Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 May 2009, 23:22 (Ref:2469150)   #1
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well well well, it's approaching the time...

I have my driving test on the 8th of June.
After months of on/off practice (e.g, when funds allow), i'm going for it.

I've also bought a car!
A 1996 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec S LX.
It's in average conditon for a car that age, just needs a few bits done like tracking and wheel balancing, and a proper good clean.
I won't be getting it until sometime around the 15th of June, so once it's respectable i'll put some pictures up. It's a nippy little thing, after taking it on a little spin with my mate who currently owns it, the throttle response is pretty good, and it handles pretty nicely too!

Well, it beats the Merc A Class i'm learning in currently.

Oh boy, the nerves are building.
Old 26 May 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2469326)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just concentrate, relax and don't do anything silly and you'll do fine Rocky.
Old 26 May 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2469499)   #3
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky View Post
. . .
Ours too.

But good luck all the same.

Jim
Old 26 May 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2469575)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
At least it will "probably" be you that takes the test, unlike India where they normally pay someone else to do it for them !
Just remember that you only have to drive for a fixed time on the test and not all day, best of luck
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 May 2009, 07:22 (Ref:2469990)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh no! As if there isn't enough danger on our over crowded roads!

Very easy to say but try to be as relaxed as possible,dont over hype yourself because these things tend to go a lot better than we think they will.Good luck.
Old 27 May 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2470128)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky View Post
I have my driving test on the 8th of June.
After months of on/off practice (e.g, when funds allow), i'm going for it.

I've also bought a car!
A 1996 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec S LX.
It's in average conditon for a car that age, just needs a few bits done like tracking and wheel balancing, and a proper good clean.
I won't be getting it until sometime around the 15th of June, so once it's respectable i'll put some pictures up. It's a nippy little thing, after taking it on a little spin with my mate who currently owns it, the throttle response is pretty good, and it handles pretty nicely too!

Well, it beats the Merc A Class i'm learning in currently.

Zetec
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 May 2009, 09:53 (Ref:2470796)   #7
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confidence is a key thing for it but not overconfident

As if the examiner feels comfortable they are less likely to beat you to their brake.

And don't worry about not passing cause you can always retake it.

Remember you can get 14 minors and still pass, so you can make many little mistakes and still pass - as i did.

And finally Good Luck

btw, its now over a year since i passed my test and it doesn't seem anywhere near that long ago.

A merc A class is considerably better than a diesel 207
Old 29 May 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2471310)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
Remember you can get 14 minors and still pass, so you can make many little mistakes and still pass - as i did.
so did i, except it was on my artic test the odd thing is that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my driving, i was just absolutely bricking it because hiring a truck for a day and the lgv driving test fee isn't cheap! i couldn't really afford to fail. i think sometimes they decide they're going to fail you and then make as many mountains out of molehills as possible...

advice... make sure everything is second nature before you go into the test. things like mirror checks (boy, do they like those), speed checks, making good progress, and equally not going too fast. the reversing and stops and so on - remember to check your mirrors during the controlled stop, both before, during and after. whenever you pull away from a standing start, check your mirrors. whenever you're a passenger in the car or even on the bus get used to watching the traffic and making your own decisions about junctions, moving around parked cars etc - it's that judgement that is the first to go during tests, either you're too cautious or you're too confident.

and DON'T FORGET BOTH PARTS OF YOUR LICENCE AND YOUR THEORY TEST PASS LETTER!!!

but seriously. good luck. you'll be fine
Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:54 (Ref:2483957)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
so, how'd it go...? Hope you're now driving that car that was waiting for you!
Old 23 Jun 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2489118)   #10
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops, forgot I posted this.

Er, no, i'm not driving.

It got cancelled. AGAIN!
So the best they could do is August 14th!
However i'm pushing for a cancellation, hoping to get something early next month.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2489149)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
fun, I had that with my test too and had a loooong wait for another test, and didn't get a cancellation Good luck!