT Series
Old 15 Feb 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1523400)   #65
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthopps
Create some more tracks based around real life venues: for example on Toca 2 Touring Cars there's a track based around Loch Ness.
polyphony already do that for all there made up street tracks. And if I want to race a GT300 car I dont want to race against rally cars.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 08:58 (Ref:1524111)   #66
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
how about a full WTCC series
Old 16 Feb 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1524284)   #67
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteconnors
The PS3 surely has to come out next year, as it will lose out too badly to Microsfot otherwise!
I wouldnt worry too much, The Playstation 2 is still outselling the XBOX 360 and the PS3 is expected to be cheaper than the 360!
Old 16 Feb 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1524351)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The rallying really needs sorting out. I only got GT4 a couple of weeks ago ( yeah I know - Mr Behind the times ) and I really, really dislike the rallying (I'm a rally fan too so it's even more annoying). The 5 second penalty you get when the AI drives into you is ridiculous enough but I went to straightline a corner and bounced off an invisible wall! What's that all about? There was nothing there except some small rocks (certainly not big enough to halt the progress of the car). Plus the handling is appalling on gravel shame really as the group B rally cars are my favourite cars in the game.

For GT5 they either need to sort it out or admit that they can't do it and just leave it out. It's be a shame to lose all the rally cars though so maybe they should just stick to sealed surfaces and sort out that ridiculous 5 second nonsense.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1525233)   #69
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Being able to get out of your car when you crash and returning to the pits would be nice aswell as marshalls recovering cars. Design your own livery, get sponsors, design helmet, ability to mod cars to full race spec.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1525732)   #70
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Yeah, stuff like that makes it feel more 'real' like marshalls working on track etc
Old 20 Feb 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1527421)   #71
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has there been any confirmation of the tracks on the game or anything?

I'm not sure if it's just me, but with the exception of the Autumn Ring I like all of the original tracks. I wouldn;t mind seeing some new original tracks on the game.

I hope the PS3 comes out sometime in the not-too-distant future because I reckon I have saved up enough to buy the console straight away, instead of waiting for the price to come down, which may take a while. If it's not out soon, I will end up spending that money on something else...