Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Oct 2002, 18:52 (Ref:411500)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, just driven round Nürburgring for full time what a race track........
Old 23 Oct 2002, 22:35 (Ref:411724)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Wow, just driven round Nürburgring for full time what a race track........

I notice you didn't post your time, rd?!!
Old 23 Oct 2002, 22:47 (Ref:411734)   #28
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is something DEEPLY sensual about one's "first time", am I not right?? The "first time" in the Ferrari is another seminal experience
Old 24 Oct 2002, 07:59 (Ref:411908)   #29
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
There is something DEEPLY sensual about one's "first time", am I not right??
Hmm, little control, keep falling off, need support aids, and almost certainly prematurely ejected. How was the first time for you?
Old 24 Oct 2002, 12:37 (Ref:412094)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
Hmm, little control, keep falling off, need support aids, and almost certainly prematurely ejected. How was the first time for you?

Travelling a couple of hundred metres in a straight line without falling off the back stuff was an achievement when I first started......
Old 24 Oct 2002, 14:40 (Ref:412215)   #31
Tristan
Veteran

First time I made an absolute hash of the first corner. I still do. That's progress!!
Old 24 Oct 2002, 17:50 (Ref:412432)   #32
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I notice you didn't post your time, rd?!!
Didn't get one only went round once - will lap it tonight to get a lap time..........
Old 24 Oct 2002, 18:03 (Ref:412446)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Didn't get one only went round once - will lap it tonight to get a lap time..........
Although Tristan will tell me off for suggesting it, rd, you need to get a copy of Ringtrainer.
Old 24 Oct 2002, 18:13 (Ref:412461)   #34
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
how do you use ringtrainer, because my instructions are in GERMAN!!!

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 24 Oct 2002, 19:56 (Ref:412571)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's a very simple program Juan, once installed you start it before starting GPL. You then select where on the track you want to start, using the drop-down menu. You can also use it to hotkey to various parts of the track to drive them over and over again (but as Tristan knows, I don't use that!).

I have the instructions in English. Send me your e-mail in a PM and I'll whizz them off to you.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 24 Oct 2002 at 19:56.
Old 24 Oct 2002, 21:44 (Ref:412656)   #36
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
cheers mate

Old 25 Oct 2002, 23:20 (Ref:413724)   #37
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Download Le Mans - Lap Time 5 mins 34 secs - that is pretty bad......
Old 25 Oct 2002, 23:37 (Ref:413739)   #38
Tristan
Veteran

Ringtrainer: in other words blatent cheating.
Old 26 Oct 2002, 08:46 (Ref:413858)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Ringtrainer: in other words blatent cheating.

Or not, as most of the GPL experts would say.

(I shan't post on this subject again ).
Old 26 Oct 2002, 18:43 (Ref:414111)   #40
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
thanks again Aysedasi, i have now learned a few sections and it makes a bloody huge difference!!!

my best lap *at the moment* is around 9m40, but i reckon i CAN get lower. cut out a few spins at some slow corners and im there!

Old 26 Oct 2002, 18:58 (Ref:414114)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
thanks again Aysedasi, i have now learned a few sections and it makes a bloody huge difference!!!

my best lap *at the moment* is around 9m40, but i reckon i CAN get lower. cut out a few spins at some slow corners and im there!
I'm down to a tantalising 9:00:208 in the Brab. I'm under 9:10 in the Lotus and Ferrari and close in the Cooper and Honda. But I can't get the Eagle or the BRM under 9:30. So much effort!
Old 26 Oct 2002, 20:40 (Ref:414201)   #42
Tristan
Veteran

Cheat.

Note from MF: Enough, ok?

Last edited by Minardi fan; 27 Oct 2002 at 15:12.
Old 26 Oct 2002, 22:01 (Ref:414238)   #43
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
creative racer...

Old 26 Oct 2002, 22:13 (Ref:414244)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Cheat.

Increasingly annoying member....
Old 26 Oct 2002, 22:26 (Ref:414252)   #45
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
after my long perifod of absense from the game due to being too stupid there was an opengl patch for gpl, I've just done a lap of spa in 3:27.1 1.5 seconds off jim clark.

Is that rubbish?

I would like to take part in some online racing.. anyone know a good place?
Old 26 Oct 2002, 23:04 (Ref:414274)   #46
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
go and find out about VROC via Google or Alison Hine's website...

Old 27 Oct 2002, 08:17 (Ref:414502)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
after my long perifod of absense from the game due to being too stupid there was an opengl patch for gpl, I've just done a lap of spa in 3:27.1 1.5 seconds off jim clark.

Is that rubbish?
I wouldn't say it's rubbish. You're still best part of 7 seconds off -ive rank though. My best is 3:23.288 in the Lotus and then 3:25 in the Brab. I find Spa mermerising - so many places to lose time!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 27 Oct 2002 at 08:17.
Old 27 Oct 2002, 08:38 (Ref:414514)   #48
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
i KNOW i can get under the 3m25 barrier at Spa, either my computer CTW's halfway through a hot-lap or i'll just somehow lose time somewhere!!!

my best so far: 3m 27 ish

Old 27 Oct 2002, 13:04 (Ref:414659)   #49
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Orininally posted Aysedasi
Absolutely. I remember when I first tried GPL with a cheapo gamepad. Impossible. (Although there are aliens out there who do ridiculously well with joysticks, I have to say). Don't go cheap - get a Momo - fantastic!
Ahhh, so that's why my skin is green..

I use a usb Sidewinder joystick. It's very precise with the input setup halfway between centre and non-linear. It works well for me anyway.

I have got a Thrustmaster Formula Sprint, but it kept losing calibration on the pedals so I just gave up. Though I am planning to get a nice force feedback wheel when I get enough spare cash.

I've just spent the morning updating the track textures, sounds, cars etc.. and now it looks gorgeous! I have to turn the sound up when using the Ferrari becuase it sounds awesome!

One problem I have been having is when I go into the car fom the pits, the engine sound goes all weird and it's really annoying. The problem is intermittent and I thought the sound updates might sort it out, but it hasn't. Any ideas?
Old 27 Oct 2002, 13:17 (Ref:414665)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun

One problem I have been having is when I go into the car fom the pits, the engine sound goes all weird and it's really annoying. The problem is intermittent and I thought the sound updates might sort it out, but it hasn't. Any ideas?

Are you running an SB live with XP? There are all sorts of problems with that combination, but I've largely sorted mine out. If that's the problem, I can try and search you out the remedy I found.

(And yes, that Ferrari sound is gorgeous, isn't it! The only original car sound I haven't changed!).